Rumored that Matt Rhule to Lincoln

The SF Rock

Banned
Reaction score
The Panthers fired Rhule this morning. It is already rumored on Charlotte sports radio he is headed to the Huskers.

Lol. Only howeda could post that. Rhule is walking away with a reported $40M. Could be huge for the Huskers if true. Transfer portal, NIL and more at his disposal.

Lol. Only howeda could post that. Rhule is walking away with a reported $40M.
I know. But he knew he was out after the season, so the timing seems like it might be a mutual agreement. Seems like taking a year off would be in order otherwise.

Last edited:

Lol. Only howeda could post that. Rhule is walking away with a reported $40M. Could be huge for the Huskers if true. Transfer portal, NIL and more at his disposal.
Panthers were going nowhere under him anyway, and by firing him now it's more likely that someone like Nebraska picks him up and offsets most of his buyout.

I may be totally off base, but I thought they've made a huge emphasis on cleaning things up ever since Art Briles. Of course maybe they are just saying that, so who knows.
Drew had some NCAA violations on the basketball side too and he's still there.

Yes Frost was a home run at the time. Rhule has a larger body of work at the college level though, whereas it seems Frost may have caught lightning in a bottle at UCF.
Yes, but still only 7 years total. 0 wins over ranked teams at Baylor.

He’d be a home run hire for them. Ball control and defense which would be a way back in in the west

I think Rhule would be a very good hire for any college team. The only concern I’d have is how long he stays. He appears to be an excellent college coach.

I think Rhule would be a very good hire for any college team. The only concern I’d have is how long he stays. He appears to be an excellent college coach.
after guys fail once, sometimes that itch is scratched. but i do agree something to look out for

He’d be a home run hire for them. Ball control and defense which would be a way back in in the west
It would be a solid hire. But a home run? Not if Nebraska is still a "helmet school."

It would be a solid hire. But a home run? Not if Nebraska is still a "helmet school."
i can't come up with 5 guys that would be a bigger splash that are realistic candidates. Won in college. Prior NFL head coach. Not many guys with the resume he has. plus, most importantly, i think he can actually coach as well and isn't just a name (see: Frost, Scott). If you're going to throw guys like Meyer or Stoops on the list (neither of which is realistic imo) then sure I can see where you're coming from.

i can't come up with 5 guys that would be a bigger splash that are realistic candidates. Won in college. Prior NFL head coach. Not many guys with the resume he has. plus, most importantly, i think he can actually coach as well and isn't just a name (see: Frost, Scott). If you're going to throw guys like Meyer or Stoops on the list (neither of which is realistic imo) then sure I can see where you're coming from.
Yeah he's a home run in terms of realistic hires. If your idea of a home run is Saban, Kirby, Dabo etc. then he's not. He has turned around 2 different programs which makes me think he's more than just a flash in the pan. Time will tell.

Top Bottom