PJ Fleck: "We're going to get Daniel Jackson back here very soon"

And the Germans thought based on Allied information that the Allies would land near Calais.
I put PJ's injury reports in the same category.
I could easily be wrong, but I don’t recall Fleck lying about availability or time tables for return, more just that he is very secretive about what the injury is.

Surprisingly enough he's played in all but three games in his time here. 2 last year and NMSU last week

My understanding is he was playing hurt, 80-90% most of the time . I could be wrong but IIRC Burns might have mentioned that a few times over the years. Take from that what you will.

That’s great news. Was worried he was a long-termer. Seems pretty explosive when he’s healthy, which seems rare.
People keep saying this but Jackson has not been an impact player at any time in his career. Not saying he can’t ever be, but he hasn’t shown much even when healthy.

People keep saying this but Jackson has not been an impact player at any time in his career. Not saying he can’t ever be, but he hasn’t shown much even when healthy.

Do you consider Mike Brown-Stephens an impact player? He and Jackson's career stats were pretty similar coming into this season.

PE is right, Jackson has been dinged up much of his career even though he's only missed a few games.

At times IMO he’s displayed some quicks but he hasn’t been a go to guy and all too often when targeted he’s dropped the ball. That’s my plebe impression. That, along with the nagging injury (rumors) give me hope he could be a productive player.

Do you consider Mike Brown-Stephens an impact player? He and Jackson's career stats were pretty similar coming into this season.

PE is right, Jackson has been dinged up much of his career even though he's only missed a few games.
Jackson and MBS both have talent but neither has shown consistent productivity. Nor has Wright and even CAB I think leaves some to be desired at times. I’m hoping at least a couple of them find a new level this year.

WR cannot be an impact player in Sanford offense. We have no idea what Jackson can do.
I will grant that everyone should get a chance to prove themselves in the post-Sanford era, my only point is I keep hearing about how Jackson, MBS, and Wright give us such great depth at WR, when they don’t have numbers to back that up. Until proven otherwise, WR is a position of concern.

And the Germans thought based on Allied information that the Allies would land near Calais.
I put PJ's injury reports in the same category.
You say this every time and every time you can’t ever point to a time when Fleck lied. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I will grant that everyone should get a chance to prove themselves in the post-Sanford era, my only point is I keep hearing about how Jackson, MBS, and Wright give us such great depth at WR, when they don’t have numbers to back that up. Until proven otherwise, WR is a position of concern.
I wouldn’t say it’s a position of concern. I would say it doesn’t look like we have anyone that’s stepped up to be an all conference type at this point. It’s also difficult to stand out when they throw so little.

I wouldn’t say it’s a position of concern. I would say it doesn’t look like we have anyone that’s stepped up to be an all conference type at this point. It’s also difficult to stand out when they throw so little.
Fair, rather than concern I guess I’d say there is a lot of unknown/unproven

Gophs occasionally threw the ball the last two years. Ranked #118 in passing offense last year. Only the military academies had fewer pass attempts.

From his HS bio... led team to its sixth straight state title with 11 catches for 173 and two touchdowns in the championship game • as a senior, recorded 74 receptions for 1,511 yards and 27 touchdowns • recipient of the 2019 Otis Taylor Award presented to most outstanding high school wide receiver/tight end of Greater Kansas City • named 4A SIK Offensive Player of the Year.

This is a bad take. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Wright has NFL talent and MBS is plenty capable as a 3-4th option on a run-heavy team. Remember, our head coach is a former WR and sees these guys play everyday. Everything he says about Jackson and MBS do not strike me as coming from a place of concern

This is a bad take. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Wright has NFL talent and MBS is plenty capable as a 3-4th option on a run-heavy team. Remember, our head coach is a former WR and sees these guys play everyday. Everything he says about Jackson and MBS do not strike me as coming from a place of concern
That’s my point. Wright may have NFL talent, but other than small flashes it really hasn’t been proven at this level. And I’m glad PJ likes Jackson and MBS but I don’t think he’s going to publicly rip his players either. Again all I’m saying is these three have proven very little at this level. Not saying they can’t do it, we just haven’t really seen it.

Absolutely agree with this take, and we desperately need one of these receivers to emerge as a legitimate threat. MBS is a good third down “possession type” receiver, but we need a second down the field threat besides CAB so they can’t double him. Wright seems to have the physical tools, but he seems to disappear from the game plan. Just a guess on my part, but I’m assuming that for all the talent he appears to have, he just doesn’t get enough separation when running his routes to get open for Tanner.

Absolutely agree with this take, and we desperately need one of these receivers to emerge as a legitimate threat. MBS is a good third down “possession type” receiver, but we need a second down the field threat besides CAB so they can’t double him. Wright seems to have the physical tools, but he seems to disappear from the game plan. Just a guess on my part, but I’m assuming that for all the talent he appears to have, he just doesn’t get enough separation when running his routes to get open for Tanner.
MBS has speed, definitely can be a down field threat. Jackson as well. Looks like KC will be using the TEs as well. I'm not worried. Don't think we'll see anything other than vanilla passing until Sparty.

MBS is a good third down “possession type” receiver, but we need a second down the field threat besides CAB so they can’t double him. Wright seems to have the physical tools, but he seems to disappear from the game plan.
Disagree with your first take. MBS is pretty much just a deep threat -- But I agree with you that Wright just seems to be a physical freak who doesn't do the little things or isn't engaged enough that prevents him from being a 1000 yd receiver.

MBS has speed, definitely can be a down field threat. Jackson as well. Looks like KC will be using the TEs as well. I'm not worried. Don't think we'll see anything other than vanilla passing until Sparty.
Totally agree. We only will see hints of a passing attack in first three games. The coming out party is Michigan State

Disagree with your first take. MBS is pretty much just a deep threat -- But I agree with you that Wright just seems to be a physical freak who doesn't do the little things or isn't engaged enough that prevents him from being a 1000 yd receiver.
Again, only the military academies had fewer pass attempts last year. We don't have anything to really judge his potential.

That’s my point. Wright may have NFL talent, but other than small flashes it really hasn’t been proven at this level. And I’m glad PJ likes Jackson and MBS but I don’t think he’s going to publicly rip his players either. Again all I’m saying is these three have proven very little at this level. Not saying they can’t do it, we just haven’t really seen it.
Wide receivers can't prove anything in a Sanford offense.

Jackson and MBS both have talent but neither has shown consistent productivity. Nor has Wright and even CAB I think leaves some to be desired at times. I’m hoping at least a couple of them find a new level this year.
Makes me wonder if being downfield blockers was part of the reason that they were getting banged up? MBS did take some brutal hits though. My guess is that had an impact. IIRC a couple could have easily been targeting calls.

Top Bottom