Scott Frost is now 7 - 17 against Power 5 Teams - 7-15 vs Big Ten

Nebraska never lost to Akron. They did cancel a game with them right before kickoff due to weather, as the ball was sitting on the tee. They have had a few FCS close calls such as needing a miracle to beat McNeese State a few years back.

There's plenty of bad Big Ten losses to pick on them for instead, last week's blowout against Illinois near the top of the list.

For a kid who grew up near Lincoln, NE as Gopher fan in the late 80s, the Gophers being consistently better than Nebraska at football remains a trip.
My mistake... I’d been thinking of their loss to Troy,...

Neither Frost nor Franklin will be fired this year. It's a weird covid year. It'd be like firing a new head coach in year two. No matter how bad he stinks, you have to give him time. Same type of thing here.

Harbaugh probably won't get fired either. But maybe he'll quit/leave.

Neither Frost nor Franklin will be fired this year. It's a weird covid year. It'd be like firing a new head coach in year two. No matter how bad he stinks, you have to give him time. Same type of thing here.

Harbaugh probably won't get fired either. But maybe he'll quit/leave.

You're probably right.

Nebraska's schedule is brutal next year if things stay normal.

Open with Illinois in Ireland
Play Buffalo the top MAC team
Play Oklahoma
Play Ohio State and Michigan

Play Oklahoma
In Ireland??????? The F???

Yeah, all those Irish Nebraskans and Illini alums ........

Play Oklahoma

The OU game looks yummy - would be fun to see Spencer Rattler (there's a great nickname is in there) torch them for a 4-5 TD game

Last edited:

Nebraska - OU is the epitome of delusional Nebraska fans who still live in the 90's.

They think this is a classic, foundational rivalry in college football.

Watching a bit of Frost's postgame presser and part of his presser yesterday about Iowa.
He talks about how his team didn't show energy.

Teams tend to take on the personality of their coach.
It appears in Nebraska, that has happened despite his wishes.

As has been said before, a coach who harps on energy and toughness really has no answer. I watched a fair amount of the Illinois game. Nebraska lost primarily because their DL got owned vs the run and their passing game is high school level.

As has been said before, a coach who harps on energy and toughness really has no answer. I watched a fair amount of the Illinois game. Nebraska lost primarily because their DL got owned vs the run and their passing game is high school level.

I think players can come out flat. I think that's a coaching / energy thing.
But if a coach is harping the team doesn't have energy... to me that's you failing as a coach. As a coach or leader, you are failing to understand their emotion on why they want to be there.

Sure, players can self-motivate, but your job as a leader is to paint the vision of what the results will be for which the team is aspiring. Frost is failing at that.

I also agree you can come out with great energy and get man-handled. Great energy with poor technique is still going to end up with you getting beat.

What is interesting about Nebraska is how much the media wants to jump on them whenever they appear like they might be good.

So they still have that mystique, and if it's not gone from the last 20 years will it ever? Or what's causing it?

My only assumption is people are very high on them because of their perennial strong recruiting classes.
But if the recruiting class rankings are accurate, it shows a lot more value on hos you develop players.
(Same for Michigan who also gets top recruits). The only team Michigan seems to over-achieve against is us.

Because they are the only sport in Nebraska. Literally all they have to cheer for.

Play Oklahoma

So it's come to this, where people are projecting Illinois and Buffalo as a brutal schedule for Nebraska. Hard to say you aren't right, since Illinois blew them out 3 days ago.

Play Oklahoma
They should just be thankful they don’t get Indiana and Maryland for crossovers.

They should just be thankful they don’t get Indiana and Maryland for crossovers.

Or Rutgers. When you are losing to Illinois by 3 TD at home, losing to anyone is in play.

The game I want to see us play is Nebraska. we need to kick them to end the season. Be careful what you say about Kansas St. Klieman has that program on the up escalator.

Nebraska - OU is the epitome of delusional Nebraska fans who still live in the 90's.

