Penn State and Purdue

Purdue and Nebraska(?) are the only teams in this division whose offensive identity isn't based on running the football and smashing people.

Iowa, Wisc, NW, Gophers ... now Bert is at ILL.

Neb should be, but not sure what they're doing on offense.

Saw a blip from our own Brock Vereen that Purdon't has seen the best secondary they will see all year. Not a fan of that comment. Maybe I heard it wrong, but that's what I took away from it.

Minnesota has the best secondary in the history of football, and it should be said every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That comment was probably influenced by PSU's Joey Porter. He is the real deal.

Very thankful Pinn State squeaked this one out. The more losses that Purdoo, Ioway, and whizcantsun can build up in their crossover games, the better. Purdoo in particular generally has a manageable schedule so taking a loss against Pinn State was important.

Saw a blip from our own Brock Vereen that Purdon't has seen the best secondary they will see all year. Not a fan of that comment. Maybe I heard it wrong, but that's what I took away from it.

Minnesota has the best secondary in the history of football, and it should be said every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That Joey Porter Jr is the real deal as a cb for Penn St. Long and fast. He'll be a 1st round pick.

Purdue fans are pissed. Many saying would you rather have Brohm or Frost calling plays in the 4th quarter of a close game.

Purdue could have ran the clock out simply refused to throw it. Brohm was complete shit with the play calling in the fourth.

PSU does have some elite players in their secondary.
Purdue had the chance to ice the game but their QB underthrew a wide-open receiver and the PSU CB made a great play on the ball.

Elite players in the Purdue secondary? Maybe.

But they gave up 308 passing yards and 4 touchdown passes to Sean Clifford and Drew Allar.

Maybe they had an "off" game.

Elite players in the Purdue secondary? Maybe.

But they gave up 308 passing yards and 4 touchdown passes to Sean Clifford and Drew Allar.

Maybe they had an "off" game.
I think he said elite players in the PSU secondary.

Purdue fans are pissed. Many saying would you rather have Brohm or Frost calling plays in the 4th quarter of a close game.

Purdue could have ran the clock out simply refused to throw it. Brohm was complete shit with the play calling in the fourth.

Penn state was loading the box. So it makes sense to throw.

QUOTE: "I think he said elite players in the PSU secondary."

Okay, my mistake.

I guess the Penn State secondary, which gave up 356 passing yards, is the one that has the elite players.

It didn't work out too well, though.

Fleck gets criticism because he runs too much; Brohm catches it for not running enough.
It's all about balance and flexibility, which I think Ciarocca understands.

Penn state was loading the box. So it makes sense to throw.
You run it on first down and see what you get. If you get 3 or 4 yards, you run again. If not, you can throw.

The clock was their very good friend.

It didn't work out too well, though.

Fleck gets criticism because he runs too much; Brohm catches it for not running enough.
In those games, Fleck never throws and Brohm never runs.......and what happens, you get beat, go back to the locker room, stair at the ceiling, and wonder how the hell you ever got beat.

You run it on first down and see what you get. If you get 3 or 4 yards, you run again. If not, you can throw.

The clock was their very good friend.
The art is to keep the defense guessing. Have to throw on first down occasionally to keep the D honest unless the opposing defense just can't stop you even with a loaded box.

In those games, Fleck never throws and Brohm never runs.......and what happens, you get beat, go back to the locker room, stair at the ceiling, and wonder how the hell you ever got beat.

If only they'd listen to the many and myriad keyboard coordinators of the world.

The art is to keep the defense guessing. Have to throw on first down occasionally to keep the D honest unless the opposing defense just can't stop you even with a loaded box.
they literally never ran, though.

If only they'd listen to the many and myriad keyboard coordinators of the world.
We can't all be like you, Murray........who has gone through life watching football and never once commented on the play calling.

We can't all be you.

they literally never ran, though.
I get what Purdue did. I was just expanding on the thought of running on first down. Purdue's OL in the past has been slightly undersized by BigTen West standards, but relatively athletic and obviously good at pass blocking. I bring that up because sometimes OL like that just don't seem to have the weight/ size to move people out of a loaded box at crunch time.

Kind of reminds me of some of Mason's OL undersized/ athletic OL that struggled at times to get a yard or two for a key first down to close out a game against top defenses.

Top Bottom