Pete Carroll to Seattle

Bush basically has 2 choices - 1.) spill the beans, and bury USC 2.) Perjure himself.

His legal team fought hard to try and get his testimony kept private, but the judge told them to p*ss up a rope.

Bush basically has 2 choices - 1.) spill the beans, and bury USC 2.) Perjure himself.

His legal team fought hard to try and get his testimony kept private, but the judge told them to p*ss up a rope.

Somehow, I find this news incredibly satisfying.

I'm sure it's nothing like winning-the-Big-Ten satisfying, but I really wouldn't know anything about that feeling.

If this happens, September 2010 might be about the best time to play USC.

New coaching staff, possibly a new scheme, juniors might decide to enter the draft early (when they had not previously intended to), etc.

I agree with MBA...this makes me happy. Apologies to you badgerman for missing this critical part of your point last week. :) I've never been happier to be wrong.

I can understand why Carroll would want to leave USC-total personal control, a bunch of $$$, a chance to prove he can win in the NFL. But if I were Carroll I would say "Thanks, but no thanks." Right now he is the football king of LA, has total personal control(to some extent), a ton of $$$. The only thing you don't have is the chance to prove he can win NFL. But he is king of the LA, can get pretty much whoever he wants in recuiting, and he can pretty much name his price and the USC brass will pay it.

I can understand why Carroll would want to leave USC-total personal control, a bunch of $$$, a chance to prove he can win in the NFL. But if I were Carroll I would say "Thanks, but no thanks." Right now he is the football king of LA, has total personal control(to some extent), a ton of $$$. The only thing you don't have is the chance to prove he can win NFL. But he is king of the LA, can get pretty much whoever he wants in recuiting, and he can pretty much name his price and the USC brass will pay it.

Unless he knows the Reggie Bush thing is about blow up in USC's face. Then he would likely want to take the first escape pod out L.A., which appears to be Seattle.

Unless all this legal stuff goes down, in which case...it ain;t gonna be so easy no more. I'm sure up to the developments of the past week, he had your point of view, however, it now might be get out while you can.

One has to wonder if Seattle wasn't planning on firing Mora, and then someone got an interesting call from one of Carroll's "friends" and all of a sudden things got moving in a hurry to fire Mora, etc....

Somehow, I find this news incredibly satisfying.

I'm sure it's nothing like winning-the-Big-Ten satisfying, but I really wouldn't know anything about that feeling.

I read an article in the LA Times (I think) last week that was essentially predicting that the football program was in some deep trouble. It essentially was saying that the basketball program was admitting to problems in hopes of getting the NCAA to back off in general. It is sort of what the Ohio St. basketball team did when the NCAA was looking at Clarett.

Unless he knows the Reggie Bush thing is about blow up in USC's face. Then he would likely want to take the first escape pod out L.A., which appears to be Seattle.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. I believe that Carroll is interested and will likely take the job because he knows that sanctions are on the horizon and once that happens he will no longer be the king of L.A. Also, there goes any chance of competing for the BCS championship for at least 5 years.

I live in L.A. and can't stand SC fans, so this would be all great news.

You have to believe he sees trouble coming. Carroll has had plenty of better NFL offers, and he's turned them down flat. He would also have his pick of better jobs in the future.

The only reason he makes this move is because he's in a corner.

I agree with MBA...this makes me happy. Apologies to you badgerman for missing this critical part of your point last week. :) I've never been happier to be wrong.

No apologies necessary. It would be easy to miss that in the press. If I hadn't read it when I did, I would have thought the same thing you did.

Good to see it. This cannot hurt our chances at landing SH.

Top Bottom