Post Game Press Conference Video: “It’s all on me” says PJ Fleck after a disappointing loss to Illinois

"It's all on Sean Tyler"

That would've generated an interesting thread for the coming week considering last week's Tyler thread.

Coach Speak.... Also partially true.... I say "partially" because I feel it is more on Rossi and the defense. Keep the offensive player in front of you because a FG cant beat you. Twice now.... Everything was setup and they pissed down their leg again !!

Coach Speak.... Also partially true.... I say "partially" because I feel it is more on Rossi and the defense. Keep the offensive player in front of you because a FG cant beat you. Twice now.... Everything was setup and they pissed down their leg again !!
At some point,maybe don't put everything on the defense. Maybe try and win the game with the offense, instead of hoping the defense bails you out. It's not against the rules to score your own points.

What a joke—it’s on me. You’re right Fleck —you’re paid big bucks to win games —you are in fact responsible for that mess of a game.

For some reason the team this year is not firing on all 3 cylinders of Offense, Defense, and special teams. The offense starts firing, but the defense is letting up everything. Defense then starts shutting them down but then the offense goes dead. Special Teams fumbles the ball but makes a nice FG later.

Gary Danielson just said something prescient regarding the LSU - Bama game; Brian Kelly sensing it’s going to be a high scoring game, decided to go for it on 4 and short because it’s going to be a shootout.

PJ has zero feel for the game, it it’s not going to be an Iowa game, don’t take the air out of the 🏈. You can’t expect your D to be elite every game.

Amazing this is such a blind spot, until he figures this out, his best won’t improve.

Fleck is going to bail for another program. I would bet money on. It. He has reached ceiling on what Minnesota can be under this coaching staff.
To win against strong opponents the coaching staffs generally need to be smarter and better prepared. PJ checks many of the boxes, but smart inventive coaches find ways to win during the chess games.

At some point,maybe don't put everything on the defense. Maybe try and win the game with the offense, instead of hoping the defense bails you out. It's not against the rules to score your own points.

They tried. AK just couldn't complete passes when it counted, or receivers (mainly Crooms) dropped the ball.

I see PJ has some issues.

That said, I don't think he is the reason this is happening.

AK is not good.

Nubin is playing for the INT and it has cost us 2 games ( NW and this one)

#4 has dropped 20 passes.

I actually think the players have sucked this year. Yes, the coaches need to develop them but the players have been the mistakes not the play calls.

The 4th and 11 defensive play call was absolute horseshit. I honestly don't understand how Rossi calls what looked to be a zone prevent. Safeties deep and corners playing inside. There's absolutely no excuse for a receiver to have an uncontested catch like that. Zero. That was a terrible play call and Rossi should be embarrassed.

The 4th and 11 defensive play call was absolute horseshit. I honestly don't understand how Rossi calls what looked to be a zone prevent. Safeties deep and corners playing inside. There's absolutely no excuse for a receiver to have an uncontested catch like that. Zero. That was a terrible play call and Rossi should be embarrassed.
Thought the exact same thing. 20 yard safeties drop cover 2 zone. WTF !

Thought the exact same thing. 20 yard safeties drop cover 2 zone. WTF !

It's a horrible play call. Rossi couldn't have made it any easier. Just begging to let a guy find an open spot in the zone.....and guess what happened. Every one of those receivers should have had a defender shadowing them to AT LEAST contest the pass. Illinois receiver just sat there wide open. 100% pathetic play call in that situation.

Top Bottom