Schedule set for 2024 and 2025

Rhode Island and Nevada in 2024
Buffalo in 2025

2025 I love the lead in to the Wisconsin game: Purdue and Illinois. Blow em out, rest starters, be fresh for Skunks!

Rhode Island still exists?

Good to see ending with Wisc again.

2024 I love the crossovers: Michigan State, Maryland (who we apparently play every year) and Indiana (who we never get to play). Other than Rutgers being thrown in, it doesn't get much more favorable than that!

2024 I love the crossovers: Michigan State, Maryland (who we apparently play every year) and Indiana (who we never get to play). Other than Rutgers being thrown in, it doesn't get much more favorable than that!
That's an amazing schedule assuming none of those three take the next step. Dantonio should 100% be gone from MSU by then.

Wish we had a P5 non-conference opponent in 2025. BYU is decent but I don't consider them to be P5.

2020: None
2021: at Colorado
2022: Colorado
2023: at North Carolina
2024: North Carolina
2025: None
2026: Miss State
2027: at Miss State

That's an amazing schedule assuming none of those three take the next step. Dantonio should 100% be gone from MSU by then.

Kind of stinks to have back to back road big ten games to start the conference schedule but outside of that I really like the look of that 2024 schedule, especially the crossover games. Will be interesting to see where North Carolina is at that point. Mack Brown is 68 so no guarantees he is still coaching at that point.

2025 has potentially tougher crossover games but lays out really well. Fun to look at schedules and not go hunting for wins. Obviously things can change year to year a lot but hopefully we are building something sustainable for the future.

Wish we had a P5 non-conference opponent in 2025. BYU is decent but I don't consider them to be P5.

2020: None
2021: at Colorado
2022: Colorado
2023: at North Carolina
2024: North Carolina
2025: None
2026: Miss State
2027: at Miss State

I consider BYU to be P5. They have a massive stadium and fan base, great history and prestige, always play tough schedules with numerous P5 opponents, etc.

I consider BYU to be P5. They have a massive stadium and fan base, great history and prestige, always play tough schedules with numerous P5 opponents, etc.
I'd put BYU more on the level of an elite G5 team. I'd expect they'd generally compete at the top of the AAC or MWC in most seasons with their support.

You are entitled to your opinion but here is why I don't consider them to be P5. In the last 10 years they have played P5 teams: 4, 5, 5, 7*, 3, 5*, 6, 4, 5, 4
* - Denotes 1 of the games was a bowl game

When you are consistently playing less than half your schedule against G5 teams, then you are a G5 team.

Plus their records in the games against P5 teams:
Last 10 years: 18-30, .375 (this would equate to 3.4 wins in the Big Ten)
Last 5 years: 8-16, .333 (this would equate to 3 wins in the Big Ten)

Again, they are a decent program but they aren't P5 level. Not only do they not play a full P5 schedule but when they do they struggle.

You are entitled to your opinion but here is why I don't consider them to be P5. In the last 10 years they have played P5 teams: 4, 5, 5, 7*, 3, 5*, 6, 4, 5, 4

When you are consistently playing less than half your schedule against G5 teams, then you are a G5 team.

Again, they are a decent program but they aren't P5 level. Not only do they not play a full P5 schedule but when they do they struggle.
They went independent because they would rather kill their football team than allow the appearance that Utah passed them up.

They had no other option but to stay in the Mountain West, at the time, and that is where they'd still be, if they hadn't left.

PAC will never be on the table for them. Big XII perhaps, but so far it hasn't happened and I don't think it will.

They went independent because they would rather kill their football team than allow the appearance that Utah passed them up.

They had no other option but to stay in the Mountain West, at the time, and that is where they'd still be, if they hadn't left.

PAC will never be on the table for them. Big XII perhaps, but so far it hasn't happened and I don't think it will.

The Sunday rule is so big for non-football athletic events.

Am I the only one slightly off-put by no home non-con games in 2024? Especially with Rhode Island on the rhode? (couldn't help it)

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

In 2020- BYU plays Utah, Michigan State, Arizona State, Minnesota, Mizzou, and Stanford (not to mention G5 powers Boise State, Houston, San Diego State etc).

In 2021- BYU plays Arizona, Utah, Arizona State, Baylor, Washington State, Virginia, and USC (plus Boise State, USF, etc).

Those are some seriously impressive and ambitious schedules.

True, but Rutgers is a P5 team, so compared to them...;)

Top Bottom