Reggie Lynch In Jail ... UPDATE: Released without charges

Any Lawyers on the board? I would be interested to see how often defendants get charged after being released from their 36 hour PC hold.

Kaler chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Not necessarily. Maybe you know more than me about what happened and he actually did something stupid, but there are plenty of potential scenarios that wouldn't make him an idiot. It isn't a given that he did something to make himself look guilty.

I can think of a few. Whatever the case may be it will be a while before it is all sorted out. Even if he isn't charged he will still have to face a disciplinary hearing at the U as well as the possibility that the victim might file a Title IX lawsuit. We'll be hearing about this for the next year or so I'm sure.

As is Kaler's patent ineptitude. Please leave the U President Kaler.

Kaler chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Do we think he is referencing allegations outside of what the public knows? Said differently, is he making these comments based on the alleged rape, or do we think/know that he is speaking on greater knowledge of the subject?

Do we think he is referencing allegations outside of what the public knows? Said differently, is he making these comments based on the alleged rape, or do we think/know that he is speaking on greater knowledge of the subject?

I highly doubt he has insider knowledge. Profound stuff from our pres.

Kaler on Reggie Lynch investigation: "It is important that we allow it to conclude before drawing conclusions

WOW. thanks Kaler

Regardless of whether he is guilty or not, he's a complete idiot for even putting himself in position to be suspected.

He says...not knowing what position into which he may or may not have put himself. I stand by my decision to blame the woman until we know the facts in this matter.

Kaler on Reggie Lynch investigation: "It is important that we allow it to conclude before drawing conclusions

WOW. thanks Kaler

And not rushing to judgment is bad because? I don't think we want a repetition of the Duke Lacrosse and Virginia fraternity gang rape cases. There's a lot riding on the outcome of the pending investigation for the accused, the alleged victim and the university. A careful and impartial investigation should be encouraged and supported in fairness to all concerned.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15502323

I wish ESPN would get it right and not post a picture of Charles Buggs in the article labeling him as Reggie Lynch. You would think they could get that right as they mention that Lynch sat out the year due to transfer.

b2e0b6677dea84cd0e7e67e32dfd9070.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He says...not knowing what position into which he may or may not have put himself. I stand by my decision to blame the woman until we know the facts in this matter.
How about blame no one, we shouldn't even know about this yet.

Kaler chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
Just not troubling enough that Goetz should bear any responsibility for the chaotic state of the athletic department and step out of the AD search.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Makes me wish Buggs would file a slander/ defamation of character case.

You do know that the U's out of state tuition was cut by 1/3 back in 2008 and that it is one of the lowest in the B1G, with in state being one of the highest in the B1G. It needed to be readjusted to keep in state tuition lower.
But out-of-state students should be free, while in-state students should pay twice the national average.... [/derp]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If this last season was T.V. show, I would think it was so ridiculous and unbelievable I wouldn't watch it. Every time this team seems to be on the brink of taking a step in the right direction, someone adds another tabloid magazine to the dumpster fire. I just hope this last one isn't true, for the sake of all parties involved.

Not necessarily. Maybe you know more than me about what happened and he actually did something stupid, but there are plenty of potential scenarios that wouldn't make him an idiot. It isn't a given that he did something to make himself look guilty.

I was thinking the same thing; he could actually be a victim in the situation.
I've seen it happen before multiple times...
Dukes whole lacrosse team for example.

You do know that the U's out of state tuition was cut by 1/3 back in 2008 and that it is one of the lowest in the B1G, with in state being one of the highest in the B1G. It needed to be readjusted to keep in state tuition lower.

And it worked. Admission rates went down; student quality and test scores went up. UMN is no longer UW-Madisons weak b!tch. But thanks to the genius Kaler tuition will go up 12K for out-of-state students, likely reversing the positive metrics. UMN will again be UW-Madisons weak b!tch.

In this case, the investigating agency is the U of M police. According to Fox9:

Great, those guys make the Los Angeles police department look competent.

This will really hit China in the pocketbook. Good. Educating our biggest geopolitical rivals and subsidizing them with our tax dollars.

Straight from "The Donald!" Your biggest geopolitical rivals also occupy ~50% of all postgraduate degrees programs in the sciences. Want to throw them out?

And it worked. Admission rates went down; student quality and test scores went up. UMN is no longer UW-Madisons weak b!tch. But thanks to the genius Kaler tuition will go up 12K for out-of-state students, likely reversing the positive metrics. UMN will again be UW-Madisons weak b!tch.

Kaler was reacting to legislative complaining.

There was talk of a big cut to the U if they didn't get their out of state tuition in line with other B1G schools.

Also, for the best & brightest, they will still pay what they have always paid - in-state tuition. They scholarship a ridiculous amount of out of state students (that is if they are like must state schools).

This was a setup, hope Lynch holds up through it, Pitino is probably going to have to suspend him though, it will drag out through the year that I can guarantee.

My sympathy with the girl also, two young people should not be put thru this, both of their lives ruined for what?

This was a setup, hope Lynch holds up through it, Pitino is probably going to have to suspend him though, it will drag out through the year that I can guarantee.

Curious- what makes you say that?

There must be a time limit starting after he was arrested during which he must be charged or released without charges.

Top Bottom