Reusse: New Mexico St is official; no extra home game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Reusse: "@1500ESPN_Reusse: Sid was right. New Mexico State home-and-home is official. 800 grand ... and not an extra home game."

Go Gophers!!

its official that we are complete chicken sh!t. we paid $800k to play at new mexico st instead of unc. i had held out hope that kill and teague would replace this with a home game to make sense out of this rubbish.

epic fail.

Was holding out a small bit of hope this would not turn out to be true. Just one more thing in yet another disappointing week of Gopher football. Need a win on Saturday to build some positive momentum heading into the bowl game.

Looks like the U is getting to unload all their "dirty laundry" under cover of Expansion. :eek:

Is there any real doubt as to who Patrick's "Turkey of the Year" is going to be?

and do i give a rip about patrick's dumb little turkey thing he does? a morbidly obese, disgusting, angry, old man taking cheap shots at others in a once a year article. ohhhh.....sounds so compelling and makes "so" much sense for someone like him to be doing. who cares? :rolleyes:

its official that we are complete chicken sh!t. we paid $800k to play at new mexico st instead of unc. i had held out hope that kill and teague would replace this with a home game to make sense out of this rubbish.

epic fail.

Not only that, but they decide to replace UNC with a team that beat the Gophers at TCF just one year ago! How is an away game against that kind of opponent any sort of guarantee of revenue and success?

I hated the decision a month ago and I hate is just as much right now.

Kill is teetering on the edge for me. Lots of red flags.

I hated the decision a month ago and I hate is just as much right now.

Kill is teetering on the edge for me. Lots of red flags.

I'm as ticked at this decision as the next guy. However, Kill has doubled our win total from a year ago already, matched our conference performance from last year, and still has a chance to improve on both numbers. I'll disagree with Kill on this decision, but the very earliest I am going to start worrying about "red flags" on any coach would be when we have a season with no improvement.

But we were called mouth breathers for even questioning the move. UNC being the national powerhouse that they are...

I know. Gopherhole can be very totalitarian in its views. Funnily enough it can be mob rule and 100% negative as well as was seen in the last few years of Monson and the last few months of Brewster.

I tend to fluctuate around the middle.

That's why we need someone to do some contrasting. :cool:

Well... on the bright side, you can stay at Meson de Mesilla and eat at Chope's on your trip to Las Cruces. Not much else in the way of upside on this deal.

and do i give a rip about patrick's dumb little turkey thing he does? a morbidly obese, disgusting, angry, old man taking cheap shots at others in a once a year article. ohhhh.....sounds so compelling and makes "so" much sense for someone like him to be doing. who cares? :rolleyes:

And this from the guy that complains about other posters using too much hyperbole.

And this from the guy that complains about other posters using too much hyperbole.

those statements regarding pat reusse are FACTS. they can all be taken literally. it is not hyperbole. pat reusse is morbidly obese, disgusting, angry and a crusty old coot.

thanks for playing. :)

those statements regarding pat reusse are FACTS. they can all be taken literally. it is not hyperbole. pat reusse is morbidly obese, disgusting, angry and a crusty old coot.

thanks for playing. :)

Haven't that one for awhile. That was pretty good.

is this really better than playing NDSU in front of 50,000 full house? just curious as to your feelings since kill said he wont play NDSU again.

The Gophers have played Dakota schools five times in recent years. In those match ups, the Gophers have lost three times and the two wins were so frustrating and hollow that they actually damaged the program. NDSU, USD, and SDSU feature too many players the U of M overlooked and who treat a game against the Gophers as a bowl game and chance to settle scores. The Gophers would get bodies in the stadium and money in the bank account, but would sacrifice some of the home field advantage. If they win handily, it's dismissed as what they're supposed to do. If they barely win, the fan base is demoralized. If they lose, it's a true disaster. All in all, these potential pitfalls are not the reason you play FCS schools. Better to bring in the likes of New Hampshire and get an easy, low stress win than put up with the hassles, potential and actual, that Dakota schools bring.

is this really better than playing NDSU in front of 50,000 full house? just curious as to your feelings since kill said he wont play NDSU again.

This thread is not about NDSU. STFU.

The Gophers have played Dakota schools five times in recent years. In those match ups, the Gophers have lost three times and the two wins were so frustrating and hollow that they actually damaged the program. NDSU, USD, and SDSU feature too many players the U of M overlooked and who treat a game against the Gophers as a bowl game and chance to settle scores. The Gophers would get bodies in the stadium and money in the bank account, but would sacrifice some of the home field advantage. If they win handily, it's dismissed as what they're supposed to do. If they barely win, the fan base is demoralized. If they lose, it's a true disaster. All in all, these potential pitfalls are not the reason you play FCS schools. Better to bring in the likes of New Hampshire and get an easy, low stress win than put up with the hassles, potential and actual, that Dakota schools bring.

That, and we already have an FCS school on the schedule for each of the next two seasons.

I love the chicken littles. Get over it. It sucks, it happened. Unless you want Brew back. He liked to schedule great match ups.

Top Bottom