Places we want the Gophers to play at....

alaska

Reaction score
As we are setting up home and home schedules, what are some places that you would like our Gophers to play.? Im thinking best atmospheres? most unique places from a fans perspective to travel to and watch a game? Thoughts?

most home and aways are set for the next decade. Places that come to mind are Colorado, BYU, North Carolina, Miss St, and CAL.

Edit: misread the first sentence of the OP...thought they said Are we setting up home/away.

FARGO!!!!!!!! C'mon that was sort of funny.
But Pasadena is the cat's ass

I would love to go and play at the following places:

Wyoming
Washington
Arizona
Penn
Virginia Tech

As we are setting up home and home schedules, what are some places that you would like our Gophers to play.? Im thinking best atmospheres? most unique places from a fans perspective to travel to and watch a game? Thoughts?

Mr. and Mrs. Rescooter vote for UNLV. It was fun seeing fellow Gophers on the "Strip" and the game was great. Very well attended as well.

Post-season: Indy, Pasadena, & New Orleans
Regular season: Death Valley, Swamp, & big neutral sites like Atlanta & Jerry World come to mind

FARGO!!!!!!!! C'mon that was sort of funny.
But Pasadena is the cat's ass
Ha in all honesty I'd take it...playing at the Fargo Dome is a 10 minute drive for me.

Here are a few that would be intriguing road games.

Vanderbilt (Nashville is a great town)
Notre Dame (speaks for itself)
Colorado (Never been to Boulder)
Ole Miss (I hear Oxford is a great time)
Army/Navy/Air Force (just would be cool to see all the cadets/pagentry)
Virgina Tech (never been to that part of Virginia)

Mizzou, UCF, ASU, San Diego St.

We do have Colorado on the schedule.

I've been so nervous about Covid potentially affecting the upcoming season that it is hard for me to think beyond very simple goals. Where are some places I would like to see them play?

On a football field. Any field. ON TIME.

In the spirit of the actual intended question: I would love to see a Home and home series with Washington. That has long been my top choice.

I'm excited for the game at UNC. I've never been to NC and heard great things. Places not on the schedule, Oregon is the top of my list. Autzen sounds fun.

Washington
Pitt
Air Force (since its a 45 minute drive)
Army & Navy
Notre Dame

Besides the obvious Pasadena, my number one choice is Boulder, and that's happening.

Probably South Bend next. Tennessee and LSU...Arizona and ASU. Wyoming was a good choice...BYU.

Went to a Thursday night game between the Buffs and UCLA a few years ago. Spent the morning around Denver - tour of Mile High (no idea what they call it now), Coors field visit and then drove to Boulder and purchased tickets, drove to Estes Park (entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park) and then back for the night game. Cool old stadium in an absolutely beautiful setting. Wish I could have spent more time there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom