Potential Lineups for this Season

I have a request Rockraven. I haven't been on this board for too long, but I enjoy reading opinions and information relative to Gopher basketball here, even when those opinions differ from mine.

What bothers me is when the comments are belittling and insulting. You're not the only one doing this, but it generally results in a back and forth filled with insults and arguments about "who's right." This is a disservice to all of the people who use this board, and I would respectfully ask if you could consider this in any future posts. We all would like to continue to enjoy the use of this board.

Thanks for your consideration.
Request denied!!!

I live in Southern California.
Pepperdine isn't any closer to the NBA than Howard.
And neither is 14th place in the BigTen.

I live in Southern California.
Pepperdine isn't any closer to the NBA than Howard.
And neither is 14th place in the BigTen.

6 of the 8 MEAC teams had a worse KenPom than the Gophers including Howard.
9 of the 10 WCC teams had a better KenPom than the Gophers including Pepperdine, plus that league has Gonzaga and St Marys who were in the top 12.

The WCC is a significantly better league and it's not close.

You have done a better job of research than I have, but I'm still guessing that Hawkins will start at PG because Mitchell is taller and more suited for SG. Hawkins looks quicker and is too experienced to come off the bench behind Christie and Carrington. I'm guessing of course, but I'll stick with those guesses.

You have done a better job of research than I have, but I'm still guessing that Hawkins will start at PG because Mitchell is taller and more suited for SG. Hawkins looks quicker and is too experienced to come off the bench behind Christie and Carrington. I'm guessing of course, but I'll stick with those guesses.
I hope the starter designation doesn’t mean much. We have the perfect schedule to work EVERYONE in to the games. With different combinations. Building chemistry all the way around.

Let your conscience be your guide..
My GH experience become exponentially better when I started blocking Rock. I suggest you do the same.

Mitchell/Hawkins will dominate (30 min/gm+) at the 1 and 2. Sprinkle in some Carrington and Christie. Garcia/Payne will dominate (30 min/gm+) at the 4 and 5. Sprinkle in some Ihnen (Fox if healthy) at the 4 and Garcia a few minutes at the 5. Wilson will see minutes at the 5 IF Payne has foul trouble AND Garcia can't handle the opposition. The 3 is the wild card. Could be any combo of Ihnen/Christie/JOJ/Carrington/Betts. Depends on matchups and who is hot, etc... If everyone stays healthy, I am pretty confident on my 1/2/4/5. Hard to say who will get the most run at the 3/SF spot. Anxious to see.

Last edited:

Top Bottom