Roll Call - Who's Going to Milwaukee?!

I'm in.

Hotel booked about 12 miles away from Bradley Center. Agree with GL that we got a really tough draw, but the location helps trump that. Even with the draw, I like our 4-team tournament. If get past MTSU, Butler or Winthrop is doable.

I'll be in attendance. Where is the best place to get tickets for the stadium? Im basically just looking for anything in the lower level, because i don't want to take the chance of going in the upper deck and not being able to see anything. At the target center i sat up there once and it felt like i was a mile away.

Will be on with my Gopher score in am. If I do not get good seats there will be going and buying on the street. I had better luck with that on our final four run.
Did your Gopher Score score you good seats?

Just received the email from U of M indicating their allotment has been sold out.

Going if there's a student ticket package or free tickets for students from booster fund, which they did for the football bowl. $66 is a bit much given also need a hotel or something

If anyone knows they will have an extra ticket, I may be interested.

Just got tix for Thursday. Probably overpaid, but what the heck.
Will go again Saturday if they win.

Just got tix for Thursday. Probably overpaid, but what the heck.
Will go again Saturday if they win.

Not sure if I'm going to overpay now or wait to see if they drop a little. The worst part is always when you go to checkout and get whacked with a $70 service fee and $20 shipping fee (if it's not instant download).

Brother is an ISU grad. We were both raised Gopher fans. When we won the Illinois game and ISU was firmly on the bubble, we joked that if they ended up in the same location we would go. Both had a good laugh.

Tickets are bought and hotel is booked.

Trying to finagle this. Really want to go. Wife is in. Just need to pull the trigger on tickets and hope for the best.

Any recommendations on nearby hotels? Otherwise I might crash on a friends floor and put hotel $$$ towards Saturday tickets!

What time will the game be on Saturday if we win? I have to coach on Friday but I definitely want to make it on Saturday.

I'm 1022 on the Gopher Score ranking and didn't sniff a chance. My guess is allotment is low, PLUS they let no season ticket holders with higher scores also purchase tickets.

Here's a couple tips-

Do will call on the tickets if you can- cheaper that way.

We booked hotels in several of the cities about two weeks ago- fully refundable reservations. That way, we had hotel locked up. I know that our same hotel is nearly double now to what we paid (and we got a nicer room too) anybody booking hotel now is paying sucker prices

What time will the game be on Saturday if we win? I have to coach on Friday but I definitely want to make it on Saturday.

Game time for Saturday won't be announced until after all the Thursday games are done.

Anyone take the Train from Airport to Bradley Center in the past, from the map it looks like you have to walk some after leaving the train.

Not sure if I'm going to overpay now or wait to see if they drop a little. The worst part is always when you go to checkout and get whacked with a $70 service fee and $20 shipping fee (if it's not instant download).

I got hit with the 20.00 shipping fee on top of the service charge. Ended up at 100/ticket. Way too much; wait it out.

We are heading to Milwaukee on Saturday. Staying at the Aloft downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your Gopher Score score you good seats?

No. There was no priority given to season ticket holders. I was told they were not given many tickets and my score is in the 1000's. I received an email @ 12:40 that they were sold out and my selection time was 1:00.

Ya know it's the Radisson, so it's pretty good.

Have tickets and hoping to find a way to get to Thursday afternoon game. Otherwise, counting on Saturday! Exciting. Accommodations at Radisson Milwaukee West, unfortunately:( 10 miles west of Milwaukee in Wauwatosa? Go Gophs!

I've got tix and hotel for Thursday, so let's ride!

I used to live in Milwaukee so fire away with any questions.

To the poster wondering about the Amtrak from the airport to downtown, yes you will have to walk 6 blocks to the stadium.

Milwaukee is considerably smaller than Minneapolis, so basically any hotel downtown places you in walking distance from the stadium. High end choices include the Pfister, Hotel Metro, and Intercontinental. More in the mid range would be the Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton, etc.

For pregame, I recommend Old World 3rd Street. It's right by the Bradley Center and you have The Milwaukee Brat house, German Beer Hall, Buck Bradley's, Major Gooslbys, etc.

For nightlife, the 20-30 somethings hang out on Brady Street, North Avenue, and Water St. Higher end clubs and restaurants are on Milwaukee Avenue and Cathedral Square.

I've got tix and hotel for Thursday, so let's ride!

I used to live in Milwaukee so fire away with any questions.

To the poster wondering about the Amtrak from the airport to downtown, yes you will have to walk 6 blocks to the stadium.

Milwaukee is considerably smaller than Minneapolis, so basically any hotel downtown places you in walking distance from the stadium. High end choices include the Pfister, Hotel Metro, and Intercontinental. More in the mid range would be the Hyatt, Hilton, Hampton, etc.

For pregame, I recommend Old World 3rd Street. It's right by the Bradley Center and you have The Milwaukee Brat house, German Beer Hall, Buck Bradley's, Major Gooslbys, etc.

For nightlife, the 20-30 somethings hang out on Brady Street, North Avenue, and Water St. Higher end clubs and restaurants are on Milwaukee Avenue and Cathedral Square.

Milwaukee is considertably larger than Minneapolis, almost 200,000 more people.

Milwaukee is much more spread out than Minneapolis, one is about 60 sq mi the other 100 sq mi.

The metro area for Minneapolis/St Paul is double that of Milwaukee (as is the size of the metro area)

Hello from a cyclone fan! I don't know if this is an appropriate place to post, but I have four tickets in the upper deck for the thursday morning session that I'd like to sell to a gopher fan, or trade for the thursday night session. My seats aren't good, but they're cheap!

also have tickets available for Session 1.

2 tickets in section 211 (lower bowl) row M.

Asking $200 each.

Tickets in the same section a few rows back on StubHub are listed at $189 but come out to $464 with fees.

Can meet up Thursday morning in Milwaukee. Presumably too late to mail them.

also have tickets available for Session 1.

2 tickets in section 211 (lower bowl) row M.

Asking $200 each.

Tickets in the same section a few rows back on StubHub are listed at $189 but come out to $464 with fees.

Can meet up Thursday morning in Milwaukee. Presumably too late to mail them.

Is this Iowa State's Alloted Section? Curious where your fans were put for the evening. They will be all over I know, but curious schools allotment.

Milwaukee is considertably larger than Minneapolis, almost 200,000 more people.

Milwaukee is much more spread out than Minneapolis, one is about 60 sq mi the other 100 sq mi.

The metro area for Minneapolis/St Paul is double that of Milwaukee (as is the size of the metro area)

This actually took me a tad by surprise. I worked in Mil for many years. The city proper is fairly large in terms of population but the metro area is fairly small (comparatively), as you said. The result is that Mil FEELS (at least to me) like a small(ish) city...much less going on than the Twin Cities, Seattle, Portland, etc (and, certainly Chicago, where I live).

The best hotel by far in Mil is the Iron Horse (downside it's is probably a short cab ride from Bradley Ctr and it's not really by much nightlife). Decent hotel bar/restaurant though.

I've used hotwire or hotels tonight a lot in Milwaukee and you can find good prices on the DT hotels.

My experience is that Mil bars/restaurants are underwhelming. That said, I'd recommend (i) Milwaukee Ale House (good brew pub, similar to Town Hall in Minny), (ii) Points East pub (chicken wings), (iii) Bryants (if you like old time cocktail lounges).

Go Gophers

Anyone have any ideas on the parking situation? I plan on getting there pretty early on Thursday.

Any bars close by people are going to be at?

Top Bottom