Royce White practicing again

Wait...I thought Royce left the team?!?! Was there another Youtube video that announced his return? I'm confused.

Is Tubby allowing an 18 year old to drag him around by his johnson?

And now we see Art receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award for Gopherhole Trolls! Congratulations Art....I bet your family would agree with us on this one!

Per Myron's Tweet
Tubby Smith says Royce White asked to watch Thursday's practice, which he did. But added that "Nothing's changed."

Oh, ok, my bad. Poor reading on my part.

I wasn't questioning your reference. I was only pointing out that the same article contained new information about the UMPD 'pulling back' the case from the City Attorny for 'further investigation.' That matter is now reaching beyond pathetic. It's almost as though they were starting to feel the heat about how long it was taking, so they 'passed' it to the city attorney and then quietly changed thier mind once everyone left them alone. The amount of U/City resources being exhausted on a petty dorm theft where the merchandise was returned is appalling.

Ok. I'll start with these:

Bo Ryan (see: Wade, Boo)
Todd Lickliter (see: Tucker, Anthony)
Matt Painter (see: Jackson, Lewis)
Bruce Weber (see: Head, Luther)

But, then those are just off the top of my head.

Were those players attention whores that quit the team via a Youtube video?

Notice how Mbawke is rather quiet and isn't embarrassing himself and the University any more than he might already have?

RW submitted his resignation and is constantly looking for attention. I guess it is win at all costs over there....

...RW submitted his resignation and is constantly looking for attention. I guess it is win at all costs over there....

Art, I respect your various opinions on everything negative, so I will take your quote to use it here... ""AV is constantly looking for attention. I guess it is complain at all costs at his keyboard.""

Go Gophers!

Notice how Mbawke is rather quiet and isn't embarrassing himself and the University any more than he might already have?

RW submitted his resignation and is constantly looking for attention. I guess it is win at all costs over there....

He's been suspended all season along with the other true power forward and was allowed to watch one practice. Yeah, sounds like it's win at all costs. You're on fire today on both boards Art.

GV

He's been suspended all season along with the other true power forward and was allowed to watch one practice. Yeah, sounds like it's win at all costs. You're on fire today on both boards Art.

+1

:clap::clap::clap:

Nope. Of course not one of those players has missed even close to the time that Royce HAS BEEN SUSPENDED for some, offenses much bigger than Royce's.

You seem to be forgetting that Royce White, to date, has never played a game for Minnesota. Yep, sure seems like win at all costs.

You're grasping at straws Art. Royce is receiving very appropriate punsishment. You want to kick a teenager for attention grabbing on youtube?? Wow, you'd have a lot of people to deal with then. I doubt Royce asked for 1/100th the attention he's received from the twin cities media. He wanted to tell part of his story. Get over it.

Actually, even though you're a troll I can't leave this alone. Boo Wade got two games for beating up his girlfriend, Luther Head 4 games for stealing $3,000 worth of stuff, Anthony Tucker drank himself almost to death, was academically ineligible then got another public intox and is being allowed back to Iowa and Lewis Jackson was arrested with drug paraphenalia.

None of those guys missed even remotely close to what royce white has and yet you want him kicked off for doing a youtube video. Wow.

You of all people cannot call anyone else an attention whore. Obviously they didn't do the same things as Royce, but does that mean that what they did shouldn't have warranted more severe punishment? Royce never said he was officially quitting the team no matter what. Win at all costs? He hasn't done anything to help the team win and he's still suspended indefinitely. Can you honestly say that if you were a fan of those teams that you wouldn't have said your same win at all costs line?

Art, respectfully, you've lost me on this particular argument. I don't see how the U/Tubby can be accused of being "win at all costs" in this situation (White/Mbakwe). In my opinion they've done the right thing. ... nothing more, nothing less. Truth be told, they've already suspended Royce for longer than I thought they would (I thought the earliest he would return would be after the Miami game), but I continue to support the decision to keep him sidelined.

Wait...I thought Royce left the team?!?! Was there another Youtube video that announced his return? I'm confused.

Drag him around by his johnson? It seems the other way around... I don't think anyone could confirm this, but it seems like it would have been Royce asking Tubby if he could sit-in for one practice. From what Myron and others have wrote it doesn't say either way if he will continue to attend practice.

Art, respectfully, you've lost me on this particular argument. I don't see how the U/Tubby can be accused of being "win at all costs" in this situation (White/Mbakwe). In my opinion they've done the right thing. ... nothing more, nothing less. Truth be told, they've already suspended Royce for longer than I thought they would (I thought the earliest he would return would be after the Miami game), but I continue to support the decision to keep him sidelined.

SS thank you again for being the voice of reason.

So, basically Art is against the football program for not winning and the basketball program for winning at all costs. He hates the Gophers and it's that simple.

Great news. I'm hoping for a good outcome and it's not possible without a second chance.

OK, my point is this. I will use a Seinfeld analogy per my moniker.

