Projected 2 Deep

He might but he'd have to pass MBS on the depth chart. As of right now, I have no reason to think he has but that is entirely going off what we know now.
MBS is one guy -- if he does not transfer -- who has no guarantees for playing time next year.

If Hoskins has Big Ten receiver football skills - can run good routes and catch the ball -- his speed dictates that he gets playing time.

MBS is like that baseball reliever who has had a fair enough career but has blown one too many critical save opportunities. He appears to have lost the fans. Whether he has lost Fleck, I don't know but it may be telling that he had no receptions against Wisconsin while Brockington had 2 and Wright had 5.

He could have had a key catch on a 3rd and long crossing pattern, but it went through his hands and was lucky it didn't get picked off. That's the issue.

have we considered tabling these conversations until at least the spring game?

No offense, but I don't think they're comparable in terms of skill set. Knuth is good. Athan is special. In terms of ranking, Knuth out of HS is much closer to Kramer, than to Athan.
Here are the rankings for some accurate context

Athan 247 Ranking 90 Low 4 Star - 12 Offers notable P5’s Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa St., Purdue, Tennessee

Knuth 247 Ranking 88 High 3 Star - 7 Offers notable P5’s Minnesota, Kansas State, Iowa

Kramer 247 Ranking 86 Mid 3 Star - 1 offer Minnesota

And if fairness to all three of these of guys, they each committed early or the offers would have been more IMO

Top Bottom