Pete Carroll to Seattle

gotomn

Reaction score
This is the rumor according to Mort on ESPN

orly_cat.jpg

Link? Just a passing mention? Or does it sounds like a deal is in the works?

On SportsCenter, Chris Mortenson reported that "There is strong mutual interest, and it would almost be a surprise if it doesn't happen."

frorly-full.jpg

Couldn't resist pulling out this one.

LOL monk

And yeah, I do wonder how this affects the Seantrel recruitment. I guess it would be dependent on replacements and all that, but still, this is big news. Should be interesting to see how this all shakes out if he indeed does leave.

I'm sure Brewster will be immediately a top candidate for the USC job if it opens up /sarcasm.

From some of the articles I have read they have talked about how this organization is in total shambles right now and is so bad that Holmgren wouldn't even seriously consider a front office job with them when approached and ran to Cleveland. They have no offensive line, aging QB who has been getting beat up a lot of late, and no sort of front office right now. Pete Carroll has already failed twice in the NFL, is this really the job to jump at to try and prove you can win in the NFL?

the oj mayo thing and mcknight recent item may have given the interest into the football team transgressions

From some of the articles I have read they have talked about how this organization is in total shambles right now and is so bad that Holmgren wouldn't even seriously consider a front office job with them when approached and ran to Cleveland. They have no offensive line, aging QB who has been getting beat up a lot of late, and no sort of front office right now. Pete Carroll has already failed twice in the NFL, is this really the job to jump at to try and prove you can win in the NFL?

it could be the job where he gets total control and a situation where he can empty the cupboards, start fresh, and build it his way. Coaches have huge ego's and Carroll may look at this situation as an opportunity to be a hero.

not really

Maybe, but if he is then the NCAA has pulled a rabbit out of their hat. That investigation has been dead in the water for years now.

read between the lines

They are in the worse division in the NFL though.

So what do you think SH's top 5 would be if Carroll leaves for the Seahawks?

How funny would it be if Pete Carroll did leave USC and they then went and hired his enemy Jim Harbaugh.

Looks like Carroll/McKnight are taking a play out of Calipari/Rose playbook.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Interestingly, the end of the article says Seattle contacted Leslie Frazier to gauge his interest, and he declined to speak with them. Kind of strange that he would turn down an opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. Perhaps he's holding out for a certain job that he wants? Bears maybe?

OT, but he did interview with Buffalo yesterday, and I think there is at least an 75% chance he gets that job..maybe might even have been told that yesterday...

I'm sure Brewster will be immediately a top candidate for the USC job if it opens up /sarcasm.

Of course not. But will he be (or try and become) a candidate for domino 2 or 3?

Maybe, but if he is then the NCAA has pulled a rabbit out of their hat. That investigation has been dead in the water for years now.

Like I posted last week, there is a very good chance the civil trial involving Reggie Bush may/will likely unearth some facts to aid the NCAA investigation.

He's getting out ahead of the cops, and so is Joe McKnight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Interestingly, the end of the article says Seattle contacted Leslie Frazier to gauge his interest, and he declined to speak with them. Kind of strange that he would turn down an opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL. Perhaps he's holding out for a certain job that he wants? Bears maybe?

I saw it noted elsewhere that he felt he was only a courtesey 'Rooney Rule' interview in Seattle's case. Perhaps someone let him know that Carol was getting the job and he didn't want his time wasted. I think it's 75% that the Vikings will lose him to someone this off-season. Most likely Buffalo.

Prob not, but ego/ambition are funny things.

The other thing to watch in this is the domino effect it has on others...

i.e. if Carroll goes to Seattle, and convinces Bates to go with him, does that mean Fisch is back near the top of the list for OC for the Bears??

All sorts of interesting possibilities that one creates....

If Carroll leaves, I wonder if there are any USC recruits that would consider staying home instead?

Like I posted last week, there is a very good chance the civil trial involving Reggie Bush may/will likely unearth some facts to aid the NCAA investigation.

He's getting out ahead of the cops, and so is Joe McKnight.

I must have missed your reference to this last week. I ran to teh Google and ta da, there is the rabbit the NCAA needed. I thought all the civil stuff had been settled out of court and was unaware of this recent ruling. My heart leaps with joy that USC might actually face some penalties for this BS. :)

read between the lines
I never doubted that Bush/USC did something wrong...just missed the recent news that the previously private civil cases were going to go public.

Top Bottom