Regis decommits. Anyone know why?

Again, who got riled up? He decommitted, someone commented that his actions reflected poorly on him, someone else said it was absolutely no big deal that person breaks his breaking his commitment and then I dared to state my view that a "man's word is his bond". 90% of what followed is other people going ape over my daring to reflect negatively on their poor life values. Of course Regis is a free man in a free country, and I am entitled to call him out on his poor values reflected in his decision. Now you can express your view if you want. Suit yourself.

Dude, I have zero interest in engaging with you on this or any other topic for that matter. I was just curious how a pointless thread got to 3 pages, when I saw your name it all made perfect sense as you can fill pages of threads on your own. No doubt this thread has pages and pages still to go as you reply to every single comment and get into multiple shouting matches with other posters. Now where did I leave that popcorn.....

I made a comment which reflected my opinion based on my values. Apparently that touched off your guilt over your lack of values in your life. Look how you and others have gotten all hyped over my single post reflecting a common view "that a man's word is his bond."

my lack of values? GTFO

Dude, I have zero interest in engaging with you on this or any other topic for that matter. I was just curious how a pointless thread got to 3 pages, when I saw your name it all made perfect sense as you can fill pages of threads on your own. No doubt this thread has pages and pages still to go as you reply to every single comment and get into multiple shouting matches with other posters. Now where did I leave that popcorn.....

So, why do you need to comment on my view on this matter and who is shouting other than you and others? Not me.

"Today I should wear blue. No, I have changed my mind, today I shall wear green."
That is "someone changing their mind". That is not what making a commitment is about. Making a commitment is a verbal contract to do something in exchange for something of importance.
Truly, you possess the most amazing blend of arrogance, moral superiority, and utter foolishness. It's fascinating.

And a commitment is most certainly not a "verbal contract" as you claim it is. A verbal contract is legally binding. Because a commitment is not legally binding, it is by definition not a verbal contract.

Try again.

Truly, you possess the most amazing blend of arrogance, moral superiority, and utter foolishness. It's fascinating.

And a commitment is most certainly not a "verbal contract" as you claim it is. A verbal contract is legally binding. Because a commitment is not legally binding, it is by definition not a verbal contract.

Try again.

Since when has the law been equal to ethics? The young man broke his word, his commitment. I am amazed that some of you need to justify that as OK. It is not. Does it happen? Yep, especially amongst the less ethical.

So, why do you need to comment on my view on this matter and who is shouting other than you and others? Not me.

Didn't comment on your views on this matter because I don't intend to sift through 20-30 different comments of yours to try and decipher what those views are.

We all know where this thread is headed. 10 pages from now you will still be tirelessly arguing with 7-8 different posters who all stopped caring a long time ago what the thread was actually about. It is how your threads always go.....

Didn't comment on your views on this matter because I don't intend to sift through 20-30 different comments of yours to try and decipher what those views are.

We all know where this thread is headed. 10 pages from now you will still be tirelessly arguing with 7-8 different posters who all stopped caring a long time ago what the thread was actually about. It is how your threads always go.....

You're not too good at this "decipher what those views are" thing, are you? Maybe one more time will allow you to understand. "A man is as good as his bond."

"Always go....."? Drama queen.

You're not too good at this "decipher what those views are" thing, are you? Maybe one more time will allow you to understand. "A man is as good as his bond."

"Always go....."? Drama queen.
What about changes in his world that could have a influence on his decision. Football coaches are prepared for changes before a NLI is even signed.

My take on Regis is a lot of schools came calling and he rethought what he had done and maybe wanted to explore to his native state offers. There is always the possibility of him still wanting the mentoring of Fleck and he still will become a Golden Gopher. I know there has been a lot of LOVE sent his way so he is very familiar of who we are and the relationships that he has built with our coaches, players and the class of his recruits. Just maybe we can sneak back into the picture. Love to have you BRO....

Last edited:

We've got 204 days until Early NSD. Anything can happen with movement of committed players.

Since when has the law been equal to ethics? The young man broke his word, his commitment. I am amazed that some of you need to justify that as OK. It is not. Does it happen? Yep, especially amongst the less ethical.
Didn't think you would stoop this low as to a comment like this regarding a 17 year old.

This back and forth on morals and ethics has been quite entertaining.

I'm very unclear though, on how the opinion that when someone backs out of a commitment (no matter how allowed said someone is to do it and how little a verbal commitment may mean in the first place), it reflects poorly on them is the equivalent to an old man yelling at a cloud?

That meme may be as old as the actual character yelling at said cloud.

Didn't think you would stoop this low as to a comment like this regarding a 17 year old.
Yep, that is the way I was raised and taught throughout my career. Every student was held to the same high standard of honesty and commitment. That is exactly why I like the Row the Boat mantra and expectations. You hold to your commitments or you get out.

I blocked Vertias at least a month ago.
I blocked Vertias within a few days of him registering. It continually amazes me when I visit a thread like this, where all I see is people arguing with comments that I can't see: "You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content." Think of all the lost time repeatedly arguing with someone that is just here to argue. I wish everyone that is taking endless time arguing with him would instead take just a brief moment to add him to their ignore list. Its not like all the endless arguing is going to activate some light of reasoning. It is just going to continue.

Last edited:

I blocked Vertias within a few days of him registering. It continually amazes me when I visit a thread like this, where all I see is people arguing with comments that I can't see: "You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content." Think of all the lost time repeatedly arguing with someone that is just here to argue. I wish everyone that is taking endless time arguing with him would instead take just a brief moment to add him to their ignore list. Its not like all the endless arguing is going to activate some light of reasoning. It is just going to continue.
Lol. I wish.

If it were that easy, then there would be no such things as trolls like Veritas.

They live to drag people down to their cesspool, and play in it. And some people just can't say no.

Again, who got riled up? He decommitted, someone commented that his actions reflected poorly on him, someone else said it was absolutely no big deal that person breaks his breaking his commitment and then I dared to state my view that a "man's word is his bond". 90% of what followed is other people going ape over my daring to reflect negatively on their poor life values. Of course Regis is a free man in a free country, and I am entitled to call him out on his poor values reflected in his decision. Now you can express your view if you want. Suit yourself.
I think forming an opinion on a kid's "life values" based on him changing his mind about which college football team to play for, over a year from now, reflects poorly on your life values.

Wishing Regis good luck and health thru his life's journey. God bless you

Top Bottom