Saban Retiring. Was one heck of a run.

News just breaking that he is done.

lol. Three posts all at the same time

801c81972e0debf89f13e7ec451e58b7.gif

Alabama head coach Nick Saban is planning to retire according to reporting by Chris Low of ESPN.

Saban was hired by the University of Alabama in 2007 and has led the Crimson Tide program to six national championship wins and 11 Southeastern Conference championships.

He oversaw the program's first four Heisman Trophy winners in Mark Ingram, Derrick Henry, DeVonta Smith and Bryce Young.

He retires from coaching with a college record of 292-71-1 with 201 of those victories coming at the University of Alabama.

Saban was head coach at Toledo in 1990
HC at Michigan State from 1995-99
HC at LSU from 2000-04
HC of Miami Dolphins from 2005-06
HC at Alabama from 2007-2023

2x Bear Bryant Award winner
2x Walter Camp Coach of the Year winner, etc.

There was something in the way he looked after the Michigan loss I thought looked different. Not saying I knew he was retiring. Just saying there was a different look.

He's 72 and rich.

Although some would say coaching an elite team can't be beat.

Let the Fleck to Alabama rumors run wild!

Not sure who the hot board is:
Lanning, Dabo, DeBoer, Sark, lane Kiffin all with massive pay increasing incoming.

So who are we going to get to replace PJ now?
Obviously PJ isn't going to Alabama and likely wouldn't get the Michigan job either, but you never know about the dominoes that fall after.

Not sure who the hot board is:
Lanning, Dabo, DeBoer, Sark, lane Kiffin all with massive pay increasing incoming.
I could see Dabo taking it. Too traditional and stuffy for Lane. Maybe Sark.

Don’t blame him. New rules and world with NIL make this all consuming and I’m sure exhausting for coaches.
Ya, poor Nick. Such a disadvantage at a university that doesn't emphasize football. ;)

Top Bottom