PFF: Daniel Faalele's NFL comp is The Mountain from GoT (could make his way into the Top 5, Top 10 of the NFL Draft)

Impact of getting Faalele AND Dunlap back is woefully underlooked, both NFL prospects...add in Schlueter and Olson opting in for year SIX...If Olson wasn't going to Med School, he could be an NFL prospect...3rd team all Big last year, previous two time Big Ten HM...Schlueter two time AllBig HM...add in Kieft and Witham opting in for years SIX and SEVEN. Kieft could get NFL looks as a blocking back. Witham beat Auburn single handedly, literally. BSF ready to thrive in Sanford offense that uses TEs? Love how Kallerup looks. JMS and Blaise are both fifth year guys, both NFL prospects. Returning starter and a fifth year guy Ruschmeyer may not see the field. Transferring in a guy with three years experience at Utah State in Karter Shaw. Boe and Ersery both return with starts. Add four-star talent in James. Add a TE all the Big Ten West wanted in Geers.

BIG THINGS are ahead for the Golden Gophers!

Is it entirely possible that we see two Gophers go in Round 1 of the NFL Draft?

Impact of getting Faalele AND Dunlap back is woefully underlooked, both NFL prospects...add in Schlueter and Olson opting in for year SIX...If Olson wasn't going to Med School, he could be an NFL prospect...3rd team all Big last year, previous two time Big Ten HM...Schlueter two time AllBig HM...add in Kieft and Witham opting in for years SIX and SEVEN. Kieft could get NFL looks as a blocking back. Witham beat Auburn single handedly, literally. BSF ready to thrive in Sanford offense that uses TEs? Love how Kallerup looks. JMS and Blaise are both fifth year guys, both NFL prospects. Returning starter and a fifth year guy Ruschmeyer may not see the field. Transferring in a guy with three years experience at Utah State in Karter Shaw. Boe and Ersery both return with starts. Add four-star talent in James. Add a TE all the Big Ten West wanted in Geers.

I very much am happy to have them back.

I do want a little more consistency out of Faalele. He's understandably hit or miss sometimes, I suspect just due to his experience, but I just hope to see him to take that next step.

I very much am happy to have them back.

I do want a little more consistency out of Faalele. He's understandably hit or miss sometimes, I suspect just due to his experience, but I just hope to see him to take that next step.
Hopefully he understands that this is the year for the next step if he wants to make it big time in the pros. I'm looking for good things from him and the rest of the guys this year. If they produce, Moe's eyes are going to be wide open.

I think Dan is gone after this year, based on his size and athleticism alone he will be drafted by the 3rd round.

A Big Ten West title win will come bearing gifts. Daniel Fa'alele and Mo Ibrahim will get drafted in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds of the NFL Draft. Several others potentially can get their names called.

Winning does wonders to players going into the NFL, and also to Gopher Recruiting. This season has a lot more riding on it.

It could very well be another NFL class like the one that put TJ, AWJr, TC, KM, and CW in the NFL.

IMHO, Mo is an underrated RB. The guy can extend TOP like nobody's business.

Reminds me a lot of David Cobb that he is so hard to get down solo or at first contact. He so consistently gets 1+ YAC that it adds up to make a big impact on the game.

A Big Ten West title win will come bearing gifts. Daniel Fa'alele and Mo Ibrahim will get drafted in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds of the NFL Draft. Several others potentially can get their names called.

Winning does wonders to players going into the NFL, and also to Gopher Recruiting. This season has a lot more riding on it.

It could very well be another NFL class like the one that put TJ, AWJr, TC, KM, and CW in the NFL.

I just don't think Mo would go in the first round. Running backs have been devalued over the last 10 years.

I just don't think Mo would go in the first round. Running backs have been devalued over the last 10 years.

One of the drawbacks you hear about his game is that he doesn't catch many passes (like NFL running backs tend to do these days) so they should try to work in more throws to him this year.

One of the drawbacks you hear about his game is that he doesn't catch many passes (like NFL running backs tend to do these days) so they should try to work in more throws to him this year.

I would like to see the Gophers use Ibrahim and the RBs in the pass game more. Would help limit the staring at #1 receivers and keep the defense guessing. Our RBs haven't been real involved that way over the years, and it's probably more play calling than stone hands.

It's very hard to go rd1 in the draft today as a RB unless you project as a 3 down back, which only about half of the teams use.

Najee Harris of Bama went to the Steelers as the 24th pick overall in this year's draft. Travis Etienne of Clemson went to the Jaguars as the 25th pick.

If Mo can show that he can catch the ball, his NFL stock will rise.

Najee Harris of Bama went to the Steelers as the 24th pick overall in this year's draft. Travis Etienne of Clemson went to the Jaguars as the 25th pick.

If Mo can show that he can catch the ball, his NFL stock will rise.
No has to run a good 40 time or he will go no where near the first round. There are plenty of backs who have run for a ton of yards who go in rounds 4-5 that you just go huh? That guy was still there?

Both were considered reaches though, and coming from those schools probably helped. I see Mo as a day 2 guy.

Who's "TC"? Or did you mean "CC" for Carter Coughlin?

Both were considered reaches though, and coming from those schools probably helped. I see Mo as a day 2 guy.
WHAT??? Harris is the all-time Alabama rushing leader and Etienne is the all-time ACC rushing leader in the history of the ACC. They were not reaches by any measure.

WHAT??? Harris is the all-time Alabama rushing leader and Etienne is the all-time ACC rushing leader in the history of the ACC. They were not reaches by any measure.
Yes they were. Not because they weren't excellent in college, but because of the position they play. Do you follow the NFL draft much? Meyer got plenty of flack for taking Etienne when they needed OL help, especially since an undrafted free agent rookie RB got them 1,000 yards last year.

Or are you just instinctively trying to disagree with me because of who you think I am?

Tim Tebow was GREAT in college, but drafting him in the first round was also a reach. What you do in college and where you project in the NFL are two different things.

I heard Etienne was considered a reach, but hadn’t heard the same on Harris. I think it has less to do with the players and more to do with their position. Both are obviously very talented, but RBs are not valued as high as they used to be in the NFL. Additionally records for rush or pass yards are not the best way to evaluate a prospect or determine if they would transition well to the pros. Plenty of record setting collegiate players have had poor pro careers.

Yes they were. Not because they weren't excellent in college, but because of the position they play. Do you follow the NFL draft much? Meyer got plenty of flack for taking Etienne when they needed OL help, especially since an undrafted free agent rookie RB got them 1,000 yards last year.

Or are you just instinctively trying to disagree with me because of who you think I am?

Tim Tebow was GREAT in college, but drafting him in the first round was also a reach. What you do in college and where you project in the NFL are two different things.
Sorry, I have no idea who you are.

I don't follow the NFL draft much. Would the third round be possible?

Top Bottom