Royce White practicing again

Royce was practicing

is what the Star Tribune web site says.

...:)Minnesota freshman forward Royce White practiced with the Gophers for the first time in weeks Thursday morning, according to his grandfather, Frank White.

I saw him sitting the entire Hopkins/SPJ game with Tubby and an assistant coach. Royce was at the game when Tubby arrived and Royce followed Tubby to a bleacher and sat there the entire game. I felt so good about it as it could only mean good things.

I did contact the SID to confirm, and he wasn't at practice, so wasn't able to confirm either.

Attempted Interpretation:

the SID = sports information director

versus

THE SID = guy still hanging on Clem

I've said this once and I'll say it a million more times UMPD are only a half step above rent a cops

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about a sports writer that gets tips from a forum populated by crazy fans (some well-informed :)) as long as he does some verification of the tip. If you think about it, there are people on this forum (the people that attend events or as in this case, work with someone directly connected with a player) that sports writers like Myron would be stupid not to utilize.

What the hell are you talking about? All I said was that the paper is reporting he did practice and I didn't see anything that said that he was just there watching.

Also sounds like Laptop Gate is not with the City Attorney but STILL with U Police who are STILL investigating. Seriously, give me a break.

Iowa ?

So, any idea if Royce will make the Iowa trip and be on the bench along side Trevor?

Wait...I thought Royce left the team?!?! Was there another Youtube video that announced his return? I'm confused.

Is Tubby allowing an 18 year old to drag him around by his johnson?

Even Moonlight couldn't write a better soap opera than this. The so-called "hand-off" from the UMPD to the City Attorney's office is the neatest screen-play twist. ... :rolleyes:

Look in the mirror? Nice comeback. What does that even mean?

You tell me why Tubby is putting up with this crap? If RW wasn't a 5* recruit he would've been kicked to the curb by now.

Art you are so predictable, always a negative spin on everything...

Art you are so predictable, always a negative spin on everything...

blah, blah, blah...

I'm just curious. RW quit. Simple as that. Why is Tubby tolerating this circus?

Name one other B10 coach that would allow this saga to continue.

kk everyone stop feeding the troll, responding to him just eggs him on

Hey guys, Art V. is all right in his place, problem is he is never in his place.

Wait...I thought Royce left the team?!?! Was there another Youtube video that announced his return? I'm confused.

That is better than leading him around by his Vandelay!!

Ummm...

Look in the mirror? Nice comeback. What does that even mean?

You tell me why Tubby is putting up with this crap? If RW wasn't a 5* recruit he would've been kicked to the curb by now.

Absolutely right. So what's your point?

If anybody has a problem with talent being treated differently than those with no talent, I would consider living somewhere other than the US. It's the American way, and it's absolutely great.

I treat my best employees better than the dead weight, why wouldn't I?

I'm not condoning ANYTHING that RW did, far from it. I think the young man could have some serious issues and he needs to deal with it, Tubby needs to make sure he deals with it. But to suggest that somebody shouldn't be treated differently because they have superior talent is just plain naive.

Why does every article about Royce White turn into a tirade of negativity about him? Even when the article is good news?

Art, I think what he meant was... look in the mirror. You're a negative person. You obviously are not a Gopher fan either. You disagree with Tubby. What other coach would try to turn a kid's life around and make him realize his true potential. What is there to lose? Royce could come back, help us win, and help show him that he can be successful. True Gopher fans are supportive.

Agree, XMan

I like that Tubby has never given up on Royce. He will be a better person if he comes back to play for Tubby, and we will be a better team IF Royce comes back and keeps his nose clean.

I like Tubby a lot that he would step out and work with Royce on his issues. Tubby has the right balance of toughness, integrity and compassion. Let's hope Royce digs deep and changes to be the kind of young man the Tubster wants and hopes he can become. In many ways, it would be much easier for Tubby to walk away from Royce because of the risk involved. I just hope this works out well for everyone involved.

What the hell are you talking about? All I said was that the paper is reporting he did practice and I didn't see anything that said that he was just there watching.

I wasn't questioning your reference. I was only pointing out that the same article contained new information about the UMPD 'pulling back' the case from the City Attorny for 'further investigation.' That matter is now reaching beyond pathetic. It's almost as though they were starting to feel the heat about how long it was taking, so they 'passed' it to the city attorney and then quietly changed thier mind once everyone left them alone. The amount of U/City resources being exhausted on a petty dorm theft where the merchandise was returned is appalling.

Still not answering my questions...

I thought so.

Hey, angry little pin d!ck with the life sad enough to have 3,000+ troll posts on a message board................. can you go on your killing spree and get thrown in jail sooner rather than later? The quicker your access to website is cut off the better for everyone.

Thanks angry little guy,

Sonny

So, any idea if Royce will make the Iowa trip and be on the bench along side Trevor?

I remember Maturi saying that while Trevor was taking part in team activities that he was not traveling with the team. I that's the case I wouldn't think Royce would either. It sure would be great to see him on the bench though.

Wait...I thought Royce left the team?!?!

Once again when there is good news to report Art appears, from out of nowhere, to rain on the parade. I ask again, what is he doing here?

And he did not leave the team. He said that unless something big happened he would leave the team. Something did and he's back. Good for everyone involved hopefully .. well accept for Art, who decided, as usual, to troll the thread. The Mods defend this guy? C'mon man.

blah, blah, blah...

I'm just curious. RW quit. Simple as that. Why is Tubby tolerating this circus?

Name one other B10 coach that would allow this saga to continue.

Ok. I'll start with these:

Bo Ryan (see: Wade, Boo)
Todd Lickliter (see: Tucker, Anthony)
Matt Painter (see: Jackson, Lewis)
Bruce Weber (see: Head, Luther)

But, then those are just off the top of my head.

Top Bottom