Post Game Thread: Minnesota Gives Up 600 Yards and 49 Points to Purdue

Disagree. Our LB core next year with Lindenberg, Maverick, and Williams looks to be the best in years. Joyner, Eastern, Striggow all return on D line. Kaliakmanis’s experience this year will be invaluable. Two headed monster at RB with Taylor and Evans. I really believe this years team will be the worst we see in the next few years.
I don’t know what you see so far that says Athan will take that next step. We said the same thing about his growth coming into this year and he has been a massive disappointment

Disagree. Our LB core next year with Lindenberg, Maverick, and Williams looks to be the best in years. Joyner, Eastern, Striggow all return on D line. Kaliakmanis’s experience this year will be invaluable. Two headed monster at RB with Taylor and Evans. I really believe this years team will be the worst we see in the next few years.
that d-line has been getting destroyed lately and it gives me little excitement.

Linebacks will be a little better

secondary, minus Nubin...........kill me

Offensive line average at best.

WR's still below average and most of the time blanketed

Iowa, USC, Michigan, UCLA to start the season

I'm down big time.

I don’t know what you see so far that says Athan will take that next step. We said the same thing about his growth coming into this year and he has been a massive disappointment
HIs next step would be better receivers and better offensive line.......neither is happening.

Agree with everything outside of AK if he is the starter next year the ceiling is 6 wins.

Athen simply isn't the answer. I don't see much progress.

We are going into game 10 and AK8 was saying on the pre game radio show he needs to stop looking for ghosts and just play.
Dumbest thing ever to tell your team to start the season...PJ does it every year. No film...chasing ghosts.
So game 10 our QB is still seeing them. That is a negative mindset PJ planted in his head. I wonder if PJ believes in visualization, positive thinking and affirmations etc since he doesn't believe in momentum.
No, but his ego thinks so.

And this is where NIL scares the hell out of me. Programs just waiting to bounce on standouts coming from teams where they have had a rough season, some of the shine has come off the head coach and questions on the direction of the program are trickling (flooding?) in. If the players start to think PJ’s ability to lead them to success on the field, look out.

I'd expect several of those you named to be seeking opportunities elsewhere. Tis the way of D1 FB these days.

The only hope for a different coach is that sensitive PJ pouts and leaves for another job on his own because he is not appreciated at Minnesota after all he has accomplished.

Meanwhile Jerry Kill has his team at 8 and 3 and 6 and 1 in the new conference.

Cmon dog Jerry Kill ran his course and we needed to move on.

I don’t get this hyper-fetish for his/Claeys aw shucks, Charlie Brown, gee whiz, pumpkin patch baloney. He tried it here and the Kill/Leidner era was a dud. Let it go.

Well next year we looking at a 2 - 10 season. We will beat Rhode Island and Nevada but lose the rest. Then maybe the powers to be will wake up.

Assuming no one portals

1. This team is slow.
2. This team has no depth.
3. This offense cannot execute.
4. AK is a WELL below average Power 5 QB.
5. If there is underclass QB talent on the roster, they need to be given the opportunity to compete next season.

Made a 2 win team look like a national contender. I am tired of losses to terrible teams every year… opponents yukking it up on their sideline because it is so easy.

Feel free to take it from here.

thoughts -

somehow, Gophers need to find more speed. need speed at all positions, but especially RB, WR, LB and DB.

bigger picture: Fleck's philosophy works when he can run the ball, control clock and field position, and play solid defense. when you take away one of those elements, the philosophy doesn't work.
we saw that during the Robb Smith era, and are now seeing it again with Rossi's defense having major issues.

Assuming that Rossi has not forgotten how to coach, it comes down to personnel. Need players who are better physically and also mentally. I would go heavy in the portal for next year on defense looking for smart guys who can run really fast.

PJ is so chicken shit. He wouldn't play another QB in a blowout for fear the 2nd teamer actually looked good and he'd have to defend his position.
Never gonna need a backup anyway...until we do.

Purdue toyed with us! Purdue! 2 and 7 Purdue!
Sad part is, it’d likely be Kramer coming in, and I can do without that. Next spring it needs to be an open QB competition.

Sad part is, it’d likely be Kramer coming in, and I can do without that. Next spring it needs to be an open QB competition.
It is not happening...I get that....but we need a competent transfer QB like many other teams fix their situations.
I just don't see AK8 as the answer....at least not with the same guys coaching him.

that d-line has been getting destroyed lately and it gives me little excitement.

Linebacks will be a little better

secondary, minus Nubin...........kill me

Offensive line average at best.

WR's still below average and most of the time blanketed

Iowa, USC, Michigan, UCLA to start the season

I'm down big time.
I was depressed reading your list and you didn't even mention anything about our QB

The schedule looks soooo overwhelming:oops::cautious::banghead:

Demoralizing in every way. AK8 somehow forgets how to throw a pass over halftime. Astonishing how that happens every game. Think that could be because PJ has now gotten into his head when he obviously doesn’t trust him in second halves by always going into turtle mode?

I like PJ. I think he can be successful here. But he needs to pull his head out of his ass and find a legit OC and stay the hell out of the way.

You cannot bring AK8 back next year as the starter. As a backup, fine. But not as the starter. Of course, it won’t matter who they put back there if PJ insists on running his offense like it’s 1965.

With this staff coaching it doesn’t matter.

Top Bottom