Places we want the Gophers to play at....

Death Valley, Alabama, LSU, South Bend, USC is they get Urban Meyer.

Washington - A historic old rivalry rekindled. Visit Seattle's waterfront for seafood and craft beer.

Texas - Historic stadium atmosphere and cool town. Do some live TX country music and drive out to hill country while sippin Lonestar or Shiner.

Arizona - Tucson is awesome. Winnable games. Incredible Mexican cuisine and margaritas. Bike the city. Drive/hike the Catalinas.

Last edited:

College Station, TX (Been to several games there and simply no atmosphere like it in college football! Closest things you'll find to a "cult" in college sports. So much fun.)

U of Texas (great city and lots of fun things to do)

USC (history, city, and their marching band and war chant is epic-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J55xnFE0Ibo&list=RDJ55xnFE0Ibo&start_radio=1&t=7)

I would love to go and play at the following places:

Wyoming
Colorado
Washington
Arizona
Penn
Virginia Tech
Fixed it!!!

Plus, the former head coach from you know where, coaches at Wyoming (and has for a while now).

It'll never happen under the current set up unfortunately. They already play Iowa every year so picking up another home and home series would mean they would have only 6 home games some years.
Yeah they'd be agreat matchup but Iowa State understandably wouldn't want to give up games at home.

Have always wanted to be in Aloha Stadium watching the marching band play the theme to Hawaii 5-0. Also South Bend, Pasadena, Tuscaloosa and Colorado Springs.

Here are a few that would be intriguing road games.

Vanderbilt (Nashville is a great town)
Notre Dame (speaks for itself)
Colorado (Never been to Boulder)
Ole Miss (I hear Oxford is a great time)
Army/Navy/Air Force (just would be cool to see all the cadets/pagentry)
Virgina Tech (never been to that part of Virginia)
I've heard from many hard-core college FB fanatics that Oxford is the best tailgate in the country.

Gonna need some proof...
Ole-Miss-coeds-in-the-grove.jpg

Ole-Miss-Rebels-Free-Pick-amp-CFB-Betting-Prediction-2-e1536788070673.jpg

979f080f020230b82b346fe16200f5b5.png

Oxford would be fun, but my vote would be a home and home with Tennessee. I’ve only been once, but the game day atmosphere at Neyland is something special.

Hawaii gets my vote. End of season...
I do believe we are 0-1 against the Rainbow Warriers. They beat us soundly in Mase's first game as HC.

My second Gophers game that I paid attention to. The first was Nebby at the Dome in 1989. Also not something to get excited about.

Obviously both me and Mrs. Billd got over it.

I'm for GT at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Revenge match...

I do believe we are 0-1 against the Rainbow Warriers. They beat us soundly in Mase's first game as HC.

My second Gophers game that I paid attention to. The first was Nebby at the Dome in 1989. Also not something to get excited about.

Man I forgot we played them...

I had forgotten that. Then making it a revenge game makes it even more enticing.

Looked it up. Rainbow Warriors went 3-9 that season. So did the Gophers...

Hawaii beat the Gophers 17-3.

They also beat Fresno State and Cal State Northridge.

A mere 2 years later we were in the Sun Bowl against Oregon with Billy Cockerham. That was actually a fun season. Tyrone was everywhere on the field...just like a certain Winfield this year...

Indianapolis - B1G championship game

Pasadena - Rose Bowl semifinal destination 1
or New Orleans - Sugar Bowl semifinal destination 2

Miami Gardens - Hard Rock Stadium 2021 National Championship.

Regular season matchups I'd like to see:
SEC: Tennessee, Ole Miss, Kentucky
ACC: Virginia, UNC, Notre Dame (might as well call them an ACC school now)
Big12: Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas
Pac12: Washington, Colorado, Arizona

Here are a few that would be intriguing road games.

Expanded_Paulson_Stadium.jpg
Paulson Stadium 45 minutes from Savannah

Then

Notre Dame - the pageantry, history, etc. An Ohio State friend saw the Buckeyes play in South Bend and was very pleased (almost impressed) with how well the Fightin' Irish fans treated the visitors. (I guess he was worried about a "Wolverine-like welcome.") And then one can spend a night in Chicago on the way down or back, depending on game time.

Home and home - Against USC, Bama, Notre Dame, etc...

How about at least play a game against Notre Dame or USC at US Bank Stadium when the weather is nice. If it is below freezing, we definitely have to play at TCF.

Notre Dame - the pageantry, history, etc. An Ohio State friend saw the Buckeyes play in South Bend and was very pleased (almost impressed) with how well the Fightin' Irish fans treated the visitors. (I guess he was worried about a "Wolverine-like welcome.") And then one can spend a night in Chicago on the way down or back, depending on game time.

I've heard from ND fans that .... the atmosphere can be surprisingly meh at ND / large chunks of the crowd are pretty quiet.

Iowa State, North Dakota State, Tulane, Colorado, San Diego State, North Carolina, Arizona State, Arizona, Pittsburgh.

Top Bottom