POST GAME THREAD: Gophers Get Convincing Win Over MSU

Slow start but finished strong. Nubin carried the load on offense and wore the Defense down.

Defense was on point, great seeing Lindenberg flying around.

Solid win after the first two possessions. Would be interesting to see what Tyler does in practice to routinely be the go to back when someone goes down only to get outplayed by someone who would be considered deeper in the depth chart.

Solid win after the first two possessions. Would be interesting to see what Tyler does in practice to routinely be the go to back when someone goes down only to get outplayed by someone who would be considered deeper in the depth chart.
Probably not much in practice. Fleck favors experience.

Given how well Tyler did in the MAC, it might just be our scheme doesn’t fit him. He is fairly slight. J. Nubin is a battering ram. Now that there are 4 regular season games left, I wonder if we get to see Marquese Williams?

I’m certainly happy with the W. On the other hand, the dominant performance by Nubin and the OL has me questioning why PJ is willing to run our RBs into the ground. All that depth and we just weren’t using it. It’s really a bad look. Especially if you’re an RB with NFL aspirations.

Gophers were 7pt favorites and won by 15. Felt closer but very happy with the win.

Gopher radio team pointed out that Minnesota had exactly 200 yards passing and 200 yards on the ground. They both said they had never seen that before. Me neither.

Last edited:

I’m certainly happy with the W. On the other hand, the dominant performance by Nubin and the OL has me questioning why PJ is willing to run our RBs into the ground. All that depth and we just weren’t using it. It’s really a bad look. Especially if you’re an RB with NFL aspirations.

Most of that depth is hurt.

Gophers were 7pt favorites and won by 15. Felt closer but very happy with the win.

Gopher radio team pointed out that Minnesota had 200 yards passing and 200 yards on the ground. They both said they had never seen that before. Me neither.
We did it last year against western Illinois where we had over 300 passing and rushing

Nice win and let’s get a streak going. Attendance is embarrassing. Half full tiny ass stadium. Biggest city in the whole conference.
One could argue Northwestern is in a bigger city (Chicago), although it’s actually in a northern suburb.

Then I guess OSU in 2021. It’s definitely a sign of how bad our passing attack has been

Had to make me look huh? Nope Minnesota had 205 yards in the air and 203 on the ground. tOSU had 294 and 201.

The Gophers today had exactly 200 yards on the ground and 200 in the air. That was their point.

Had to make me look huh? Nope Minnesota had 205 yards in the air and 203 on the ground. tOSU had 294 and 201.

The Gophers today had exactly 200 yards on the ground and 200 in the air. That was their point.
Ahhh I see. Thought you meant at least! That’s why the scorekeeper gave us a team loss for 3 on the last play instead of the 2

One could argue Northwestern is in a bigger city (Chicago), although it’s actually in a northern suburb.
Lol. The second I hit post I figured that would be pointed out and correct. But when talking attendance you can’t even consider northwestern because they are so sad. Gopher game down there looked like about 5000 people and 1500 were wearing maroon.

Nice win and let’s get a streak going. Attendance is embarrassing. Half full tiny ass stadium. Biggest city in the whole conference.
Can't blame fans too much...Our brand of football isn't particularly fun to watch. I'd be pissed if I paid to see that Iowa game.

Minnesota victory after Iowa win.

Looking at you ahead, Wisconsin.

Top Bottom