Post Game Thread: Gophers Get Crushed by Michigan

Surprised at our total lack of team speed on both sides of the ball.

I expected a bit of a down year, but not this big a fall-off.

I don't know if it's Kaliakmanis, the lackluster receiving corps, or the design of the passing offense, but the passing game is absolutely miserable.

Fleck seems stuck in an earlier generation of football. His mindset only succeeds if his team can dominate at the line-of-scrimmage. No recourse if that doesn't happen.

Really disappointing that we can not field a competitive team. I realistically did not expect 2 win but getting steam rolled was demoralizing. Change your best ….

I don't know if it's Kaliakmanis, the lackluster receiving corps, or the design of the passing offense, but the passing game is absolutely miserable.
It’s a combination of all. AK hasn’t been accurate. The OL has been bad at times. The routes we run are not hard to cover.

So often we keep extra blockers in so AK only has two or three options. Again, not hard to defend. I wished we used our RBs in the pass game more too.

Whelp, you can sit and sulk all you want or be embarrassed if you want but it’s pretty obvious there’s a long ways between Michigan/Georgia and everyone else. Playoffs look pretty pointless to me. All we can do is keep plugging away and try to keep upping our recruiting. Will CL ever play?

Surprised at our total lack of team speed on both sides of the ball.

I expected a bit of a down year, but not this big a fall-off.

Fleck seems stuck in an earlier generation of football. His mindset only succeeds if his team can dominate at the line-of-scrimmage. No recourse if that doesn't happen.

Gopher offensive line got thrashed in pass protection. Michigan D-backs could flood the short pass zones and almost ignore deep routes because they knew the Gopher QB would have zero time to get a pass off.

Gopher defense has fallen off a cliff. In past years, the lack of pass rush was offset by good coverage. This year it's a lack of pass rush combined with soft coverage.

This team resembles early 2018 and the COVID year early 2020 when everything was rough as hell.

The saddest most pathetic offense I’ve ever seen. If pj doesn’t fire everyone tonight then he is signing his own resignation..

Fuck these guys for putting this on the field.

I’ve been a fleck disciple….agnostic now.

That was a really bad product on the field. I had tickets to this and it was not worth my dollars. Just ugly. I guess this is "culture" and if that is the case, I am not interested.

PJ's worst lost as a Gopher and second to worst loss as a head coach. His WMU first year team in 2013 lost to Iowa 59-3.

I was hoping we were done with this shit years ago.

Edit: It doesn't help when your 4-star QB golden boy throws two pick sixes, but still.

I have been more disappointed after losses as a Gopher fan, but NEVER this discouraged about the state of the program. We are a horrible football team and I see zero signs of progress. Maybe there was one bright spot tonight... our kicker. Other than that, nothing.

It's not a coincidence that AK's three worst games as a starter are against the only three ranked teams he's played against (Penn State, North Carolina, and Michigan). He's not a big game QB. Use the bye week to determine the starter for Iowa. If they lose to Iowa, then it's time for a new coach.

Absolutely terrible. It’s been tough keeping my season tix for years due to the family. Time to move on from them. Terrible product in year 7.

Beware: The true blood row the boaters are gonna get furious if anyone criticizes what we saw tonight.

Top Bottom