Pirsig verbals to Minnesota

Also, I think a couple people owe Carlos some brews if they ever meet up!

Welcome to the U!

Everyone should have known Carlos was cool when he quipped that it's all about the B1G and hating the likes of ND, TX and the SEC. Carlos and I already have a stellar game day beer plan in place and somehow JoeDirt came up with a way to improve on it. That said, the more the merrier!

Thought this was worth posting tweet from Marcus.

The fact that Kaler came out to meet Pirsig on his visit today shows you how invested new U president is in football program. That's huge.

A real football coach, top recruits staying home, and a pres taking an active interest in the program? It must be a new day for the gophers!

JOHNSON

for what ive been hearing from a couple people, johnson likes minnesota. I am not saying hes going there but i would probably bet 10 dollars on it.

For what it's worth, that's 2 D1 offensive line recruits in 2 years from relatively small schools in Southwest MN. Tyler Marz from Springfield went to WI last year, and now Pirsig chooses the U. As another poster said, it's nice to see kids from outstate schools get a chance.

Maybe one day, the Twin Cities media will discover that FB is actually played by schools outside of the 494-694 loop....................................Nah, that's asking too much..........

Thanks for staying in Gold Country, your pledge to the state brings some extra lusture!

Carlos...you are the man...who do you like in the super bowl?

Andre-If you are reading page 5 of these posts, the Gopher Fans can be (and generally are) positive!

Thought this was worth posting tweet from Marcus.

A real football coach, top recruits staying home, and a pres taking an active interest in the program? It must be a new day for the gophers!

I posted this another thread, but the U's president meeting with top recruits is great, albeit not that new. I remember when Yudof made a minor violation when he met with Adam Boone on a recruiting visit. President B would meet with recruits for the major sports and good to see Kaler continuing the tradition. It can't hurt.

Go Gophers!!

Everyone should thank both Brewster and Maturi for the present optimism and outlook surrounding the Gopher program. Brewster got everyone exited again about the possibilities for Gopher football, and Maturi hired Kill at exactly the right time and in the right way. Look at it this way. Without Tim Brewster there would be no Jerry Kill. Brewster's tenure was a minor blip in the 40 plus years of failure that has been Gopher football.

BTW - Good job Carlos...it is hard to appreciate someone claiming any sort of inside info nowadays, but you got this one.

This unprecedented territory for the gophers. We haven't recruited this well in state probably since at least Holtz. Kill said he was gonna get after 'em in recruiting. Looks like he meant business. I am willing to bet McDonald keeps his word and stays onboard. As for Johnson and Davidson, I'm not so sure they'll be coming here. Davidson hasn't played a down of Minnesota high school football and from what I've read, Johnson's family has relocated here as well. Out of the two I'd say we have the best shot at Johnson, but I won't hold my breath.

Kill just keeps looking better and better to me every day. He has almost Holtz level buzz around him. I wish we were playing NMSU first and then USC, just so we could start off with a win at home. Then again, no one expects the gophers to even give USC a game, so it might be in his favor to get the toughest game out of the way first and the put together a little win streak leading up to the B1G season.

I'm glad someone said this: without Brewster, there is no Kill. I say that also, without Mason, there is no Kill. Brewster was the anti-Mason. Kill is the anti-Brewster, AND the anti-Mason. Wow.

NM.

As for the future, who knows. Kill recruits guys that fit his system, not guys that will extapolate on it. We are in for a hell of a ride, starting at USC. We already know Kill can outcoach Kiffin with his eyes closed. We do. Do we have the talent to make it so?

Make-It-So-776665.jpg

Attachments

• Make-It-So-776665.jpg
    Make-It-So-776665.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5

Johnson moved here when he was like 2 or 3; he is a Minnesotan in every sense of the word.

Davidson has never been in play for us. He is a OSU legacy with an offer; if not there he will go back to the southeast, probably Clemson.

