Reusse on Fleck's stability at the U: "it would take 3 seasons in row of 5-7 or less to face the “heat” associated w/ getting fired."

If the

If there ever was moment in time I could change it would be having Texas tech miss that 50+ yard FG. win that bowl game. And probably never ever see Brewster. Mason would have at least been able to coach the first game in then TCF BANK stadium 🏟️ before leaving or retiring or getting fired.

Always liked Mason as a coach. Even with the handful of epic meltdowns. And he beat the teams he was suppose to beat. I at least could count on that.
Couldn’t agree more. I wish Mason had a chance to coach in the new stadium. And I would have loved to see what Adam Weber could have accomplished under a stable coaching situation and a consistent offensive system.

With the wide open transfer portal and NIL, I don't think you can make too many assumptions about who will or won't be back next year.

With the wide open transfer portal and NIL, I don't think you can make too many assumptions about who will or won't be back next year.
It's not wide open. There are criteria. Also if a school takes you as a transfer, they have to provide the scholarship until your graduate or eligibility is up.

If you transfer a second time, there are also academic requirements that have to be met.

This all might be easy to navigate, so it will be interesting to see how many kids continue to transfer each year.

Man, even getting to 5 or 6 wins next year is going to be a heavy lift. In addition to 2 cupcakes at home, we have Carolina, Iowa, @Michigan, USC, @UCLA, @Illinois (we can't beat Bert), Maryland, @Rutgers, Penn State and @Wisconsin. Not saying we're going to lose every one of those games, only that we might have a realistic chance in maybe 3 or 4 of them. The new Big Ten is gonna be a grind.
I think like others are saying, the team should be a year better from a development standpoint with the starters and backups. I really think Gophs are closer overall to UNC than folks might think...a couple plays different against them this year and that game would have gone down to the wire.

By today's AP and Coaches poll our schedule next year includes:
2 top 10 teams in MI and PSU
and a top 25 UNC team
and 3 other teams receiving votes. (IA, UCLA, USC)

Based on the 2023 pre-season poll, this year's schedule included.
2 top 5 teams MI and tOSU
3 top 25 teams in WI, IA, UNC
and 1 other receiving votes Illinois

Based on today's poll this year we have played or will play.
2 top 5 teams in MI and tOSU
1 top 25 in UNC
and 1 other receiving votes in Iowa
Good stuff, thanks. Puts the schedules much more in perspective when you look at it this way.

People think this schedule is hard? Lol

I mean I guess it’s not a big ten west schedule but it’s about as easy as we can expect for the next decade.

Top Bottom