Illinois

Brewster's wins:
Purdue
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana
Mich St
Syracuse

Brew lost to South Dakota. Yep so did Jerry Dill. Frost doesn’t have that on his record

Brew lost to South Dakota. Yep so did Jerry Dill. Frost doesn’t have that on his record

Well Nebby has not played South Dakota.... I'd put their loss to Akron in the same or worse category.

Nebraska could easily finish 1-6 at this point with games against Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota left. 3 losing seasons in a row from Frost won't sit well that fanbase. Probably not enough for them to can him but his seat will be burning hot heading into 2021 and they will have to show some major signs of improvement.

Nebraska could easily finish 1-6 at this point with games against Iowa, Purdue and Minnesota left. 3 losing seasons in a row from Frost won't sit well that fanbase. Probably not enough for them to can him but his seat will be burning hot heading into 2021 and they will have to show some major signs of improvement.
Now their QB situation appears to be messy. I don’t see many signs pointing towards major strides next year.

Illinois thanks Nebraska for pushing to play football in the fall after easy win over the Huskers

Classic that Nebraska got smoked on the field and then online by the Illini -

That tweet was deleted later, but you can see a copy of it below -

1606027306569.png

I think Nebraska is pretty much right at .500 in big ten play now since joining the conference and well under .500 since Pelini left.

Illinois thanks Nebraska for pushing to play football in the fall after easy win over the Huskers

Classic that Nebraska got smoked on the field and then online by the Illini -

That tweet was deleted later, but you can see a copy of it below -

View attachment 10597
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

they fired Frank Solich because he didn't win enough, even thought he won a National Championship and only one season with less than 9 wins.. They fired Bo Pellini who never won less than 9 games in a season. incredible how far they have fallen.

What is interesting about Nebraska is how much the media wants to jump on them whenever they appear like they might be good.

So they still have that mystique, and if it's not gone from the last 20 years will it ever? Or what's causing it?

My only assumption is people are very high on them because of their perennial strong recruiting classes.
But if the recruiting class rankings are accurate, it shows a lot more value on hos you develop players.
(Same for Michigan who also gets top recruits). The only team Michigan seems to over-achieve against is us.

What is interesting about Nebraska is how much the media wants to jump on them whenever they appear like they might be good.

So they still have that mystique, and if it's not gone from the last 20 years will it ever? Or what's causing it?

My only assumption is people are very high on them because of their perennial strong recruiting classes.
But if the recruiting class rankings are accurate, it shows a lot more value on hos you develop players.
(Same for Michigan who also gets top recruits). The only team Michigan seems to over-achieve against is us.
Big media only cares about ratings. For some dumb reason, they think some significant number of people "care about" Nebraska football such that it would get good ratings

Disagree on Michigan.
This year Michigan is bad....but Michigan has won

in the previous 5 years
If Wisconsin was in Ohio states division they too would have zero division titles

Fleck looked at his talent and embraced the BIG's decision to not play this year.
Frost, his AD and the Chancellor of NE were enraged that the BIG was not going to play.
Which was the more rational program?
Frost is in over his head.
I thought Frost as their Moses who was going to lead NE to the promised land that he would never be made redundant but this year's shit show has even the Kool Aid drinkers upset.

I think Nebraska is pretty much right at .500 in big ten play now since joining the conference and well under .500 since Pelini left.

Bo was Batshit Crazy, but man do I miss him. I loved his intensity and he would be fun to play for as long as you didn't FUp too much.

Liked that they were relevant under him.
He has a platform as a coach and no filter.
Faux Pelini - doesn't have the same pop as DC.

Didn't Frost lose to Troy?
Troy is respectable
Not nearly the same level as an FCS

but I do think frost has yet to show he is better than Brewster.

brewster went to infinitely more bowl games at Minnesota than frost has at Nebraska

Troy is respectable
Not nearly the same level as an FCS

but I do think frost has yet to show he is better than Brewster.

brewster went to infinitely more bowl games at Minnesota than frost has at Nebraska

Well, Frost gets way better recruits than Brewster. Brewster had that one class, but a few of those guys were idiots and can imagine the problems that followed with them.

