Sad day for Gopher Fans - Paul Carter is transferring

Marcus Tweet March 19th-

Wonder who won't be back next season from the underclassmen for the Gophers. Are Paul Carter and Justin Cobbs possible departures???

I don't follow Cobbs on facebook, but I've looked at some of the stupid things he says on twitter... I'm thinking Marcus will be 2 of 2.

Queens

I don't follow Cobbs on facebook, but I've looked at some of the stupid things he says on twitter... I'm thinking Marcus will be 2 of 2.

The thing to remember about thee media talking heads is they say a million things.

Odds are on a few occassions they will be right.

I personally hope Justin stays. I like him and think he can contribute in the future.

Thank you PC! As others have stated; you will be missed, but you will not be forgotten.

What a classy move & personal sacrifice - God & Family above self. While I am personally heartbroken not to have him on our squad for his senior season, I respect his decision.

I wish Paul all the best, and may God bless him and his family.

Pauls father lives in chicago and that is where she is getting treatment and where Paul will look to play next year. Depaul, Illinois-Chicago, and Loyola are the three schools I heard most likely.

Pauls father lives in chicago and that is where she is getting treatment and where Paul will look to play next year. Depaul, Illinois-Chicago, and Loyola are the three schools I heard most likely.

If he does transfer to any of those school, I will get to see him. Might even get to Thank him personally!

Sad to hear but a very respectable move by Mr Carter. There were times where I saw a bit of Quincy Lewis in him, "instant offense."

My thoughts are with his family and I hope his sister wins her hard fought battle.

Thank You Mr Carter for your great attitude and spirit. We're going to miss you, Good Luck!!

At last years tip off I knew nothing about Paul Carter. After the tip off my wife christened PC her favorite player. Smile on his face and a hard worker. I have liked Paul from the beginning: Character, faith, hard work, team leader are just a few of the things that describe Paul. In a world of prima donna players think it is a gift for us to watch them play, it was very refreshing to see a young man who has had his priorities in place. Whether he had a good night or not, he always worked hard and kept his head up. I know that he taught some of the players a few lessons in life in how he carried himself. I am very disappointed to see him leave because he was a guy everyone rooted for. I wish Paul's sister the best and know that the prayers and actions of his brother will help her through this tough battle. Good Luck Paul! You are truly one of the good guys!

Not sure if it was brought up before but I think it's important to mention is that Paul will graduate from Minnesota this spring.

I'm shocked and saddened, but I understand. I had really looked forward to Paul being a tremendous player next year, he played such a big role this year. Paul good luck in your future, best wishes for your family, and may you forever stay maroon and gold at heart.

NCAA often grants immediate eligibility with extenuating circumstances like Carter has.

Wow I wasn't expecting this. I wish him well. He always had a smile on his face on the court.

The team and fans will definitely miss him. You can't help but love PC. I was looking forward to him being a leader on the team and filling in DJ's role on and off the court.

For completely selfish reasons, I am disappointed to see that PC won't be back. He was definitely a positive member of Gopher nation. He played hard, never complained, and helped us win some games. There are obviously things in life that are much bigger than basketball and I can't help but like Paul Carter even more for the decision he is making. It is no doubt his mere presence will help his family through this incredibly difficult time. Good luck PC, my thoughts and prayers are with you and more specifically your sister.

BTW: I don't care where you end your career, you are a Gopher in my book!

so sorry

Paul, you are a class act and a role model to my kids and we will all hold you and your sister in our thoughts and prayers! We wish you God's peace, healing and blessings....

My thoughts are also with the Carter family.

My best to Paul and his family

Just wanted to add my best wishes. Hate to lose such a fine young man

Why did he wait until now? His sister was sick last year too. I guess the basketball season was more important to him.

I've heard or read that his sister is responding well to treatment. A part of my wonders though...i hope and pray things are going well for her. For Paul to transfer..it must be pretty serious.

All the best to you, your sister, and your family, PC.

Keep being the person you are and you will always be a success.

We will miss you, and remember that you will also always be a Gopher.

Always seemed like a good guy who worked hard and had the respect of his teammates. Sorry he is leaving, and wish him the best.

Top Bottom