Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to start a rumor, make it more realistic. You should have said that Coach K met Reid at the Vu for brunch where he received the bad news.

I know people think its between Duke and Minnesota, but my source(hate saying that but don't know what else to call it) says its down to Minnesota and Stanford, and he also said that it seems like he is a "heavy Minnesota lean right now" with some member/members in the family preference being Stanford (he did not say what members). He said that the Travis family is not concerned with the decision of Looney. Also added that if there were odds on what school a recruit will pick , he would be comfortable putting a significant amount of money on Minnesota being the school Travis picks. Compared it to the odds of Amy Klobuchar winning re-election in 2012. "unless something crazy happens, he will be a gopher"

I will add that I trust this person's word a lot,he is very close to the Travis family, and everything he has told me to date has been accurate regarding Reid and his brother back when he was being recruited

Wow, my hopes are starting to skyrocket. This would be huge!

Why would he call Thorson to confirm? Would make more sense if Thorson was the one who called and Coach K called Reid to confirm. I want to believe you, but don't want to get my hopes up either. Hard to know when people actually have sources.
well he didn't call him to actually confirm if what Reid told him was true or not, he just wanted to get on the same page as him

Reid's progress as a baskeball player over the past year has been very impressive. His ranking has improved significantly over that time. I would be thrilled to read that he has chosen to play for Pitino at MN. This topic will be very interesting to follow over the next 10 days.

For some reason -the day that Mason committed I started to get the feeling that this program is going to start to turn in a great way. Today Morris. Now the optimism on Travis. I like where things are going!

I don't trust any of these sources without names put to text. This isn't Watergate. I realize this isn't journalism, so we are free to rumor monger all we want. But I don't believe these offhand posts one way or another.

Sorry if this was posted already:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Inside sources have told us that 6'9 C (Sunnyslope-Phoenix, AZ) Michael Humphrey will commit to Stanford this week.</p>— WC HOOPS REPORT (@wchoopsreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/wchoopsreport/statuses/394840236246564865">October 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's official...I know nothing and am happy as a clam. Ignorance is bliss!

God damn it, I think the world is setting us up for a massive let down. Everything seems to be too perfect at the moment.

Oh man, we have until 11/8 to run with this board. Things are going to escalate in a hurry.

In all seriousness, anyone care to speculate on why Reid is waiting to make his announcement? He has taken all of his official visits and most likely knows who he is going to pick...right? Are we all assuming he is waiting on Looney and Humphries?

Lets assume Minnesota is his number 1. Why not just commit? I hate to say it, but the fact that he is waiting makes me less inclined to think he will be Maroon and Gold. I hope I am wrong!

Oh man, we have until 11/8 to run with this board. Things are going to escalate in a hurry.

In all seriousness, anyone care to speculate on why Reid is waiting to make his announcement? He has taken all of his official visits and most likely knows who he is going to pick...right? Are we all assuming he is waiting on Looney and Humphries?

Lets assume Minnesota is his number 1. Why not just commit? I hate to say it, but the fact that he is waiting makes me less inclined to think he will be Maroon and Gold. I hope I am wrong!

Why would that make us less likely? To answer your question though, Reid seems like the opposite of an impulsive person. My guess is he just wants to take as much time as he can/needs to make the best decision he can.

To quote Philly (who could be my brother the way I agree with what he posts), "Ignorance is bliss"...and hope springs eternal. I believe we are destined to land Reid and I will fall on a rubber blade if it doesn't happen.

SIAP ... everybody in the press seems to refer to Travis as a "4 star" player, but the current ESPN rankings have him at 5* and #23 player overall (higher than Royce White was), and his end-of-summer performances justify it, if you ask me.

We can continue to call him a four-star player if he signs somewhere else, but if he signs here he's "five star" from now on. :cool:

SIAP ... everybody in the press seems to refer to Travis as a "4 star" player, but the current ESPN rankings have him at 5* and #23 player overall (higher than Royce White was), and his end-of-summer performances justify it, if you ask me.

We can continue to call him a four-star player if he signs somewhere else, but if he signs here he's "five star" from now on. :cool:

I can get behind that.

Sorry, I only trust sources that come from inside Richmond.

Classic...and I agree whole heartedly. If Richmond Insider hasn't confirmed that Reid is coming to the U then I would forget all the hoopla that others are dishing out. He's the only true insider that this message board has ever heard from.

thats becuase before just recently every single site had him as a 4 star but now only of recently only on ESPN he is barely a 5 star, and Royce was ranked #35 on ESPN but was #18 on rivals, so Royce is a little higher then Reid, ESPN has reid at 23 which is less then 18 and the other 3 sites have at either #40 or 45 which is less then #35 like Royce, but Reid has great intangibles while Royce had terrible intangibles and still does so Reid is a better recruit then Royce was overall

i remember the first time i laid eyes on reid i didn't know who he was but noticed he was 6-7 and ripped, at the time i was thinking "that kid looks like he could play D-II or maybe even D-1 ball!"

Maybe he has already decided that Minnesota is his choice, notified Pitino, indicated he would like to announce on ESPN, and Pitino thinks this would be a great way to get the program more national attention - especially positive recruiting exposure.

Maybe he has already decided that Minnesota is his choice, notified Pitino, indicated he would like to announce on ESPN, and Pitino thinks this would be a great way to get the program more national attention - especially positive recruiting exposure.

Holy shat balls. Now I am super extra duper giddy...

I've seen enough of Reid in person and on TV to know that he's a 5-star than any player in this class. That's my opinion, though. He would be a hero, though!

I'm feeling very optimistic about are chances of landing Reid right now. I'm going to try really hard to get some new hopefully positive encouraging news from some people who are close to Reid within the next few days.

Don't you remember this?
Amelia Blog: Travis may announce on Nov. 15 on ESPN

The elder Travis told Gonzalez that ESPN called last night to ask if Reid would wait until Nov. 15 – two days after the start of the fall signing period – to announce his college decision, which ESPN wants to broadcast nationally.

“He is giving that some thought,” Nate Travis said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/227697461.html

Now I know he's not waiting until the 15th anymore, but I still wonder if ESPN is playing a role in this.

Hometown always has a chance. His family are here and the people here love him. Even if he was an average college player, he would be loved in Minnesota.

We are the safest pick. It all depends on how adventurous he's feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom