Roll Call for the Spring Game

GopherLady

Reaction score
Who's in? It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to go - I have so many in my group that are only going to stop by, or ditch out all together...making it tempting for me to skip it if it's raining.

Who all is going? I have a bad feeling attendance could be worse than when it was at the Dome just from what I've heard from die-hards - I hope I'm wrong!

In.

Rain? People are going to let rain stop them from watching football?

When did we turn into Northwestern fans?

Why is that? Are they still determining if the band will be there? Or just deciding which members?

The band will be there for sure. I was merely stating I'm not yet sure whether I personally will be in it or not :)

Who's in? It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to go - I have so many in my group that are only going to stop by, or ditch out all together...making it tempting for me to skip it if it's raining.

Who all is going? I have a bad feeling attendance could be worse than when it was at the Dome just from what I've heard from die-hards - I hope I'm wrong!

Hmmm... watching football outdoors with the university community, eating brats drinking beer and talking sports? I wouldn't miss it for ANYTHING.

I will never understand why fans don't want to come out. If not for the football itself, why not come for the food, drink, and cameraderie??

One thing's for sure though.. I am VERY interested in all the 'better' things these people have to do on a late Saturday morning/early afternoon, especially after knowing the date and time of the spring game way in advance. :cool:

I was planning to go, but the rain could sway me, since I would be alone. I may still go for part of it for purposes of seeing a little football and mostly to check out the stadium.

Im there, rain or shine. There's a lot of interesting things to watch.

Recruiting Visit

Yep, I'll be there recruiting 2 future Gopher FB fans in the form of my son and daughter. It will be their first time in the stands/seats (we went as a family to the Dedication Ceremony last summer) and they're excited...as is GopherDad!

Should be a good time...rain or shine! If rain, a chance to use my Gold and Maroon rain gear too.

Go Gophers! Let's play football!

I'm in. Not sure if I'm bringing my little cousin or my drinking mates.

Thunderlips: Stub & Herbs or Sally's are the closest to the stadium, but they are opening the parking lots at 11 for tailgating ($10 bucks a car). Personally I think the tailgating might be the best option if you're gonna be there all day.

Rain? People are going to let rain stop them from watching football?

When did we turn into Northwestern fans?

It's true - just look at the lack of responses on this thread. Usually a Spring Game Roll call blows up!

I was planning to go, but the rain could sway me, since I would be alone. I may still go for part of it for purposes of seeing a little football and mostly to check out the stadium.

I'm with you - usually our tailgates have about 20 people - and it would literally be myself and my friend that is not even a Gopher fan (some people said they'd come at 1pm - many, not at all). Let's be honest, Gopher scrimmages aren't really that fun, it's the experience...and with no one sharing in that experience, doesn't sound like a blast.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I have tried VERY hard to get any of my friends to come - I even put up a top 10 list on my Facebook...no takers :(

I'll be there with my wife assuming the weather cooperates.

I have the baby. I had the hiking backpack all set up to test out our new tailgating lot. I can't be outside in the rain with the little one :(.

I guess I'm going to have to rely on y'all to provide me info on my Eskridge/Bennet bet with schnoodles.

Hey MBA guy

Are you gonna sit in your seats and dream about THE USC cheerleaders ??
Bet you won't give them crap- you'll be too in love!!
I have grandkid plans in Ioweganland over the weekend....SUCKS.
Farmboy

Oh no...a weather forecast 2 or 3 days away says it might be raining? There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. With all the hype that the two twin cities papers have been putting out about the game, I can't believe it won't be packed. [No sarcasm icon needed]. I'll be there with my two boys after t-ball, come rain or shine.

I'll be there. Will any concession stands be open? Anybody know where to lock up bicycles outside the stadium?

I'll be there. Will any concession stands be open? Anybody know where to lock up bicycles outside the stadium?

Outside most of the main gates I saw bike racks, the student one for sure.

Plan to be, if everything works out schedule-wise.

Scrimmage....

I should be there. Hope to run into my old roomate from Owatonna, Bill Grady.

Hey Bill, will you be there?

Go Gophers!!!

Top Bottom