Parking

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but here is a draft copy of the Stadium Gameday Map (last page) showing all University lots that will allow tailgating:

http://www.cppm.umn.edu/purchasing/rfps/toilets/RFP.pdf

Wow, thanks for posting that. Probably deserves its own thread, but what I liked on that map (page 26) was the areas they've designated as "non-car tailgating".

In front of Mariucci, McNamara lawn, and the Church St area in the middle of campus. Those should be hopping areas. Very encouraging. Plus, seeing all the tailgate "Ts" on that map should alieve some concerns about tailgating space. While not giant lots there is a pretty good amount of tailgate spots near the stadium. Goodstuff.

Fantastic find. I agree with inflection point...this should be its own thread.

I am very excited to see the non-car tailgate areas!

I know this says subject to change, but unless they add more areas, I really hope they don't change it!

I am in Ski-U-Mah but have six tickets. I would love to have two spots. Alas, the U decided to make it based on groups of four tickets. It is very evident that ticket holders who paid for premium seats do not understand that the premium counts towards the donation level. I expect that as time goes on(Hint: an e-mail or letter) everyone who qualifies and has not yet purchased a parking pass will do so.

If the U sells the best parking to non-gopher ticket holders..... just for a few bucks. The pitchforks and torches will be brought out. The parking lots around The Vault are the first ring of defense. This is our house. Do not let the barbarians invade!

I am in Ski-U-Mah but have six tickets. I would love to have two spots. Alas, the U decided to make it based on groups of four tickets.
Pretty sure six tickets entitles you to 2 parking spots. 1-4 tickets=1 spot. 5-8 tickets=two spots. etc.

Pretty sure six tickets entitles you to 2 parking spots. 1-4 tickets=1 spot. 5-8 tickets=two spots. etc.

You're correct, but as it stands now he'd have to pony up an additional $1,000 for that 2nd spot.

I'll be pissed if they allow Z1 and Z2 the right to buy additional spots without additional donation. That is changing the rules. If I would have known I could have purchased 2 spots for $1000 donation I sure would have done it.

I'll also be pissed if they try and sell the spots on the day of the game. These spots deserve to be taken by season ticket holders not visting teams or by people that did not purchase a spot when they should have.

The only thing they can do is for the U to hold onto the spots and offer them to suites and loge...since I believe each already came with a spot.

What about giving the open spots to the Goal Line Club? It's pretty obvious the U themselves can't get these spots sold when it should have been a slam dunk.

Top Bottom