Ra'Shede Hageman's performance so far

He looks pretty good in that commercial promoting the Gophers making a play at Camp Randall. His DNA is going into future Gophers, assuring they will never beat the Badgers again.

does anybody know Rashede's stats? as in tackles, TFLs, sacks and passes batted down? i believe he had a tackle for loss against UNLV and 5 total tackles and a batted down pass, and of course a blocked FG, and in the second game he had either 1 or 2 TFLs, i couldn't tell if it was a TFL or just a normal tackle and don't know if how many total tackles he had that game. it would be great if someone could find that for me, i tried to but it is hard to find tackle statistics since it is not an official stat

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...to_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/Hageman2013.pdf

that's from the school

Wtf???

I made a joke about Mason being on Aggievision and therefore I'm declaring my football mind to be superior to an NFL scout??
C'mon man it was indirect shot at Mason, and about your 20th comment on aggievision. Nothing like beating a dead horse

8 tackles, 3 TFLs in 2 games, on this pace if we play 13 games Shede will have 52 tackles and 19.5 TFLs, not that he will have that many TFLs but still fun to imagine, last year Arizona state's will sutton had 23.5 TFLs as a DT, not a DE but a DT, he actually had just as many TFLs, sacks, and even more tackles then clowney while playing a harder position, i personally believe he is the best player in college football

the guy is going late first round early second if i had to guess... he has all the tools and he has upside being he has only played DT for 3 years.. reminds me of how ziggy ansah blew up and then got drafted by detroit in the first round

Mason did not do that game, did he?

Correct. I meant UNLV. I had the wrong acronym.

And I didn't bring up Mason to start a fight about Glen. I think one earlier poster pointed out that it was about Hageman not staying in his lane after a play broke down and the result was a big play by UNLV. Valid criticism. My only question would be does Mason know what Claeys is trying to do with Hageman? From what I've observed of Claeys, he really wants his DTs to be all about explosion upfield and that will likely put some guys out of position. That said, there are some fundamentals about what a defensive player should do after the original play has broken down and Hageman's mind and body wandered.

I didn't subject myself to Aggievision, but from what I saw in the first game, Hageman looked good. Undeniable physical talent and if he's consistent with his technique, he's a first round pick next spring.

pac 12 stats.

The pac 12 as a whole really passes a ton. They have very good qb's. There are lots of players with bigtime sack and tfl stats as its a run and shoot league. Someone else at Arizona st. also had crazy numbers. Putting up great stats in the SEC means more to most people. For compairson's sake i believe dt floyd the vikings 1st round pick had around 35 tackles, 4 sacks, and 8 tfl's in the SEC. I don't have my Phil Steels' book handy.

8 tackles, 3 TFLs in 2 games, on this pace if we play 13 games Shede will have 52 tackles and 19.5 TFLs, not that he will have that many TFLs but still fun to imagine, last year Arizona state's will sutton had 23.5 TFLs as a DT, not a DE but a DT, he actually had just as many TFLs, sacks, and even more tackles then clowney while playing a harder position, i personally believe he is the best player in college football

Correct. I meant UNLV. I had the wrong acronym.

And I didn't bring up Mason to start a fight about Glen. I think one earlier poster pointed out that it was about Hageman not staying in his lane after a play broke down and the result was a big play by UNLV. Valid criticism. My only question would be does Mason know what Claeys is trying to do with Hageman? From what I've observed of Claeys, he really wants his DTs to be all about explosion upfield and that will likely put some guys out of position. That said, there are some fundamentals about what a defensive player should do after the original play has broken down and Hageman's mind and body wandered.

I didn't subject myself to Aggievision, but from what I saw in the first game, Hageman looked good. Undeniable physical talent and if he's consistent with his technique, he's a first round pick next spring.

Excellent point. Glen Mason may know much more about football than I do. He may know more about defense than I'll ever know. But it does NOT mean he knows what Hageman has been asked to do on any given play. Maybe someone else was supposed to cover the gap left by Hageman and they didn't do it. Maybe Claeys is just willing to take the risk that they won't get burned too many times. Without listening in on the play calls and having a play book in front of you, no one outside of Claeys knows exactly what happened.

Excellent point. Glen Mason may know much more about football than I do. He may know more about defense than I'll ever know. But it does NOT mean he knows what Hageman has been asked to do on any given play. Maybe someone else was supposed to cover the gap left by Hageman and they didn't do it. Maybe Claeys is just willing to take the risk that they won't get burned too many times. Without listening in on the play calls and having a play book in front of you, no one outside of Claeys knows exactly what happened.

All fair points but I think it is pretty safe to assume that someone like Mason (with his extensive background in coaching) could spot a defensive tackle out of position on a play. People are acting like he was calling Shede a bad player or something like that which he wasn't, he was talking about a specific play in which Shede was almost certainly not where he was supposed to be. The only reason anyone is getting bent out of shape about this at all is that it was Mason that said it and there are those here that assume anything Mason says is automatically not true and anti-gopher due to his hidden agenda to see Kill fail. Any other color commentator makes the exact same comment and people would have just ignored it.

