Rashod Bateman is fast. Source: Rashod Bateman

A quick google came up with Tyreek Hill at 4.29 seconds.

Yikes.

And good for Rashod.

That time will help convince people that he's capable of being a number 1 wide receiver.

Players like TJ are game fast. They might not blow the combines with straight line speed. Game speed and elusiveness is what matters.

You don't want let your guard down on TJ or RB. Those explosive long TDs on occasion on defender miscues were fun to watch. The 2019 Season will be forever one of my favorites.

These two set a high bar for the Gophers WR Corps.

I'm actually a little surprised at that time. I knew he was fast, but I wouldn't have guessed he was that fast.

Same. Good to see. Hopefully will secure him a first round position.

Players like TJ are game fast. They might not blow the combines with straight line speed. Game speed and elusiveness is what matters.

You don't want let your guard down on TJ or RB. Those explosive long TDs on occasion on defender miscues were fun to watch. The 2019 Season will be forever one of my favorites.

yes, the few opportunities TJ had this year, he took advantage of. I can see him being like a Cris Carter, but a bit more fluid.

yes, the few opportunities TJ had this year, he took advantage of. I can see him being like a Cris Carter, but a bit more fluid.

My hunch is that he will have long NFL career if he plays his cards right. Incidentally, the longest tenured NFL wide receiver today is a Minnesotan.

I like TJ too but he took his steel hands to Tampa. He only catches uncatchable stuff for some reason. Never throw the ball to him throw it near him.

Bateman is 6’2” and often taller receivers don’t look as fast. Randy Moss just glided away from people.

Most of Bateman’s catches were in traffic and we never got to see how fast he really was.

Um wow. Have other players had their times posted?

That team was so close. You could see TJ and RB were truly pulling for each other to do well.

Bateman is 6’2” and often taller receivers don’t look as fast. Randy Moss just glided away from people.

Most of Bateman’s catches were in traffic and we never got to see how fast he really was.
Two pretty familiar names posted 40 times of 4.25: Randy Moss (Marshall) in 1998 and Michael Vick (Virginia Tech) in 2001. By most accounts, Moss will go down in history as the second best receiver ever to play the game — behind only Jerry Rice. He brought a rare combination of size, speed and great hands that few had ever seen before.
15 fastest 40 times in NFL history

I wouldn't say Randy glided away, more like left them standing still.

Definitely sounds like a guy you want to play in the slot. Amiright Sanford??? Idiot.

Good luck Rashod!!

Two pretty familiar names posted 40 times of 4.25: Randy Moss (Marshall) in 1998 and Michael Vick (Virginia Tech) in 2001. By most accounts, Moss will go down in history as the second best receiver ever to play the game — behind only Jerry Rice. He brought a rare combination of size, speed and great hands that few had ever seen before.
15 fastest 40 times in NFL history

I wouldn't say Randy glided away, more like left them standing still.
Both!

Definitely sounds like a guy you want to play in the slot. Amiright Sanford??? Idiot.

Good luck Rashod!!
He was good for us in the slot and it made it easier for us to get the ball to him. He actually increased his YPG output in 2020 from 2019.

He was good for us in the slot and it made it easier for us to get the ball to him. He actually increased his YPG output in 2020 from 2019.
YPG, because he got all the targets. What about YPC? What about the overall effectiveness of the offense? Obviously TJ was a huge loss.

YPG, because he got all the targets. What about YPC? What about the overall effectiveness of the offense? Obviously TJ was a huge loss.
And a big reason he got all the targets was because it was easier to get him the ball in the slot as opposed to outside.

And a big reason he got all the targets was because it was easier to get him the ball in the slot as opposed to outside.
I don’t buy that. It’s a valid argument, and you could be right.

I think Morgan would’ve forced him the ball no matter where he lined up.

I don’t buy that. It’s a valid argument, and you could be right.

I think Morgan would’ve forced him the ball no matter where he lined up.
Yes but the throws are higher percentage when lined up in the slot opposed to outside.

Top Bottom