Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody as nervous for the Looney decision as they are for Reid's? How big of a kick to the balls would it be to see Looney commit to Wisconsin and Reid to Duke?

I don't even want to think about that. Swift kick in the balls indeed.

I'm a fan of Josh Martin.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a> follow me and dm me bro</p>— Josh (HULK) Martin (@JoshMartin_206) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshMartin_206/statuses/395251872371462144">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a> follow me and dm me bro</p>— Josh (HULK) Martin (@JoshMartin_206) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshMartin_206/statuses/395251872371462144">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

Josh has been one of the hardest recruiters of potential gopher recruits (next to the coaching staff of course). I love seeing this type of stuff. He really is trying to get people on board. He's growing on me :D

Love that Josh is recruiting Reid even though they both play the same position.

He must feel he can play the 3 because Reid's staying all 4 years wherever he goes.

Or he just wants to play on a stacked team that has a greater chance of winning! (either way.. not a dig at you for thinking that).

I can definitely see us playing with a line up that includes both Martin and Reid. Pitino runs a 4 out 1 in offense so Reid could play down low with Martin on the outside. If Reid's game continues to evolve they could even put Martin down low and Reid on the perimeter.

I think it shows if anything Josh is a team guy, gotta love that. They'll push each other in practice, just like if we get Vaughn, him and Morris will push each other in practice

Or he just wants to play on a stacked team that has a greater chance of winning! (either way.. not a dig at you for thinking that).

Considering the guy's probably been playing basketball for quite some time now you have to think he has dreams of playing in the league....Reid would block that dream so it's kind of weird but i'm more than happy he's a team first guy. Every school needs guys like him. Good to see he's doing it.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Duke and Stanford both have their home opener's that day as well.

Reid Travis has followed up by following Josh Martin on twitter. (Sorry to make that sound confusing) You can definitely bet that their DM conversation took place then. Gee, wonder what they talked about? I hope it went well!

I wouldn't read too much into that. Duke and Stanford both have their home opener's that day as well.

Yep, I was about to mention this. It really isn't telling. I do think it seals up the fact that Reid and Gonzaga are no longer a thing.

Reid Travis has followed up by following Josh Martin on twitter. (Sorry to make that sound confusing) You can definitely bet that their DM conversation took place then. Gee, wonder what they talked about? I hope it went well!

This can only be good.

Must...not...let...hopes...get...high...

This can only be good.

Must...not...let...hopes...get...high...

My heart skips a beat evertime I type Gopherhole in the address bar of my Netscape Navigator program. Just waiting for the day i see.

Reid Commits to the U!!!!!

I'll let out an exasperated YAHOOOOO at work regardless of the repercussions.

My heart skips a beat evertime I type Gopherhole in the address bar of my Netscape Navigator program. Just waiting for the day i see.

It's the same scenario as when the question was asked in the Epic Thread what people would do if Shaka signed on to coach here. A couple of the answers involved public nudity - and they weren't kidding.

Do we know yet whether he plans on announcing his decision on ESPNU? That'd be a must watch for us fans! It kind of seems like something Reid wouldn't do though.

It's the same scenario as when the question was asked in the Epic Thread what people would do if Shaka signed on to coach here. A couple of the answers involved public nudity - and they weren't kidding.

Yeah it was some combination of Dr. Don and Gopher Lady, if memory serves.

Dear Reid,

Do the right thing*. Commit to the Gophers.

Sincerely,
BarnBoy

*There is no right thing. This would just make me incredibly happy.

i just heard from my sources at D that Reid will officially not be playing for Duke, Reid called up coach K on sunday and told him he won't be attending Duke, Coach K then called up Thorson to confirm the news and it was confirmed, i don't want to be more specific but i was ecstatic when i heard of this

i just heard from my sources that Reid will officially not be playing for Duke, Reid called up coach K on sunday and told him he won't be attending Duke, Coach K then called up Thorson to confirm the news and it was confirmed, i don't want to be more specific but i was ecstatic when i heard of this

Why would he call Thorson to confirm? Would make more sense if Thorson was the one who called and Coach K called Reid to confirm. I want to believe you, but don't want to get my hopes up either. Hard to know when people actually have sources.

i just heard from my sources at D that Reid will officially not be playing for Duke, Reid called up coach K on sunday and told him he won't be attending Duke, Coach K then called up Thorson to confirm the news and it was confirmed, i don't want to be more specific but i was ecstatic when i heard of this

Like I posted on the other thread: SHUT! UP! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom