Say something nice about Wisconsin thread(?)......................................

#1, their liquor stores are open on Sunday. No small thing when your fridge is empty with NFL games on tap. #2 Ellsworth cheese curds fresh at the creamery. Stop in around 11am on any day...you will NOT be disappointed.

#3...there is no #3.

Agree with number one, living in Duluth it is very reassuring to have a liquor store open on Sunday a mere 10 minutes from my house.

They used to have pretty good breweries in Lacrosse. Other than that : **** the Badgers!!!

I am really surprised. In all honesty I thought this thread would have absolutely no replies. How can anyone try say something nice and/or good about either Wisconsin or Iowa?

Forgot to mention that I used to raise hell in Milwaukee during business trips. Cute German girls there. That's about it for Wisconsin. Go Gophers!!! Final score: Minnesota 35- Becky 3!!!!

They don't sweat much for fat girls.
They have bars next door to churches
They like towns with the letters "wau" in them.

my cabin is just over the border in Wisconsin. I say we annex it. I would gladly pay taxes on it in MN than that clown Scott Walker

They are surprisingly upbeat for having tried and failed to win a national title for nearly 125 years.

Pete Dye golf all summer for a mere 300 bucks.

I love Wisconsin. We have a cabin there, because we could not afford one in Minnesota. Nice people, good beer (can't get New Glarus here!), fun bars, nice lakes, listening to Bob Uecker call Brewers games is one of the best things about being a baseball fan - just awesome. As mentioned before, you can buy beer on Sundays (and at any gas station or hardware store at any time).

But I hate their football teams.

Having lived in Texas for a short while, I can honestly say that wisconsin is a better place than Texas. No joke, whatsoever.

Plus, as a courtesy, they've put all their traffic signals horizontal for all the drunks who populate their roadways.

And... the state of wisconsin is putting up $213,120 just so that I can spend even less time in their state!! Now that's a plus! Then again, the dead deer on the side of road are so tempting... it might not matter anyway.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2013/10/15/70-mph-speed-limit-approved-by.html

They fought on the correct side during the Civil War... yeah I've run out of things to say.

I guess, gun to my head, I admit they have the second best RB in the B1G.... #1 is obviously David Cobb

They invented the game of football in 1990, and then they invented basketball in 2000

Also, the rest stops along I94 are always clean

Their fans, to my knowledge, don't get blackout drunk and then have sex in public at the Metrodome.

Hubby spent teen years in Wausau and Mother and Father in law live still live there, for part of the year.
Burnett County Dairy

Other than that, not a damn thing!

I feel bad for them that they have such a Cro-Mag Govenor (I have empathy for them outside of sports).

They are good at Taxidermy and fish fries.

That my Sister in-law is from Racine Wisconsin and moved here.

And she had the good sense to leave and get her undergraduate degree from the University of Minnesota, meet my brother and marry him.
They have some pretty awesome Kringles from a Danish bakery that you have to buy local in Racnie, not the crap they sell in the stores here. Durangos has good pizza in Racine.
Spotted Cow is pretty good beer. Nueska's bacon is from there and is pretty damn good bacon. Ellsworth Creamery has some pretty kick a$$ cheese curds and the girls that work at the store are actually hot, not like some of those packer fans you see on TV.
That is all I got.

Madeline Island. We used to have a home up there right on the water, and I spent every summer (and several Christmases) as a kid there growing up, and have just a head full of fantastic memories of that place. Unfortunately my parents ended up having to sell that house when I was in my mid teens (and I understand the Island has gotten quite touristy since the last time I was there some twenty odd years ago), but there is nothing that I could ever say negatively about that place. It's just beautiful up there, and there is my one nice thing to say about Wisconsin. :p

Ahh yes, and the fresh raspberry malts at Maggie's in Bayfield (and Bayfield also rocks btw), and Tremblay's Sweet Shoppe in Hayward with that fricken phenomenal homemade fudge. There. Three nice things, and now all done! :cool:

Cheese curds are absolutely disgusting and the dells are a feces infested cesspool that reeks of white trash. Whew, it was hard saying something nice.

I was going to make some sarcastic comment such as I have something great to say about the Badger state; oh! I thought the thread was about Colorado. Then you reminded me of Madeline Island, Seany. I spent my last summer there as a free man (just celebrated my 44th wedding anniversary last week) and your right; it is a very special place.

one word -

kalberwurst.

add. note
wisconsinites are some of the nicest people in the U.S.

Okay if you insist, the drive from Hudson to Milwaukee is quite scenic. We have had a good time every time we go to Milwaukee. The Milwaukee Arts Museum is an interesting, beautiful building containing quite collection for a city of that size. So does their Natural History Museum. Milwaukee County Stadium and now Miller Park are/were good places to see a ballgame. Places where a Twins fans (Cubs and Sox fans too) can feel like Badger fans felt in the Dome -

Like the Home Crowd !

You can also get a good hamburger over there but they lost all their Steak 'n Shake locations. That's ONE strike against the Sconies. The other? The drunken, miserable, loutish Badger Fans. That's a big, bloody, f-ing strike. :mad:

Top Bottom