Places we want the Gophers to play at....

Michigan. Didn’t think I’d have to request that but here we are with no trips to Michigan from 2018-2025 (at least).
Wouldn't care in the slightest if we never played Michigan again in the regular season. Trophy doesn't do it for me, either.

To me, everything about that matchup is as arbitrary and meaningless as the matchup with Penn St, which also has a trophy. I'd much rather focus on West teams that are a better match for us, institutionally and athletically.

In Washington vs the Huskies. Just cause it'd be cool to go to a Gopher's game in Seattle since I live there now.

Washington, Oregon, Georgia, LSU, Iowa State.

Each of those would be can't miss away games.

Wouldn't care in the slightest if we never played Michigan again in the regular season. Trophy doesn't do it for me, either.

To me, everything about that matchup is as arbitrary and meaningless as the matchup with Penn St, which also has a trophy. I'd much rather focus on West teams that are a better match for us, institutionally and athletically.

I’ve never met anyone who thinks the oldest trophy in college football is as meaningless as the bell but to each his own.

Definitely a 5 star douche post from someone who has no clue about the history of college football.
dbag.jpg

I’ve never met anyone who thinks the oldest trophy in college football is as meaningless as the bell but to each his own.
Yep, you think the jug and that "rivalry" matters as much as the Pig and Axe :rolleyes:

Since 1968, we've beaten Michigan four times. What a stupid, non-rivalry game.

I stand by what I said. 2016-2020 seasons, we'll have played them twice. Won't play them again until 2023. GOOD!

There's a difference between the importance of a trophy and the intensity of a rivalry. The LBJ is the 2nd best trophy in college football after the Heisman. I wish we played Michigan every year.

There's a difference between the importance of a trophy and the intensity of a rivalry. The LBJ is the 2nd best trophy in college football after the Heisman. I wish we played Michigan every year.

How does one define "best" in this case? I actually agree with MplsGopher on this one. I like the Jug and I like it when we win it. But do I view that as the same as the rivalry with Iowa and Wisconsin? Not even close. I know the history behind it. I have always just found it sort of patronizing I guess. Watching Michigan win it nearly every single year in my lifetime, and then to have the announcers talk about how lopsided the rivalry is. Just never was as passionate about the the Jug.

How does one define "best" in this case? I actually agree with MplsGopher on this one. I like the Jug and I like it when we win it. But do I view that as the same as the rivalry with Iowa and Wisconsin? Not even close. I know the history behind it. I have always just found it sort of patronizing I guess. Watching Michigan win it nearly every single year in my lifetime, and then to have the announcers talk about how lopsided the rivalry is. Just never was as passionate about the the Jug.

I don’t think I or anyone ever said anything about the Michigan rivalry being on the same level as Iowa or Wisconsin. It is the oldest trophy in college football and it’s a shame that we don’t play for it more than once every 3 years anymore.

I don’t much appreciate losing the axe every year, but I still look forward to that game.

Alright, I derailed it enough. My position is known, others' are known. Sorry for the derail

In the spirit of getting back to the topic at hand... here are a couple more locations/opponents that I'd like...

Boston College
Wake Forest
Duke

I have an old version of NCAA football and I have all the trophies if the Gophers can match that will be good.

View attachment 8367
Paulson Stadium 45 minutes from Savannah
Definitely a 5 star douche post from someone who has no clue about the history of college football.

Then
Vanderbilt (Nashville is a great town)
Notre Dame (speaks for itself)
Colorado (Never been to Boulder)
Ole Miss (I hear Oxford is a great time)
Army/Navy/Air Force (just would be cool to see all the cadets/pagentry)
Virgina Tech (never been to that part of Virginia)
1592193724575.png

We would play the Gophers at Paulson Stadium for a 50 gallon "BIG F'N Keg" of Statesboro Moon Shine aged in a Hickory barrel & 100 LBs of jerked meet!! Ever person of Gopher Age gets 2 shots after the game and the rest goes home to the athletic staffs!!

1592191939538.png

NOW BEAT THAT!

Last edited:

What G5 or P5 school cold bet that? If you played at Georgia you may get a basket of peaches, at LSU a bucket of Poppies Chicken, in California maybe a rainbow fruit cup!

1592193828979.png

I think it would be fun to see the Gophers on the blue turf at Boise State. Always looks like an incredible atmosphere.

I think it would be fun to see the Gophers on the blue turf at Boise State. Always looks like an incredible atmosphere.
Oooh, that would be cool. Hank Bachmeier getting picked 3 times at home would be epic.

Top Bottom