Post Game Thread: Gophers Blow Horrendous Game to a HORRIBLE Northwestern Team

Obviously there’s a lot of things we did poorly in the 4th quarter and OT, but the bottom line is there’s no excuse for our defense giving up 21 points in a quarter. We should have been able to kneel 3 times and punt every offensive possession in the 4th and still win.

I love ya pj, but this kinda shit takes a long look in the mirror on if you can stay here. Every year there’s an embarrassing hiccup he over coaches in and he’s done nothing “over the top” for success. That wears thin

This program has significantly regressed the past couple of years. They play not to lose rather than to win. I’m done with this staff and this program.

That’s worse than getting steamrolled by NDSU. At least their fans give a shit. Stop rewarding Fleck for this mediocrity. They should reduce his pay after this. We are a bad program. Act like it. We suck. The coach should be paid accordingly

This Gophers team is young and bad. Bottom half of the West and they won't make a bowl game. Brevyn Spann-Ford and Tyler Nubin should have gone into the NFL because they are wasting a year when they could have made a lot more money than here with NIL.

With half the PAC12 coming in next year, it would be advisable for Minnesota to leave the league and join up with Oregon State and Washington State in the losers conference.

An utter collapse and return to terrible Gopher football of yesteryear.

So much good in the first half.....so much bad in the second.

Def has to figure their sh!t out because there is no way they should have given up that many points to Northwestern.

The throw to BSF may have been high and hot but if he thinks he is playing on Sundays next year he has to make that catch.

Redding fielding that punt in the EZ was just a horrible mental error and those 20 yards of field position were massive. Perfect punt, should have been downed at the 1.

Hope Taylor is ok, he grabbed at his hamstring late in the game and wasn't out there in OT. Kid is a stud and could have really used him on that final series.

Crooms made some great catches.

Athan played much better than last week.

Unbelievably frustrating loss that should not have happened. No way the D shouldn't have been able to protect a 21 point lead in the second half.

Gonna be tough to get over this one....but hey....at least we aren't Iowa.

If I'm Darius Taylor, Im rowing my boat to a top tier program as soon as this season is over. I have nothing positive to say about this football program right now.

I catch a ton of shit for this as it’s clear to me but the f’ing dummy cares way more about his FAMiLY shit than he does preparing a football team to win a game. I’d trade him for a bag of balls and the best young head coach in FCS.

Fire Fleck. He’s given me a lot of joy the past several seasons and statistically is one of the best coaches we have ever had.

However, his time is up. I don’t expect him to beat Ohio State or Michigans of the world, but this shouldn’t happen. Rossi is not heading to a head coaching job if teams see he gave up a ton of yards to Northwestern.

Honestly the Vikings and Gophers are in similar situations. Everyone was worried their defensive coordinators were going to leave, but after how bad both are playing this year, I don’t see who would want either of them.

Obviously there’s a lot of things we did poorly in the 4th quarter and OT, but the bottom line is there’s no excuse for our defense giving up 21 points in a quarter. We should have been able to kneel 3 times and punt every offensive possession in the 4th and still win.
No excuse of our offense having a play caller with zero zero zero imagination. We will not win with him. He is worse than linevrover What a pathetic terrible loss. No. I’m not over reacting. Fricking mother frick teribble brain dead loss which should never had happened

No excuse of our offense having a play caller with zero zero zero imagination. We will not win with him. He is worse than linevrover What a pathetic terrible loss. No. I’m not over reacting. Fricking mother frick teribble brain dead loss which should never had happened
And yet still it should not have mattered

Dude, PJ is handcuffing him. It’s not his fault.

Top Bottom