San Diego Union Tribune: Will Minnesota try to hire away Brian Dutcher from Aztecs? (mentions GopherHole)

s-l400.jpg

What would that make St. Cloud then? Asking for a friend...

Who’s stint was better? Yours or Rico Tuckers?

Ha! I spent many a night watching Rico in HS. Kid scored 9 points in six seconds once, it was unreal.

He had potential, but was easily distracted off the court at the U.

Go Gophers!!

Ha! I spent many a night watching Rico in HS. Kid scored 9 points in six seconds once, it was unreal.

He had potential, but was easily distracted off the court at the U.

Go Gophers!!
Trust me. I remember. You had us lathered up for his vertical. Apparently others were as well.

I left San Diego for Minnesota willingly, and I’m a human.

Go Gophers!!
Me too! I lived in the San Diego area for a few years. I missed the change of seasons and tree lined streets.
Lol, I might be ready to check San Diego out again in about 8 months though.

Last spring they closed all the beaches from Coronado down south. It was one reason we spent the day walking the beach and cliff shore of Torre Pines.
Feel bad for you....terrible hardship. 😂

Not sure if you meant it this way ... but I think I've read or heard that SD is actually a pretty conservative area, at least relative to LA/SF.
FWIW - SD is the largest city in the country with a Republican mayor

We spend a month in San Diego every March. So if I have to do some scouting let me know. I have seen many Minnesota Gopher sweatshirts out here but nobody wearing one that looked like Dutcher.

Okay I’m weighing in on Dutcher. I posted this a long time ago and it hasn’t been verified since the opening became immanent. I heard it straight from the mouth of somewho talks to Brian multiple times a week that he would not come back to Minnesota. He and his family love the San Diego lifestyle and he loves his job.

My guess is the contract provision is not about him longing for the job but a provision for him to easily relocate home if he and his wife ever thought there was a serious family need to come back. This is my speculation.

It’s been over a year since I had this conversation but the communicator was pretty adamant. I trust the source. Of course things change but I don’t see Brian coming back. Pretty sure some inside the U don’t appreciate the family name as much as we do and that dark corner makes its presence felt.

I would take him in a heartbeat by the way.

Smith or bust!

(in comes U of Utah ....)

I like the mountains too!

Late to the coaching search posts, but it seems important to many that the next coach has Minnesota connections or an alumni.
Why? Is it because they're not looking for other jobs. The tenure of a HC should always be wins and losses.

Late to the coaching search posts, but it seems important to many that the next coach has Minnesota connections or an alumni.
Why? Is it because they're not looking for other jobs. The tenure of a HC should always be wins and losses.
These are 3 of the best W-L candidates period. It's the convergence of a coaching track record of success meeting a connection to Minnesota, a great time to be searching for a coach.

Top Bottom