Reusse: New Mexico St is official; no extra home game

That, and we already have an FCS school on the schedule for each of the next two seasons.

I love the chicken littles. Get over it. It sucks, it happened. Unless you want Brew back. He liked to schedule great match ups.

I agree with you. This whole issue has generated more dumb no-brain posts than just about anything else I've seen. Guess I'll jump in.

I'll throw out the theory that Minnesota knew months ago that the B1G4 is going to 14 teams and 9 conference games in 2014 and that we may have to cancel one of our four Non Conf games that year. It wasn't going to be UNC after we play them next season, so this was just positioning. Old Jer had to fall on his sword to avoiding letting the cat out of the bag on expansion. Plus this about UNC being targeted as a B1G4 member. We'll probably get our money and game back.

The other B1G4 schools may have to pay some of their NC BCS opponents to get out, too. They may run out of substitute opponents. Think about it. I know, my head is spinning...

I agree with you. This whole issue has generated more dumb no-brain posts than just about anything else I've seen. Guess I'll jump in.

I'll throw out the theory that Minnesota knew months ago that the B1G4 is going to 14 teams and 9 conference games in 2014 and that we may have to cancel one of our four Non Conf games that year. It wasn't going to be UNC after we play them next season, so this was just positioning. Old Jer had to fall on his sword to avoiding letting the cat out of the bag on expansion. Plus this about UNC being targeted as a B1G4 member. We'll probably get our money and game back.

The other B1G4 schools may have to pay some of their NC BCS opponents to get out, too. They may run out of substitute opponents. Think about it. I know, my head is spinning...

I saw this theory floated somewhere else on gopherhole. Not sure if you are going for humor but there is zero chance that UNC as a potential Big Ten target had anything to do with the decision to back out of the game. If they were to end up joining the conference with those games on the schedule the conference would have either made them conference games or would have facilitated both teams getting out of the matchup without us having to drop 800K to get it done.

I saw this theory floated somewhere else on gopherhole. Not sure if you are going for humor but there is zero chance that UNC as a potential Big Ten target had anything to do with the decision to back out of the game. If they were to end up joining the conference with those games on the schedule the conference would have either made them conference games or would have facilitated both teams getting out of the matchup without us having to drop 800K to get it done.

I would think that would be quite easy.

Top Bottom