Purdue Game Predictions

Hmm, seeing how the Gophers bounced back after listless performance against Ohio,
Gophers -34 Purdue - 9
Gopher line dominates and defense scores a touchdown of its own when Nubin pick sixes! Big day for Potts and respectable game manager day for Morgan.

The Gophers put some awful film out there last week with a very clear weakness.
I don't trust Sanford to have a plan to fix it in a week.

Purdue 27
Gophers 13
I agree with you. But how is Purdue going to score 27? Have you watched their awful film?

I agree with you. But how is Purdue going to score 27? Have you watched their awful film?
I think the Gophers were very fortunate not to give up a defensive TD with the protection I saw last week. I think Purdue gets one on us.

Gophers win big. I don't think Purdue can stop the run and I don't think they can score on us.

Gophers 27
Purdue - 13

I think the Gophers were very fortunate not to give up a defensive TD with the protection I saw last week. I think Purdue gets one on us.
Okay. Where does Purdue get the other 20 points?

have you watched Purdue?

Gophers win big. I don't think Purdue can stop the run and I don't think they can score on us.

Gophers 27
Purdue - 13
Yeah I could see the gophers losing a lower scoring game. If either team is in the 20s, gophers roll

Okay. Where does Purdue get the other 20 points?

have you watched Purdue?

They got 30 against Oregon State, 49 against UConn, and put up almost 300 passing yards + outgained Notre Dame. They aren't that punchless.

They got 30 against Oregon State, 49 against UConn, and put up almost 300 passing yards + outgained Notre Dame. They aren't that punchless.
Not the same thing without their best RB and QB

And UConn?
I guess st Thomas could put up 30 on the gophers too since they had so much success against Butler

And UConn?
I guess st Thomas could put up 30 on the gophers too since they had so much success against Butler
St. Thomas transferred to a Division III conference. Butler would be on the top 1/3 of the MIAC.

Depends who's calling the plays on offense. If a certain poster's contacts are right and Simon calls the plays, expect the playbook to open up and Gophs win big.

Plummer and O'Connell have been splitting time at QB for the last three games. Although Plummer seems to be the better of the two, the difference doesn't appear to be huge although O'Connell has 4 interceptions and Plummer has none.

As far as running backs, if you take out the UCONN game where the opponent is simply godawful, Purdue has managed 88, 57, and 42 rushing yards in the other three games. Their top rusher has 33 carries, their second highest has 27, and their third highest has 18. Purdue is a primarily a passing team and none of their RBs are particularly scary.

I see that you are conveniently leaving out the whole 13 points against ND and only being able to manage 13 against Illinois as well.

We can play that game with the Gophers offense to. Gophers offense has put up 30+ against Ohio State, Miami OH, and Colorado so Purdue's defense is in for a long day :)

Gophers 27
Purdue - 13

They've given up the following amount of rushing yards in four games: 78 (OregonSU), 124 (UCONN), 120 (ND), and 175 (IL). Except for the last one, those rushing yardages given up are pretty modest and even the last one isn't that large (just slightly less than we got against Bowling Green). Heck, we gave up outrageous amounts of rushing yards in multiple games during the 2018 season.

I see that you are conveniently leaving out the whole 13 points against ND and only being able to manage 13 against Illinois as well.

I guess he did but you should not forget that we scored 10 points against BGSU. We'll have to see if that was just a funky fluke or a sign of a lingering malady. You'll recall that when we had major defensive problems starting the Big Ten season in 2018, they lingered for awhile (until the DC was fired actually). It's not impossible that the same thing could happen on offense.

Depends who's calling the plays on offense. If a certain poster's contacts are right and Simon calls the plays, expect the playbook to open up and Gophs win big.
I so hope this is the case. Maybe Fleck worked out a deal with Sanford, have Simon call the plays and he helps him find another job at end of year, then Simon becomes OC

Pregame I'll probably scramble up some cheesy eggs or make a few breakfast burritos, and wash them down with a few cups of freshly brewed coffee with some Kahlua or Irish cream added.
PMWinSTP 1 - Haters 0

1632946883059.png

They've given up the following amount of rushing yards in four games: 78 (OregonSU), 124 (UCONN), 120 (ND), and 175 (IL). Except for the last one, those rushing yardages given up are pretty modest and even the last one isn't that large (just slightly less than we got against Bowling Green). Heck, we gave up outrageous amounts of rushing yards in multiple games during the 2018 season.
124 was UCONN's highest total of the year.
120 was okay versus ND, but ND has decided not to run the ball this year. Notre Dame ran for 9 yards against Wisconsin.
175 was Illinois's highest total of the year.

I'm not saying that I think Purdue will be an absolute sieve, but teams who try to run on them seem to have some success. We can run the football, even on our awful games, we're running for 175+. We are the best running team they've played all year and it's not even close.

Our offense has issues and I didn't forget about the Bowling Green game, but we win that game by 2 TDs with just an OK game by Morgan and PJ. The only way that Bowling Green wins that game is if they play well, they have a few breaks, Morgan plays historically bad, and PJ makes a couple bone headed moves. That happened and they won a nail biter. I take nothing away from BG, it was our worse loss in years. But if Morgan plays just bad (not historically bad) and PJ doesn't overthink the playcalling, I just don't think they will be able to stop us from running the ball. Bad teams had their best days running the ball against Purdue.

But, I also thought they'd beat Bowling Green by 2 TDs.

Purdue has home field. Brohm really wants a win. I think Purdue takes this one which kills me to say...

Purdue 27
Gophers 10

Morgan gets pulled at half.

It is unbelievable that very winnable game become such a big deal. I have no idea what team will show up. I just hope that Rossi D will do enough to save the day. Hoping kicking game is serviceable as well. Our O is hopeless at this point. We will see more of the same.

Game prediction? Fleck and Brohm don't shake hands after the game. And I approve

For what it's worth Coach did not look very confident in the PJ Fleck show that just aired.

If that's a poker face (meaning that we're better than last Saturday) then I fold...

Hope that's the case...

Last edited:

Plummer and O'Connell have been splitting time at QB for the last three games. Although Plummer seems to be the better of the two, the difference doesn't appear to be huge although O'Connell has 4 interceptions and Plummer has none.

As far as running backs, if you take out the UCONN game where the opponent is simply godawful, Purdue has managed 88, 57, and 42 rushing yards in the other three games. Their top rusher has 33 carries, their second highest has 27, and their third highest has 18. Purdue is a primarily a passing team and none of their RBs are particularly scary.
And they’re missing their top wr too

Okay I’m wrong, Purdue is an offensive juggernaut.

Purdue has home field. Brohm really wants a win. I think Purdue takes this one which kills me to say...

Purdue 27
Gophers 10

Morgan gets pulled at half.
Brohm really wants to win? I suppose he didn’t last year? Purdue could win the game but that’s some awful analysis

Agreed. I'm hoping they got enough heat after BG that they find a way to "change their best". I just hope their best is good enough. That game really took a lot of steam out of me. I feel they should win by 10, but after BG they could lose by 21.

So, in that thought I'll go with neither. I'll go with the good guys 31-18.
Thanks for narrowing it down to "anything can happen". Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit popping pills.

And they’re missing their top wr too

Okay I’m wrong, Purdue is an offensive juggernaut.

If they're missing David Bell, that is huge. I'm sure they have some other capable ones but probably no one else like him.

Top Bottom