George Costanza hates his job so he goes into his boss' office and tells him off and quits. He goes home to brag to Jerry about it and they came to the conclusion that he might have made a big mistake. Jerry tells him to just show up for work Monday morning and pretend nothing happened - it was all a joke.

Is that what happened here? RW quits the team on a Youtube video and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and pretends it never happened?

OK.....whatever.....

OK, my point is this. I will use a Seinfeld analogy per my moniker.

George Costanza hates his job so he goes into his boss' office and tells him off and quits. He goes home to brag to Jerry about it and they came to the conclusion that he might have made a big mistake. Jerry tells him to just show up for work Monday morning and pretend nothing happened - it was all a joke.

Is that what happened here? RW quits the team on a Youtube video and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and pretends it never happened?

OK.....whatever.....

There's a flaw with your "analogy". Royce never went into Tubby's office and "told him off." In fact he did quite the opposite, he complimented Tubby on being a great coach/mentor/teacher to him and left an opening for the possibility that he would come back.

Because that is what educators do. Create an environment that allows an individual to succeed. I have a feeling he won't be playing for awhile if at all this year. Letting him figure out what is important.

Attempted Interpretation:

the SID = sports information director

versus

THE SID = guy still hanging on Clem

THE SID = The worst person to ever step foot on this planet. "A high-school dropout, SID HARTMAN received no formal writing training, and has always lacked the skill and originality one might expect for a writer with his experience."

haha, anyone who thinks that Tubby shouldn't have put up with Royce's "*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#" is stupid (especially art vandelay). Royce is by far the best player to step on the U of M campus in the past 15 years. Kris Humphries doesn't have anything on Royce. Tubby is putting up with all of this mess because he has a squad that's greatly lacking a PF and could use a man like Royce to step in there and play..... If you actually knew anything about MN basketball you would know how valuable Royce is to the team. Stop being such a baby and worrying about character issues. I suppose you wouldn't want Jon Wall either because he had character issues.....

THE SID = The worst person to ever step foot on this planet. "A high-school dropout, SID HARTMAN received no formal writing training, and has always lacked the skill and originality one might expect for a writer with his experience."

You're a genius.

haha, anyone who thinks that Tubby shouldn't have put up with Royce's "*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#" is stupid (especially art vandelay). Royce is by far the best player to step on the U of M campus in the past 15 years. Kris Humphries doesn't have anything on Royce. Tubby is putting up with all of this mess because he has a squad that's greatly lacking a PF and could use a man like Royce to step in there and play..... If you actually knew anything about MN basketball you would know how valuable Royce is to the team. Stop being such a baby and worrying about character issues. I suppose you wouldn't want Jon Wall either because he had character issues.....

John (?) Wall. No character issues. He got Straight A's in summer session and made Dean's List 1st semester at UK. Possible 1st team A-A, college POY, and #1 NBA draft choice in 2010.

I will stand with Art. Character is huge. So far Royce has done nothing to help the program and it remains to be seen if he will be the player that many of you say will be the program "Saviour". So far Royce is not the best in anything other than letting his coach, team mates and the UM down. Right now Royce's value is zero.

I wonder if he ever will make an apology.

He quit the team. Simple as that. It was reported on every major sports media outlet yet everyone acts like it never happened. WTF?

Clem Haskins orchestrated one of the biggest academic fraud scandals in NCAA history and he gets a standing ovation. WTF?

Is this a "Bizzaro World". We're so quick to cast stones at other programs but when it happens here, we develop amnesia.

As some of you know, I work with Royce White's uncle. Today at work he just got off the phone with Royce's grandmother stating that he practiced with the team this morning. Apparently at the high school game last night Tubby asked him to start practicing again.

Thanks for the scoop that Royce was at practice, but it appears to be another classic example of the game telephone, where the message gets more distorted each time it is passed on. The only thing that we know is that he was allowed to watch practice on Thursday. It's unclear if Royce asked Tubby or the other way around, but he is not practicing with the team.

However, the news of his grades, getting mentored by former players and the fact that he has been talking with Coach Smith are all good signs.

He quit the team. Simple as that. It was reported on every major sports media outlet yet everyone acts like it never happened. WTF?

Clem Haskins orchestrated one of the biggest academic fraud scandals in NCAA history and he gets a standing ovation. WTF?

Is this a "Bizzaro World". We're so quick to cast stones at other programs but when it happens here, we develop amnesia.

yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn..................................

John (?) Wall. No character issues. He got Straight A's in summer session and made Dean's List 1st semester at UK. Possible 1st team A-A, college POY, and #1 NBA draft choice in 2010.

He had legal issues this summer before getting on campus, similar to Royce. His point was, if we had recruited John Wall would we wanted him off campus before he ever played?? Royce and Wall were both in the top 10 ranked players from last years class, so they are similar in that sense also. Further, Royce seems to be taking care of his business in the classroom as it appears Wall has done at Kentucky.

Top Bottom