Reggie Lynch In Jail ... UPDATE: Released without charges

What else do you want Pitino to do? Every time something like this comes up, Pitino immediately suspends them and has kicked several off of the team. The players know the consequences, yet this keeps happening. That's on the players for continuing to put themselves in these positions.

Recruit better citizens? Easier said than done. As others have said many of these guys didn't have previous issues.

I want Coach to create a culture where getting into issues is just not acceptable. Especially at a time when the university and athletic department in particular are under the microscope. College kids partying is a normal thing, but maybe these guys should dial it back for a year? Or better yet, perhaps their coach, who got another raise a year ago, should create the culture that makes them dial it back.

Fair or not, in big time college sports (and in life often times) crap flows up hill. I think it's time for a new coach.

I frickin give up. Can we go one freakin season without an arrest or something?

There's no Fulmer Cup of basketball is there?

If somehow you could buy him out and hire Jim Petersen to a relatively U friendly deal, that's the type of move you make with that albatross.

I'd love to see Jim Pete as either the coach of the wolves or the gophers. I have no idea what kind of a recruiter he would be, but his people skills are excellent and his basketball knowledge is very solid.

If there was EVER an athletic department in need of leadership, it's the University of Minnesota!!! And you know who would be a hell of an AD, Jerry Kill. I'll take Sean Frazier though. Problem is, whoever comes in will need time to build relationships, Kill already did that, could hit the ground running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seemed like Jerry's health went to hell whenever things got particularly stressful. Given that, not sure the AD job at our school is the right place for him.

Do any GH legal experts have a point of view on the seriousness of the crime when bail isn't granted? My non-legal mind thinks that's not a good thing, but I yearn to be educated.

It's pretty easy to identify basketball players and football players. Football players have their own parties while basketball players go to the frats and house parties.

Sounds like someone's been banging all the girls you wish you were banging.

Do any GH legal experts have a point of view on the seriousness of the crime when bail isn't granted? My non-legal mind thinks that's not a good thing, but I yearn to be educated.
I'm far from a legal expert, but guessing anyone who gets arrested on a Sunday afternoon isn't going to get a bail hearing until Monday at the earliest.

Has to be kicked off the team. What a ****ing idiot, this is going to start killing our recruiting.

Am I missing something? Do we know exactly what he is accused of? Why do you assume he is guilty?

I'm waiting for more information on this one.

Being arrested on Sunday means he will see a Judge probably today, tomorrow at the latest. He can be held for a certain window of time without charges (they call it probable cause, which in laymen's terms means the police think he probably committed a crime, in this case a sexually conduct crime). Could be he got it on with a 15 year old. Could be a he said she said deal. Could've happen Saturday night, could've happened 2 weeks ago. Don't know much now, but we'll get to see the criminal complaint shortly and that will tell us all we need to know. That he is in jail on pending charges, doesn't mean it's a super serious charge necessarily.

this thread is as stupid as the program.

No doubt we are a laughing stock, but those that are suggesting that Pitino hasn't made mention about behaving while out at night are ****ing clueless morons. You either have never managed an employee, raised a child, or had a friend to not understand that sometimes people just don't listen.... Especially drunk 20 somethings. Something else takes over.

Those suggesting that they see basketball players out more often than football players, is it possible you recognize basketball players a big easier? Is it possible that the 6ft+ guys stand out a bit more? Or the simple fact that there are only 12 faces to remember rather than what? 80+??

Joke of a program
Joke of a thread
Joke of a fanbase

just a goddamn joke.

Why am I a Gopher fan and why do we put ourselves through this?

Agreed 100% I always laugh at this everytime to Pitino can't handle his players. Unless he recruit guys with long rap sheets then I would understand there is a history there. But if they have no trouble with the law prior how is this on Pitino??? The people who say this is on Pitino please explain in detail how it is???

If people want to get on Pitino about winning I understand , even though this was going to be a fun year. But off the court stuff not on him at all.

See this all the time. What exactly is the phrase "like father like son" supposed to refer to?

I'm guessing that's a reference to Rick Pitino's bathroom stall exploits and the use of exotic dancers as recruiting coordinators.....

Jordy Tishmonga, please oh please come to the U!!!!!

We need you more than you need us.

Are we sure Lynch's body wasn't stolen at the Mall of America? Maybe it is on tape.

Certainly a problem that similar incidents appear to continue to happen. That said who knows what happpened and there's no need to rush to judgement. The kid could be a deviant, he could be being falsely accused, this could be one of the many 'gray area' incidents that appear to come up these days, or he could be a person that committed a terrible act in a terrible moment (meaning there's no way for a coach/team to assume that he would be a problem before it happened).

And I am just as shocked that you took the time to let us know how shocked you're
Shocking isn't the non-sarcastic word that I would really use. Signs keep pointing to the athletic department and head coach being unable to steer this cl*ster***** of a program away crashing on the rocks of pathetic disgust. At least, we have a "great recruiting class" coming in take our minds off of the fundamental problems in this program.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Can we just wait to see what comes out on this before we call for everybody's head??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like father, like son.

Are we really blaming this on Pitino? Does anyone think maybe, just maybe, that the problem is more systemic than just the coach? I'm pretty sure Dutcher didn't help Mychal Thompson sell tickets or take a turn on that Wisconsin co-ed with Mitch Lee. Now we do know that Musselman was guilty of recruiting violations and that Clem had his hands dirty with Gangelhoff and the academic scandal. I'm also sure that Tubby didn't want Royce to go on a shoplifting spree at the MOA or have his son drive intoxicated. This stuff has always happened at the U. Yeah, there have been 3 sexual incidents on the team since Pitino has been here. So what? The football team used to have three in one season when I was at the U and Lou Freaking Holtz was the coach for part of that!

Athlete's feel entitled, and the ones that have not been brought up properly behave poorly not because of their coach, but because of their upbringing.

Being arrested on Sunday means he will see a Judge probably today, tomorrow at the latest. He can be held for a certain window of time without charges (they call it probable cause, which in laymen's terms means the police think he probably committed a crime, in this case a sexually conduct crime). Could be he got it on with a 15 year old. Could be a he said she said deal. Could've happen Saturday night, could've happened 2 weeks ago. Don't know much now, but we'll get to see the criminal complaint shortly and that will tell us all we need to know. That he is in jail on pending charges, doesn't mean it's a super serious charge necessarily.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Why do you assume he is guilty?

I'm waiting for more information on this one.

We have quite a bit of history as a fan base 'waiting for more info' and much like games at the Kohl Center, the outcome is usually the same every time. Not good.

Top Bottom