Sanford Says Buffs' Retooled Coaching Staff Has Right Stuff

Job interviews work both ways.

the prospective employer is trying to determine whether the interviewee is a good fit for their company.

and the interviewee is trying to determine whether the company is a place they would feel comfortable working at.

If you take a job, and it doesn't turn out to be exactly what you wanted or expected, that is at least partially on you for not asking the right questions or reading the room during the interview.

So, if Sanford is - in any way - trying to say that Fleck did not let him coach the way Sanford wanted to coach, then that is a reflection on Sanford for taking a job that wasn't right for him.

If I was interviewing for a D1 OC job, you can bet your buttocks that I would be asking a ton of questions around the theme - "can I do what I want to do on offense?" If the HC gives you the impression that he might be a micro-manager, then that should impact your decision on whether to take the job.

as I used to say to co-workers who complained about having to work nights and weekends, "if you want to work banker's hours, get a job at a bank."

Job interviews work both ways.

the prospective employer is trying to determine whether the interviewee is a good fit for their company.

and the interviewee is trying to determine whether the company is a place they would feel comfortable working at.

If you take a job, and it doesn't turn out to be exactly what you wanted or expected, that is at least partially on you for not asking the right questions or reading the room during the interview.

So, if Sanford is - in any way - trying to say that Fleck did not let him coach the way Sanford wanted to coach, then that is a reflection on Sanford for taking a job that wasn't right for him.

If I was interviewing for a D1 OC job, you can bet your buttocks that I would be asking a ton of questions around the theme - "can I do what I want to do on offense?" If the HC gives you the impression that he might be a micro-manager, then that should impact your decision on whether to take the job.

as I used to say to co-workers who complained about having to work nights and weekends, "if you want to work banker's hours, get a job at a bank."
If sanford felt hamstrung by fleck it is for sure his fault for taking the job. I agree

I think Fleck trusts his guys to lead and coach. I dont think Fleck ever quite trusted Sanford, and for good reason. In the end, Fleck has a trust and comfort level with KC and his other offensive coaches. Sanford needed to go, wish him well, but I hope the Gophers D shuts him out in the fall.

It's hard for me to believe Fleck would hire someone he wasn't willing to trust, at least initially.

I would not be surprised if towards the end of last season (maybe after ILL game), that trust had diminished.

Top Bottom