Post Game Press Conference Video: “It’s all on me” says PJ Fleck after a disappointing loss to Illinois

To say "It's on me" over and over again is disingenuous when you never say what specifically YOU should have done differently. He says "It's on me," and then goes on to name all of the players' mistakes.
This ^

Fleck is going to bail for another program. I would bet money on. It. He has reached ceiling on what Minnesota can be under this coaching staff.
Yes, because schools are clamoring for a coach who can in 7 years show very little development, put a style of football in the field that puts fans to sleep, AND regularly lose game inexplicably to inferior opponents.

They're backing that brinks truck up to his front door every day.

Always remember he took a pay cut to come here from Western Michigan.

If he was going to leave, he should have done it already. There is a much better body if work on him now. Even after 2019 he coukdn't get bigger schools to bite.

We're stuck with Peej until Coyle leaves (also very unlikely) or he screws up off the field.

Settle in and "enjoy" the show.

He says that every time, no matter what.

Rings very hollow, at this point.

Last edited:

Yes, because schools are clamoring for a coach who can in 7 years show very little development, put a style of football in the field that puts fans to sleep, AND regularly lose game inexplicably to inferior opponents.

They're backing that brinks truck up to his front door every day.

Always remember he took a pay cut to come here from Western Michigan.

If he was going to leave, he should have done it already. There is a much better body if work on him now. Even after 2019 he coukdn't get bigger schools to bite.

We're stuck with Peej until Coyle leaves (also very unlikely) or he screws up off the field.

Settle in and "enjoy" the show.
He looks tired and sound disingenuous at times. I think he blames some of his shortcomings and lack of development for the program on a lack of support from Minnesota fans and lack of NIL money on us. It's a lot easier to blame others than be introspective. Games like yesterday always kill any momentumn or headway Gophers make with fans. So much broken trust and baggage from heartbreak games it is hard to describe. I don't think other programs are clamoring for him but I am thinking he is looking for escape hatch. That's not this coaches fault Lucy pulled football again so much in past but now he is starting to have this happen more regular. Really starting to think he has his agent out prospecting for an out to move elsewhere. There is a rat in the room when you take back Ciaroca and he burns you again. Something isn't right in the football offices. Even with the big buck's the coach makes I think he wants out. I thought with his charisma and appeal to players more fans would turn out and we would have more fans. As usual the U put the cart before the horse by jacking up prices and putting in Scholarship seating before any real momentumn created and one Citrus Bowl game played. I look across to the home sideline every game and a lot of the most expensive seats are empty with lots of empty seats. That says something about the staleness and future of things in years to come. That tells me the U has really over valued tickets and what market will pay. Us hard-core fans will pay more including scholarship fees, most casual to average football fans, you want as customers do not see the value. It is an expensive ticket compared to rest of Big 10.

Last edited:

He looks tired and sound disingenuous at times. I think he blames some of his shortcomings and lack of development for the program on a lack of support from Minnesota fans and lack of NIL money on us. It's a lot easier to blame others than be introspective. Games like yesterday always kill any momentumn or headway Gophers make with fans. So much broken trust and baggage from heartbreak games it is hard to describe. I don't think other programs are clamoring for him but I am thinkinh he is looking for escape hatch. That's not this coaches fault Lucy pulled football again. Really starting to think he has his agent out prospecting for an out to move elsewhere. There is a rat in the room when you take back Ciaroca and he burns you again. Something isn't right in the football offices. Even with the big buck's the coach makes I think he wants out.
He doesn’t believe in momentum.

RossI was bad in the first half and then choked down the stretch.
I’m not sure I blame Rossi for an all American blowing a basic coverage tbh

Team wasn’t ready in Q1 though

"It's all on me." ~ PJ Fleck

This qualifies as one of the "No shit Sherlock" comments of all time.

It is clear that our quarterback and play calling have devolved as the season has progressed. Kaliakmanis has no confidence, he exhibits " happy feet" and his release point on his throw has become a 3/4 sling rather than a confident, over the top pass. His coaching staff has utterly failed him and displays an utter lack of consistency in calling a game.

Yes, PJ, it is all on you. If you want an ELITE culture, you have to hire elite coaches who can coach up less than elite athletes. This is all on you.

Nubin didn't blow the coverage, it was Gousby. As we saw in UNC.

I have no idea why the coaches think he's the best option.

But they (coaches) also said Jordan Nubin was a 5th string RB.

I don't really trust this staff on evaluating players ....

Nubin didn't blow the coverage, it was Gousby. As we saw in UNC.

I have no idea why the coaches think he's the best option.

But they (coaches) also said Jordan Nubin was a 5th string RB.

I don't really trust this staff on evaluating players ....
I have no idea who might be better, but the thought that he might be the best option in the team at the moment is a tad worrying. We knew the secondary was going to be thin because of all of the transfers, so maybe we are just feeling the pain from that. Either way, coaches and players need to change their best.

Top Bottom