Roster/Position Breakdown for Next Season

It seems strange that Duke is after Black, besides Curry I always thought Coach K wasn't very big on transfers, plus I feel like he would be a bench player there, but it is Duke. Does Kansas have a ton playing time available in the front court?

Who would start over him at Duke? They have a ton of talent for next season with the lone area of concern being center. He could be the one missing piece for them. Not sure why people think he wouldn't play much there.

It seems strange that Duke is after Black, besides Curry I always thought Coach K wasn't very big on transfers, plus I feel like he would be a bench player there, but it is Duke. Does Kansas have a ton playing time available in the front court?

They have a transfer from Miss State, Rodney Hood coming in next season. Both Duke and Kansas have playing time for Black. Duke lost Kelly, and Plumlee and Kansas lost Withey and Young.

If Duke can promise a lot of playing time, it will be near impossible to beat them for Black.

As far as Coach K not being big into transfers, Black is a special case because if his one-year status. Any coach in the country would want a quality player if they have a scholarship available this late in the recruiting cycle.

The Real Take

Guards-
D.Hollins JR ( Starter)
A. Hollins Sr ( Starter)
J.Coleman JR (starter)
M.Ahanmisi Sr (starter)
D.McNeil, Fr
W.Ellenson Soph
K. Shell

Forwards-
C.Buggs fresh
O.Osenieks Jr (starter

Center-
E.Eliason JR (starter)
M.Walker JR

The Real Take

Guards-
D.Hollins JR ( Starter)
A. Hollins Sr ( Starter)
J.Coleman JR (starter)
M.Ahanmisi Sr (starter)
D.McNeil, Fr
W.Ellenson Soph
K. Shell

Forwards-
C.Buggs fresh
O.Osenieks Jr (starter

Center-
E.Eliason JR (starter)
M.Walker JR
Cheater.

The Real Take

Guards-
D.Hollins JR ( Starter)
A. Hollins Sr ( Starter)
J.Coleman JR (starter)
M.Ahanmisi Sr (starter)
D.McNeil, Fr
W.Ellenson Soph
K. Shell

Forwards-
C.Buggs fresh
O.Osenieks Jr (starter

Center-
E.Eliason JR (starter)
M.Walker JR

Aside from too many starters, that team looks like a CBI runner-up.

It's clear the staff wants to add another PG and more speed to the roster as a whole. I'd love to see them land Mathieu at PG, but beating out Memphis will be tough given that he's from Tennessee. The PF situation is up in the air with Black and Buckles. I think the only chance for Buckles to end up at Minnesota would be if FIU gets a postseason ban due to low RPI and the NCAA allows the current players to transfer without penalty. Black wants to showcase himself in his final year of eligibility and playing time will almost assuredly be the determining factor for him. Tough to beat out Duke if the minutes look the same at both places.

The key to me is finding a PF that can rebound in the B1G and play immediately. If Pitino and staff can find that guy, the Gophers have the potential to contend for a spot in the dance.

Aside from too many starters, that team looks like a CBI runner-up.

We started last year 15-1. Most of those games we started a lineup that included:

Dre Hollins
A Hollins
J Coleman
R Williams
E Eliason

4 of those 5 return. All4 should be better players than last year. I fully acknowledge that Mbakwe is a big loss on the boards. However, we have a new coach has some excitement for the game and a system that may be a better fit for these players. Buggs may well step up and play as well as Williams overall. We are going to have some additional players, McNeil and others. This will be fun- who knows?

We started last year 15-1. Most of those games we started a lineup that included:

Dre Hollins
A Hollins
J Coleman
R Williams
E Eliason

4 of those 5 return. All4 should be better players than last year. I fully acknowledge that Mbakwe is a big loss on the boards. However, we have a new coach has some excitement for the game and a system that may be a better fit for these players. Buggs may well step up and play as well as Williams overall. We are going to have some additional players, McNeil and others. This will be fun- who knows?

If Mav and Oto start, as the post suggests, we will go to the CBI.

It's clear the staff wants to add another PG and more speed to the roster as a whole. I'd love to see them land Mathieu at PG, but beating out Memphis will be tough given that he's from Tennessee. The PF situation is up in the air with Black and Buckles. I think the only chance for Buckles to end up at Minnesota would be if FIU gets a postseason ban due to low RPI and the NCAA allows the current players to transfer without penalty. Black wants to showcase himself in his final year of eligibility and playing time will almost assuredly be the determining factor for him. Tough to beat out Duke if the minutes look the same at both places.

The key to me is finding a PF that can rebound in the B1G and play immediately. If Pitino and staff can find that guy, the Gophers have the potential to contend for a spot in the dance.

Has the NCAA allowed immediate transfers for other schools put on academic probation (UConn?).

Black would clearly get more minutes here than at Duke, though I'm sure Coach K will spin it thick.

Alex Oriakhi was able to play right away at Mizzou this year after UConn was given their ban

I wouldn't discount any player. Everything will be a fresh start for all of them. Player development has already started over. I hope completely over.

I wouldn't discount any player. Everything will be a fresh start for all of them. Player development has already started over. I hope completely over.

Exactly right DH! We hired a new coach to get some............well better and more enthusiastic coaching that gives the players confidence and the ability to devlop to their fullest. Let's see what these guys do under different teaching and inspiration.

Black would clearly get more minutes here than at Duke, though I'm sure Coach K will spin it thick.

Coach K doesn't go after many transfers, much less a transfer with one year to play. Without looking at the Duke roster I have to think he's got a hole to fill urgently & got plans to play Black from the get-go?

If we get Black & no one else I think we're a tourney team. A line-up of Dre/Austin/Joe/Black/Elliot w/ Oto/Mav/Wally/McNeil & Buggs is not much of a drop-off from this years squad, imo.

Coach K doesn't go after many transfers, much less a transfer with one year to play. Without looking at the Duke roster I have to think he's got a hole to fill urgently & got plans to play Black from the get-go?

If we get Black & no one else I think we're a tourney team. A line-up of Dre/Austin/Joe/Black/Elliot w/ Oto/Mav/Wally/McNeil & Buggs is not much of a drop-off from this years squad, imo.

I'd say we go McNeil / Dre / Austin / Buggs / Black

I think that line up makes it a lot easier to run.

Top Bottom