Perich, Abasiri & Pretzlaff Watch

Willwin40

Reaction score
It's a good sign that they haven't decommitted after their visits. Let's hope for the best even though CB's are often correct.

I think there are more visits this coming weekend possibly.

Perich is going to FSU I believe.

I'd rank them in this order of most likely to leave.

1. Pretzlaff
2. Abasiri
3. Perich

This has no real base to it, but I like to look at the liked tweets of commits to see how committed they really are and from what I gathered, Perich is still pretty active on gopher twitter which is a huge plus to the theory of him staying

There wouldn’t be decommitments yet, until all of the visits are done?

As far as I know Perich is the only one with another visit.

even if they sign, they could transfer out at any moment! no one is safe!!!!! FOUNDATION IS CRUMBLING!!!!
If Darius and other key players left I would give you the crumbling foundation bit, however, that didn’t happen and we added one of the best portal QBs, a starting corner, A solid RB, a d lineman to replace Baugh, and we have time to add more. We are reloading for a comeback year!

If Koi Perich were my son I would encourage him to be upfront with the Gophers and take all of his official visits. I would be hoping he would still choose the Gophers but I feel like the right thing for him to do is to look at all his options. You're making a huge decision - it would be best to weigh everything.

If Darius and other key players left I would give you the crumbling foundation bit, however, that didn’t happen and we added one of the best portal QBs, a starting corner, A solid RB, a d lineman to replace Baugh, and we have time to add more. We are reloading for a comeback year!
He’s mocking another poster’s doom and gloom 🧵

There wouldn’t be decommitments yet, until all of the visits are done?
why decommit before you know you have the next offer in hand ready to commit there? just like you don't leave your girlfriend or job until you know the next option is in the bag

If Koi Perich were my son I would encourage him to be upfront with the Gophers and take all of his official visits. I would be hoping he would still choose the Gophers but I feel like the right thing for him to do is to look at all his options. You're making a huge decision - it would be best to weigh everything.
Including his future transfer destination options
/s

why decommit before you know you have the next offer in hand ready to commit there? just like you don't leave your girlfriend or job until you know the next option is in the bag
Could you explain that to my kids?

No decommits so far is good, but doesn't indicate much.

Basically means 2 things: 1. They haven't yet decided "I'm not going to go to the U", which is good. Means we still have a fighting chance, but that's about it, and 2. There hasn't been a visit yet that was "I don't need to see another school, I'm going here".

I'm choosing to be optimistic, but the next 9 days are going to be VERY long. If we get to this time next week, and there aren't any decommits, I will feel MUCH better. Doesn't mean anything since this is early signing, and they could opt not to sign to have more time to think, and eventually decommit, but it at least means we're still on the table.

Including his future transfer destination options
/s
I didn't even think that originally but you're spot on.

I have found myself not getting beat up if Perich chooses another school just because there is a chance he still ends up a Gopher someday.

It's a good sign that they haven't decommitted after their visits. Let's hope for the best even though CB's are often correct.
PJ's sending 'em out as undercover agents. They're all going on these visits to convince other 'cruits to decommit and come to MN.

1702326424831.png

the Gophers have had players decommit before - and they'll have players decommit again.

it's the nature of the beast. all the coaches can do is try and remind those players why they chose MN in the first place.

and if they do have someone decommit, then the Gophers have to replace that player with someone from the portal - or by getting a recruit from another school to flip in favor of MN.

it ain't pretty, but that's where we are right now.

I think there are more visits this coming weekend possibly.

Perich is going to FSU I believe.

I'd rank them in this order of most likely to leave.

1. Pretzlaff
2. Abasiri
3. Perich
Why would any of three stay loyal? The future is somewhat cloudy here in MN.

Top Bottom