[POST GAME THREAD] Iowa defeats Minnesota 35 - 7

For me, the worst is Ferentz thumbing his nose at the Gophers by calling the 3 time-outs. That is one coach telling the other "bleep you." No other way to interpret it. That is up there with Bielema going for 2 because "the card told me to do it."

I may be wrong, but I suspect that some of the other B1G coaches are not members of the PJ Fleck fan club.

Gotta believe it had to do with us still having all of our starters in down 35-0 and they had their reserves in. Which i think most of us were questioning too. To me the bleep i here is more warranted than Bielema going for 2

I know when they announced no BIG Ten football, didn’t we say pretty much the whole team was on board with not playing? Probably the team knew they would be bad then already.

Gotta believe it had to do with us still having all of our starters in down 35-0 and they had their reserves in. Which i think most of us were questioning too. To me the bleep i here is more warranted than Bielema going for 2
He's done it before at the end of Gophs games so it's just him being an A**hole. I'm sure the Iowa fans ate it up.

For me, the worst is Ferentz thumbing his nose at the Gophers by calling the 3 time-outs. That is one coach telling the other "bleep you." No other way to interpret it. That is up there with Bielema going for 2 because "the card told me to do it."

I may be wrong, but I suspect that some of the other B1G coaches are not members of the PJ Fleck fan club.

Brian Ferentz has been crying and badmouthing Fleck since PJ started taking recruits from them. There is definitely no love lost. Kirk is a dick though.
Would call this a wacker-like or brewster-like season but would be an insult to wacker. Maybe even an insult to brewster?

I found it a little surprising back at the time how accepting fleck was when it looked like there was going to be no big ten football. Makes sense now.

At this point looks like our best chance for a win will be in the crossover game if we get a favorable matchup.

Still just stunning how a team picked to challenge for the division can be this bad. Glad we didnt play a team from the dakotas this year, tired of losing to those teams as well. Bison would have done bad things to us.

Get a freaking grip

lets give Zach some snaps and how about a throw to a TE?????

You say Kirk is a dick —but boy does he sure know how to coach and win

I liked Ferentz fing with PJ as he wanted to score a meaningless touchdown. Reminded me of storming the field in 2010 and Ferentz called a timeout with seconds left and all the students had to get off the field.

Brian Ferentz has been crying and badmouthing Fleck since PJ started taking recruits from them. There is definitely no love lost. Kirk is a dick though.

Get a freaking grip

Message board policeman hard at work I see. Nothing in my post was incorrect. I fully expect pj to right the ship in time, was just commenting on this season.

I liked Ferentz fing with PJ as he wanted to score a meaningless touchdown. Reminded me of storming the field in 2010 and Ferentz called a timeout with seconds left and all the students had to get off the field.
Right on, see post #63.

Right on, see post #63.
In 2010 one could argue that it was a safety issue and Kirk protected his players. This year is was just to be a dick. It's good for the rivalry to have no love lost between fanbases and coaches.

Yeah, this one is on the offense not the defense. Defense did enough to keep the team in the game and they did it without a couple of starters as well. They played much better then the score would indicate.
The reality came after the MN drive that took up most of the third quarter and MN came up with nothing.
When PSU got the ball they scored in two minutes.
That was the story of the MN defense in a nut shell.

I think you are correct. The snarky comment from Ferentz after the game seemed to confirm that he was snubbing PJF. Given the ages of the two coaches I hope this will come back to bite Ferentz.

Hey WriterGoph—got me all wrong fanboy. Don’t live in Iowa—never have lived in Iowa—don’t want to live in Iowa and never will live in Iowa! Have lived my entire life in Minnesota and have been a Gopher fan for longer than you’ve been on the face of this planet. But—just because Ferentz and team beat the poop out of our Gophers (again) is no reason to be calling him a dick on this forum. It’s called respect —even if it is respect for an adversary

Hey WriterGoph—got me all wrong fanboy. Don’t live in Iowa—never have lived in Iowa—don’t want to live in Iowa and never will live in Iowa! Have lived my entire life in Minnesota and have been a Gopher fan for longer than you’ve been on the face of this planet. But—just because Ferentz and team beat the poop out of our Gophers (again) is no reason to be calling him a dick on this forum. It’s called respect —even if it is respect for an adversary
I'm pretty sure by many accounts, plenty of people would call him a dick. You can be a dick of a person and a good football coach. They aren't mutually exclusive. Bielema is another example.

Top Bottom