Pitino turned FIU around in a year how long to turn the Gopher ship around

He won more in year 1 with a shittier situation than Dennis Gates did...but Gates is the savior.

First season at FIU was a tremendous turnaround. How long to turn the much bigger Gopher ship around ? 1 year ?, 2-3 years ? 3-5? I'm betting on 2-3.
The ship is going in the right direction. It just keeps listing and taking on water, which slows the ship down.
With the right coach, UMN can pickup speed quickly.

He won more in year 1 with a shittier situation than Dennis Gates did...but Gates is the savior.
You talking about FIU or Minnesota?

I didn't think he inherited a totally terrible team here. Not great, but it did have the Hollins brothers.

You talking about FIU or Minnesota?

I didn't think he inherited a totally terrible team here. Not great, but it did have the Hollins brothers.
FIU. They had 6 players and they weren't all scholarship guys. He made the conference championship game. Gates gets an excuse cause he took a bad situation. It was better than what Pitino had at FIU

\They also would have won that game if Dre Hollins had played, but he was injured to by our dirty red friends.

Ooooh that pissed me off! As I recall it was Josh Gasser. We won the game where he was hurt but faltered in the ones immediately after that.

But we won the NIT and set the university record for legal wins in a season!

Like I said before, I thought his first season was a pretty decent one, nothing to be embarrassed about. I enjoyed the NIT run. Even attended one of the games (St. Marys).

Top Bottom