" Any other color commentator makes the exact same comment and people would have just ignored it."

Just another example of the thin skinned GopherHolers.

All fair points but I think it is pretty safe to assume that someone like Mason (with his extensive background in coaching) could spot a defensive tackle out of position on a play. People are acting like he was calling Shede a bad player or something like that which he wasn't, he was talking about a specific play in which Shede was almost certainly not where he was supposed to be. The only reason anyone is getting bent out of shape about this at all is that it was Mason that said it and there are those here that assume anything Mason says is automatically not true and anti-gopher due to his hidden agenda to see Kill fail. Any other color commentator makes the exact same comment and people would have just ignored it.

That wasn't my intent with the comment. I have stated Mason's criticism is valid.

correct me if i'm wrong but i believe Rashede had 4 tackles for loss including the sack when his helmet came off, a blocked extra point and a batted down pass, that is pretty impressive

correct me if i'm wrong but i believe Rashede had 4 tackles for loss including the sack when his helmet came off, a blocked extra point and a batted down pass, that is pretty impressive
+1 Rashede definitely showed up today. He got the team fired up after blocking the extra point when WIU took the lead in the second half.

'Shede is a beast! They had him in on a punt block today where his job was just to bull rush the 3 dudes protecting the punter and he absolutely destroyed some fool.

I think he's played very well. His conditioning must not be that good, but then again it was very hot the first two games and he's a big boy. I think he's exceeded expectation so far and health permitting he's going to have a year like I've maybe never seen out of a Gophs DT.

+1 Rashede definitely showed up today. He got the team fired up after blocking the extra point when WIU took the lead in the second half.

It looked to us like he said something directly to our O-line after that extra point attempt.
We thought Botticelli played well too.

he has 7 TFLs so far this season, that is just as many TFLs as he had all last season!

Shede dominated every single play he wanted to today.

It was almost amusing to watch!

Rashede had 2 big time TFLs in this game blowing up Wiscy's O-line and getting to White and also on the fake punt, i think he answered a lot of questions he had coming into this game

"No player stands to rise or fall more this week than Minnesota defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman. Against Wisconsin (3:30 p.m., ESPN), Hageman will have his toughest test of the season. As they always do, Wisconsin features a powerful NFL-size offensive line."

"Wisconsin's game at Minnesota on Saturday is important to the Badgers' BCS hopes. An NFC personnel executive thinks it's important for Minnesota senior defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman, too."Look for Hageman to line up between left guard Ryan Groy and center Dan Voltz. How he does against the physical blockers will go a long way in determining his draft stock."

"Wisconsin's game at Minnesota on Saturday is important to the Badgers' BCS hopes. An NFC personnel executive thinks it's important for Minnesota senior defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman, too.

The executive told NFL Media reporter Albert Breer that Hageman can answer some major questions this week."

"[Hageman] is big, athletic -- he flashes top-10 talent," the executive said. "He's just inconsistent with his motor and his overall play style."

The biggest thing Hageman did yesterday was something that doesn't show up in a stat line. He intimidated the Wisconsin o-line. If you were watching from up close you could see it. Especially their center, who actually looked like he was afraid of #99 a couple times when he came up to the line and Hageman was standing right over the ball - starting him down - on that drive right before the end of the first half. That really helped set the tone that this Gopher team was not like all the other defenses Wisconsin had pushed around all year. We could be just as physical as they were. That was the biggest difference between this game and all the beatdowns from the past.

He intimidated the Wisconsin o-line. If you were watching from up close you could see it. Especially their center, who actually looked like he was afraid of #99 a couple times when he came up to the line and Hageman was standing right over the ball - starting him down - on that drive right before the end of the first half.

Did you have some type of fear monitor hooked up to the center; or were you on the field?

IALTO! :rolleyes:

I know we've always rotated our D-lineman but I wish Hageman would have played a little more yesterday. It was cold and I feel like just playing more would keep you in the flow of the game. Plus he's our best defensive player.

Maybe he did play more than normal but it didn't appear that way when I was paying attention.

One thing I haven't heard anything about is as the game ended yesterday, Wisconsin Coach Andersen talked with Hageman for an extended period of time. Haven't heard what was said by either party.

Hageman looks like a moderate risk/high reward guy in the draft. I'm guessing he'll be taken in the second half of the first round and where he falls will depend on the needs of the teams in that range.

For whatever reason, I didn't think Wisconsin's O-line played as well as advertised yesterday. Of course, we had loaded the box and if there are too many guys there for them to get their bodies on, that's not much they can do. Wisconsin's line is young though and one cannot argue with the results of their running game this season.

Honestly, can someone please explain to me why Shede was in for less than 50% of the defensive snaps yesterday? If his stamina is that lacking, then there is a problem.

I would guess he played closer to 1/3 of the snaps yesterday. Confusing.

Top Bottom