Rutgers

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
This team is playing really well. Got a starter back from injury. Their D is impressive. Won 4 in a row.

This is gonna be a tough game!!!

This team is playing really well. Got a starter back from injury. Their D is impressive. Won 4 in a row.

This is gonna be a tough game!!!

It was not injury. It was suspension. I think he was caught up in the gambling scandal at Iowa State and transferred. He sued the NCAA and became eligible earlier this month. Prior to him suing, his first game was supposed to be tomorrow against Minnesota.

In the four games he's played, Rutgers is the 11th most efficient team in the country, according to some analytics.

So, yes, this will be a tough game.

Northwestern nearly beat Rutgers at their place without one of their top guards. I like our chances at home.

Tickets are $25 to $55 for this game. Try to pack the Barn.

Tickets are $25 to $55 for this game. Try to pack the Barn.

I will be at the Barn tomorrow for the first time in almost 4 yrs, hope they don’t disappoint

IMG_2490.jpeg

Can’t make the game tomorrow but will be in attendance for the first time this year against Ohio State on Thursday.

Rutgers will probably be the toughest of the remaining home games. Hopefully the guys come out and have a great game and get the Barn rocking.

It was not injury. It was suspension. I think he was caught up in the gambling scandal at Iowa State and transferred. He sued the NCAA and became eligible earlier this month. Prior to him suing, his first game was supposed to be tomorrow against Minnesota.

In the four games he's played, Rutgers is the 11th most efficient team in the country, according to some analytics.

So, yes, this will be a tough game.

You mean Williams who transferred from Temple?

Kind of?

He transferred from Temple to Iowa State, and then to Rutgers.

He arrived at Rutgers from Iowa State, as I said in the post.

But never played for Iowa St. Don’t really think of him as a Cyclone personally.

My biggest issue with this forum is that we are not acknowledging the team has turned a page. The way we play is different. We believe we can win every game and I believe that too. Iowa broke my heart. Purdue reffing broke my heart. But this team and the coaching isn’t something to look around. Tubby and Pitino had as talented teams or better. This team rallies and believes in itself. Immediate success would be nice but you’d all be fools to not know how much Ben Johnson or CBJ has invested. It’s crazy how ready we are to move on. This is a young coach who is developing players and the program and can coach in-game. Respect the progress. Breathe.

My biggest issue with this forum is that we are not acknowledging the team has turned a page. The way we play is different. We believe we can win every game and I believe that too. Iowa broke my heart. Purdue reffing broke my heart. But this team and the coaching isn’t something to look around. Tubby and Pitino had as talented teams or better. This team rallies and believes in itself. Immediate success would be nice but you’d all be fools to not know how much Ben Johnson or CBJ has invested. It’s crazy how ready we are to move on. This is a young coach who is developing players and the program and can coach in-game. Respect the progress. Breathe.

There are plenty of posters who have stayed optimistic throughout the past couple of seasons. Don't let the pessimistic goons get to you.

There are plenty of posters who have stayed optimistic throughout the past couple of seasons. Don't let the pessimistic goons get to you.
You’re right. I have always watched and loved gopher bball. This year does feel special. We can talk about a lot of close (sometimes dumb, e.g. Iowa) losses. But this team has fight. I like us for the tourney.

You’re right. I have always watched and loved gopher bball. This year does feel special. We can talk about a lot of close (sometimes dumb, e.g. Iowa) losses. But this team has fight. I like us for the tourney.

Gophers aren't making the tournament this year. Chance for the NIT if they play well. Next year should be a return to the tournament....and a chance to be a top four team in the conference.

Guys, who cares?

Yep. But I feel the guys will do well to make the NIT and make a run there. That was my hope last Fall. I think our best would get to bubble level. The lack of a big wins and very weak nc schedule holds us back. But would really like to see a strong finish and solid BIG tourney showing and one tourney W. We really need Payne on the floor for 28-30 minutes vs on the bench.

But never played for Iowa St. Don’t really think of him as a Cyclone personally.

Think how you want about him. He transferred to Rutgers from Iowa State, where he sat out his one year in Ames with an injury. All I said was that he was an ISU transfer, which he is. You jumped in about Temple, apparently unaware he went from Temple to ISU, or confused as to who I was talking about? So, I further clarified.

Only reason I mentioned the ISU time at all was to clarify he was returning from suspension, not injury. That suspension came as a result of his time at ISU. It was all fairly clear, I thought.

I guess the next time I post about him, I'll be sure to include his entire bio so you know exactly who I'm talking about. ;)

Last edited:

Gophers aren't making the tournament this year. Chance for the NIT if they play well. Next year should be a return to the tournament....and a chance to be a top four team in the conference.
I think this is wrong. It is at least not certain. I think
Royce White was a Gopher too.
Rhoyce White and looted pants from the mall of America
If you're betting the Gophers, How TF is that better?
i feel like you don’t know how gambling works. If I’m taking the gophers to win and the line moves against them my payout increases.

Top Bottom