Neb's original schedule was:

Sept. 5: Purdue Boilermakers
Sept. 12: Central Michigan Chippewas
Sept. 19: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
Sept. 26: Cincinnati Bearcats
Oct. 3: at Northwestern Wildcats
Oct 10: Illinois Fighting Illini
Oct 24: at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Oct 31: at Ohio State Buckeyes
Nov 7: Penn State Nittany Lions
Nov 14: at Iowa Hawkeyes
Nov 21: at Wisconsin Badgers
Nov 27: Minnesota Golden Gophers

Cincy is top 10 and Central Mich looks in the upper third of the MAC so far. Really wonder if they would've lost both those games. I honestly think SDSU would've been iffy too. 0-5 to start the season? 0-6??? 2-10 or 3-9 overall???? They'd have to fire him, right?

They won't fire him. I'd be surprised. Granted that's never stopped them before.

Maybe someday they'll realize regime change isn't the solution. And finding someone that's a good leader and giving them time is. And that's not me arguing Frost is. Seems like kind of a prick to me. But what do I know.

I tell
they fired Frank Solich because he didn't win enough, even thought he won a National Championship and only one season with less than 9 wins.. They fired Bo Pellini who never won less than 9 games in a season. incredible how far they have fallen.
I tell my Nebby friends that and they get pissed. It is very funny.

Well Nebby has not played South Dakota.... I'd put their loss to Akron in the same or worse category.

Nebraska never lost to Akron. They did cancel a game with them right before kickoff due to weather, as the ball was sitting on the tee. They have had a few FCS close calls such as needing a miracle to beat McNeese State a few years back.

There's plenty of bad Big Ten losses to pick on them for instead, last week's blowout against Illinois near the top of the list.

For a kid who grew up near Lincoln, NE as Gopher fan in the late 80s, the Gophers being consistently better than Nebraska at football remains a trip.

Frost will and should get more time. When he was hired he was one of 13 P5 hires.

4 have already been fired. Willie Taggert FSU (6-9), Chad Morris Ark (0-14), Joe Moorhead Mississippi St (7-9), and Matt Luke Ole Miss (6-18)

Remaining with current Conference Record
Jonathan Smith Oregon State (6-15)
Kevin Sumlin Arizona (6-14)
Scott Frost Nebraska (7-15)
Chip Kelly UCLA (8-13)
Jeremy Pruitt Tenn. (9-14)
Herm Edwards ASU (9-10)
Jimbo Fisher TA&M (14-8)
Mario Cristobol OR. (16-5)
Dan Mullen Florida (17-6)

2016 Class and first 3 seasons and then 2020
Tom Allen Ind. (9-18) 2020 (4-1)
Justin Wilcox Cal (10-17) 2020 (0-2)
Fleck (12-15) 2020 (2-3)
Brohm (12-15) 2020 (2-2)
Matt Rhule Baylor (13-14) to NFL
Tom Herman Tex (17-10) 2020 (4-2)

Matt Campbell at Iowa State was 13-14 in first 3 season and now 24-19 into his 5th.

Frost will and should get more time. When he was hired he was one of 13 P5 hires.

4 have already been fired. Willie Taggert FSU (6-9), Chad Morris Ark (0-14), Joe Moorhead Mississippi St (7-9), and Matt Luke Ole Miss (6-18)

Remaining with current Conference Record
Jonathan Smith Oregon State (6-15)
Kevin Sumlin Arizona (6-14)
Scott Frost Nebraska (7-15)
Chip Kelly UCLA (8-13)
Jeremy Pruitt Tenn. (9-14)
Herm Edwards ASU (9-10)
Jimbo Fisher TA&M (14-8)
Mario Cristobol OR. (16-5)
Dan Mullen Florida (17-6)

2016 Class and first 3 seasons and then 2020
Tom Allen Ind. (9-18) 2020 (4-1)
Justin Wilcox Cal (10-17) 2020 (0-2)
Fleck (12-15) 2020 (2-3)
Brohm (12-15) 2020 (2-2)
Matt Rhule Baylor (13-14) to NFL
Tom Herman Tex (17-10) 2020 (4-2)

Matt Campbell at Iowa State was 13-14 in first 3 season and now 24-19 into his 5th.

I hope he does, more time to watch him/them collapse into non-existence; they never should have left B12 - the waters are too deep in the B10.

Top Bottom