Season ticket renewals

Maybe
I can’t help at look at that schedule and assume I won’t get to many games next year

Which isn’t the case every year

Years where we play a road non conference game seem to work out better

Two bye weeks after oct 12 doesn’t help
There are two home games after oct 6

This year there were 4
2022 there were 3
2021 there were 4
2019 there were 4

Do high schools play mostly on Saturdays? Haven’t attended a Saturday high school game in my life (outside of prep bowl and maybe a section final?)

Do high schools play mostly on Saturdays? Haven’t attended a Saturday high school game in my life (that I know of)
No. But big schools play a ton of Saturday JV
So there are commitments for people. More of an issue specifically for me. I’m selfish

If none of these games are at 11am
None of my complaints will matter

No. But big schools play a ton of Saturday JV
So there are commitments for people. More of an issue specifically for me. I’m selfish

If none of these games are at 11am
None of my complaints will matter

That’s fair. I wasnt trying to be a jerk about it. Legitimately didn’t know if ref shortages had moved a lot of games to Saturday or something. I know that’s happening sometimes where they play Thursday but wasn’t sure if the impacts. My kids are 0 and 3. A few years away from Friday night lights

That’s fair. I wasnt trying to be a jerk about it. Legitimately didn’t know if ref shortages had moved a lot of games to Saturday or something. I know that’s happening sometimes where they play Thursday but wasn’t sure if the impacts. My kids are 0 and 3. A few years away from Friday night lights
A lot of JV is moving from Saturdays to Mondays

Which I love

But you know damn well that mactui, that mere facade of an ad guy never would have gotten all that beautiful brick work completed without Glen!

;0)
Spoken like a true Mason disciple which you were.

But its true that Mase set the ground work and got the wheels turning. It was too bad that he didn't get a chance to coach there.

After 42 years I am thinking of just getting a Gopher pass. I bought public season seats as a senior. I went from 12 tickets now to 4. My dream of the Rose bowl is gone and I am not thrilled with the whole thing anymore because of the big money screwing it up and not really rowing any boats. I will maybe check out a road game every like I have but College football has lost its luster for me. If I renew it will be 11th hour. Had many great times.
Mrs Bayfield and I are thinking the same. Tough to do after decades of having ST's.
The one way 4 hour drive gets a bit tougher every year. We went to just two home games this year and were very happy that one of my old high school players used the rest. Will renew if he wants to keep it going.

Side note: any have experience bringing 4 year olds to games in terms of actually needing a ticket for them? He’d be on my lap so it wouldn’t impact those around me.
We haven't added a ticket for our kids until they were 5, and all three of them have been to every home game since they've been born with no issues getting in. My youngest was 4 this year. There are 5 of us and we have 5 tickets. However, we always brought a guest with us, so there were 6 of us including the 4 year old with 5 tickets. I've never been stopped or questioned ever.

A number of years back (like 5-6) my friends that sit next to us were doing the same thing with a 4 year old at the time. They got stopped once and were told they needed to get a free ticket for the kid at will call. Instead of leaving the line, waiting at will call, then getting back in line, he just went to another ticket line with no problem.

We'll be back for our 18th year.

We haven't added a ticket for our kids until they were 5, and all three of them have been to every home game since they've been born with no issues getting in. My youngest was 4 this year. There are 5 of us and we have 5 tickets. However, we always brought a guest with us, so there were 6 of us including the 4 year old with 5 tickets. I've never been stopped or questioned ever.

A number of years back (like 5-6) my friends that sit next to us were doing the same thing with a 4 year old at the time. They got stopped once and were told they needed to get a free ticket for the kid at will call. Instead of leaving the line, waiting at will call, then getting back in line, he just went to another ticket line with no problem.

We'll be back for our 18th year.

Great info. Thank you very much. We’ll probably move to 4 tickets (have a 0 and 3 year old currently) but we like to bring people with us. Helps with the kids and it’s fun.

I learned I was already set up for "auto-renew" because I started the payment plan last year.

Will be renewing my (2) seats as always.

I actually hate the home schedule...opponents are great, but the timing and spacing is terrible.

B1G opener against Iowa, starting with 5 home games out of the first 6 weekends, only 2 home games after October 5th...yuck.
Better weather…

Schedule sucks for anyone involved in high school football. Only 3 home games after regular season is over.
Really wish the opener would move to Friday or Saturday and off of Thursdays against most HS openers. I know the State Fair has an agreement, but there are over 100,000 everyday at the fair and on Thursday they also had the Twins and Vikings playing before. Dumb agreement that isn't needed.

Really wish the opener would move to Friday or Saturday and off of Thursdays against most HS openers. I know the State Fair has an agreement, but there are over 100,000 everyday at the fair and on Thursday they also had the Twins and Vikings playing before. Dumb agreement that isn't needed.
It’s fine. I only miss 1/7 of my season ticket every year

I almost lobbied successfully to move the HS game last year. But in the end was shot down

I wish most HS would go back to Friday for the opener.
A lot of JV is moving from Saturdays to Mondays

Which I love

The Conferences/Districts that have Saturday JV has never made much sense to me.

Usually a quick turnaround from the night before (sometimes after a lengthy bus trip). Also not just conflicts with the Gophers but all the D2 & D3 games that a lot of those involved in HS football also have family members or other strong connections.

I wish most HS would go back to Friday for the opener.

The Conferences/Districts that have Saturday JV has never made much sense to me.

Usually a quick turnaround from the night before (sometimes after a lengthy bus trip). Also not just conflicts with the Gophers but all the D2 & D3 games that a lot of those involved in HS football also have family members or other strong connections.
With all the Thursday games now sometimes Monday JV makes it a really short week

off-topic but just curious. I see posters talking about talking very young children to games. how do kids that age handle the length of games? and beyond that, do they really 'get' anything from the games? Is a 3 or 4-year old going to grasp what is going on beyond the general noise and excitement?

I know that leaving kids at home means paying for a baby-sitter, but having watched a lot of people wrangle kids at games, I would be reluctant to take very young children to an event of that size.

just interested in your thoughts.

FWIW - I was 9 when I attended my first big sporting event (Twins' game) but I was already a baseball fan so I was happy to sit there, watch the game and eat a Frosty malt with one of those little wooden spoons....

off-topic but just curious. I see posters talking about talking very young children to games. how do kids that age handle the length of games? and beyond that, do they really 'get' anything from the games? Is a 3 or 4-year old going to grasp what is going on beyond the general noise and excitement?

I know that leaving kids at home means paying for a baby-sitter, but having watched a lot of people wrangle kids at games, I would be reluctant to take very young children to an event of that size.

just interested in your thoughts.

FWIW - I was 9 when I attended my first big sporting event (Twins' game) but I was already a baseball fan so I was happy to sit there, watch the game and eat a Frosty malt with one of those little wooden spoons....
I’ve brought younger ones a couple times when they were under 5. Just my opinion by 3 hours is a lot. Once they hit 9 or 10 it’s a lot better.

I’ve brought younger ones a couple times when they were under 5. Just my opinion by 3 hours is a lot. Once they hit 9 or 10 it’s a lot better.
Totally depends on the kid. I started bringing my daughter to games when she was in kindergarten, never had an issue with her not enjoying it/getting bored/losing interest. Her younger brother has no interest in sitting through a game that long, so he hasn't gone with me yet, and he's 8.

we’re not renewing our 4. We’ve had 2 or more since 2002. Too hard getting to the games plus I’ve never been less interested in CFB. NIL stolen my long time passion. It was better not knowing the blue bloods were paying their athletes I guess.

Top Bottom