I'm happy!
Congrats to Jonah, Kill & his staff, & to all Gopher fans!

Congrats Jonah! We're pre proud of the decision you made and the leadership you demonstrated. Your decision means alot to the team, the fans, the coach, the school, and the state. Us long term fans hope this is a sign of things to come. A signal that kids can stay in the state (if they choose) and will be suported by their family and their state both during their college career and after. You can hear the cheers already! Stroke the post...let's go!

Congrats on getting Pirsig. It is nice to see Minnesota kids wanting to stay home and play at the U.

Now solidify McDonald, get Johnson and Davidson would be awfully sweet, though his eyes are more then likely elsewhere.

I agree these all should be priorities. Davidson is a 4-star with both Rivals and Scout, technically higher therefore than Hayes and Pirsig, but do you think Kill wants 3 OL recruits in this class?

I agree these all should be priorities. Davidson is a 4-star with both Rivals and Scout, technically higher therefore than Hayes and Pirsig, but do you think Kill wants 3 OL recruits in this class?

There's no question he would take Davidson, regardless of whether he wants 3 OL or not (which I've read that he does). All that aside, Davidson is almost a lock to OSU. I'm surprised he hasn't committed already, actually.

Yeah, it sounds like we'd want 3 OL either way, but even if we weren't, we'd take Davidson in a heart beat.

Dpo...i'm kind of surprised he hasn't committed yet either. The only thing I can think of is that maybe some of the NCAA problems have him thinking twice (like maybe some more of the helmet schools will come). I don't know.

Even though he is a legacy at tOSU and has an impressive list in addition to that, I'm hopeful that the uncertainty surrounding tOSU and the fact that his father now lives here might have him taking a longer look at the Gophers.

Until signing day, I'll keep that optimism.

I don't want to be "that guy" that only brings up his criticisms and never praises someone for a job well done. If Coach Kill can land McDonald or Johnson, he's got to be deserving of an "A" for his in state recruiting efforts in year one. I really want to see McDonald as a Gopher because we need more talent at the playmaking positions on this roster. Landing Pirsig and seeing his family so happy to support his choice reflects very positively on Kill IMHO. Adding Pirsig to Gjere, the Olson bros, the McAvoy twins, and Isaac Hayes sure seems to give the coach a lot to work with along the Oline for the next few years.

Great to see talent FINALLY staying in state!!! love it!!

A tasty little tidbit here:

"Coach Limegrover told me he sees me as a left tackle, but that he will not hesitate to put me on the right side if I am ready before the left is open. He told me that he likes I can play on either side as soon as I am ready."

I've said this before, but if Pirsig is ready in 2013 (after a RS in 2012), I can see him pushing Gjere to RG, starting at RT for a year, and then taking over at LT after Eddie graduates.

A tasty little tidbit here:

"Coach Limegrover told me he sees me as a left tackle, but that he will not hesitate to put me on the right side if I am ready before the left is open. He told me that he likes I can play on either side as soon as I am ready."

I've said this before, but if Pirsig is ready in 2013 (after a RS in 2012), I can see him pushing Gjere to RG, starting at RT for a year, and then taking over at LT after Eddie graduates.

I agree. Limegrover has said he wants the five best players on the field. versatility is key

There are a number of other fans who have divided loyalties. Despite their divided loyalties, most of them are here to discuss the Gophers most of the time. Ignoring the sig, that might have been one of the first posts he has made that wasn't an NDSU post. His claiming to be a Gopher fan doesn't match well with the past years of running smack against the Gophers. He's pretty much burned up any good will. Don't barf yourself over it.

Because Lakesbison's loyalties are divided between NDSU and the Gophers, and that's okay for him. Don't barf on yourself over it.

It's not divided at all. He is so pathological that he plays that card in hopes that he may continue to post here rather than getting banned.

I believe he thinks that he'll eventually hook up with a Twink here.

Top Bottom