They think this is a classic, foundational rivalry in college football.

It is a classic rivalry. They played in the same conference for a very long time. That said, it doesn't mean the game will be close. I can't imaging them staying within 30 of OU, but stranger things have happened. I'll be happy to watch the game.

It is a classic rivalry. They played in the same conference for a very long time. That said, it doesn't mean the game will be close. I can't imaging them staying within 30 of OU, but stranger things have happened. I'll be happy to watch the game.
It's important to Nebraska fans, only. That was my point. They think everyone in the nation should look at it like the Iron Bowl, Mich-Ohio St, etc. Nothing of the sort.

Hasn't been played since 2010 anyway. In the 13 seasons from 1998-2010, it was only scheduled 6 times in the regular season. Plus two Big XII champ game matchups, including the last time they played in 2010.

If by some twist of fate NE wins that OU game it would increase the NE fans desire to move back to the Big 12.

I think players can come out flat. I think that's a coaching / energy thing.
But if a coach is harping the team doesn't have energy... to me that's you failing as a coach. As a coach or leader, you are failing to understand their emotion on why they want to be there.

Sure, players can self-motivate, but your job as a leader is to paint the vision of what the results will be for which the team is aspiring. Frost is failing at that.

I also agree you can come out with great energy and get man-handled. Great energy with poor technique is still going to end up with you getting beat.
Or your athletes are subpar compared to your opponent, but in Nebraska’s case if recruiting rankings have any accuracy they play several teams who possess inferior talent on paper and Nebraska loses to them. Can’t get a much more clear indication of ineffective Frost led coaching than that.

Nebraska tied with Iowa going into the fourth. 20-20.

Go Huskers.

Frost now 7-18 vs power five teams. Wow!!!

Or your athletes are subpar compared to your opponent, but in Nebraska’s case if recruiting rankings have any accuracy they play several teams who possess inferior talent on paper and Nebraska loses to them. Can’t get a much more clear indication of ineffective Frost led coaching than that.

Nebraska's rankings are year in, year out solid.
2021 - 18th
2020 - 20th
2019 - 17th
2018 - 23rd
2017 - 23rd
2016 - 26th
2015 - 30th
2014 - 35th
2013 - 22nd

Some of those guys are long term starters.
If there is a question about a coach being able to develop talent, Nebraska's staff might be something to look at.

Play Oklahoma

Boo friggen hoo!!!
Nebby’s a laughingstock.
Bwahahahaha!!!

Frost now 7-18 vs power five teams. Wow!!!
Didn’t see the Iowa-Nebraska game, just the score. 26-20, Iowa. Looks like the Huskers played the Hawkeyes a lot stronger than we did ...

Didn’t see the Iowa-Nebraska game, just the score. 26-20, Iowa. Looks like the Huskers played the Hawkeyes a lot stronger than we did ...

no question about that. Not as big a difference in how we played vs Illinois compared to how Nebraska played against Illinois though.

Interesting Comparisons between NEB-IOWA and MN-IOWA

Total yards were similar.

Iowa won turnover battle in both, 2-1.

Key differences
Iowa - 129 rushing yards vs Nebby
Iowa - 235 rushing yards vs MN

Passing - Nebby 21-25 for 196 vs Iowa
Passing - Minn 9-18 for 111 vs Iowa

We couldn't stop the run. We couldn't pass.

Interesting Comparisons between NEB-IOWA and MN-IOWA

Total yards were similar.

Iowa won turnover battle in both, 2-1.

Key differences
Iowa - 129 rushing yards vs Nebby
Iowa - 235 rushing yards vs MN

Passing - Nebby 21-25 for 196 vs Iowa
Passing - Minn 9-18 for 111 vs Iowa

We couldn't stop the run. We couldn't pass.
Gopher flat out didn’t show up for the Iowa game offensively. Then the defense couldn’t hold it together for four quarters and finally broke in the second half.

Top Bottom