Pitino Relieved of Duties

Here we go....Come on Coyle...Hire the right guy!!

Have to think there will be an official Coyle statement by EOD with these national writers commenting on it

I thought NM was going to be allowed to announce that Pitino has decided to leave the U.

National writers want to force the U to say they're firing Pitino?

I don't think so. Unless he is going to a blue blood, I'm not sure he is going to get more playing time in a better conference next year.
As much as it pains me to say it... he could easily be a replacement for Garza.

The geographics would certainly make sense.

Exactly what duties is he relieved of?

I mean, are you sure he's fired?

Cause I'm not sure he's been doing much the last six or seven weeks.

Are you sure that he would be cleared to play right away? I could be wrong but I don't believe there is general allowance for any transfer this year. It looks like they will proceed with the blanket one-time transfer waiver but that applies to athletes who have not transferred from a four-year school previously.

Are you sure that he would be cleared to play right away? I could be wrong but I don't believe there is general allowance for any transfer this year. It looks like they will proceed with the blanket one-time transfer waiver but that applies to athletes who have not transferred from a four-year school previously.
Thanks. I’ve been wondering about that issue. Puts Gophers in good position for both Liam and Johnson if he wants to come back if this is the case. Hard to believe any new coach would not want them both.

I guess you're assuming that he really wants to go back to Iowa AND also that he has formed no relationships or loyalties with any of the players on the team this season.

Thanks. I’ve been wondering about that issue. Puts Gophers in good position for both Liam and Johnson if he wants to come back if this is the case. Hard to believe any new coach would not want them both.

I think with Johnson already having graduated, he has more flexibility than Liam. But I think there is a good chance Johnson will stay. Like Liam, he can also be a featured player on a Big Ten team next year.

Remember when barreiro broke a story and he felt he didn’t get credit. A week of whining.

I guess you're assuming that he really wants to go back to Iowa AND also that he has formed no relationships or loyalties with any of the players on the team this season.
And that his uncle is automatically gone. Maybe he is retained as an assistant.

Top Bottom