Parker Fox

*sigh*....I have never once.....at any point....said or implied that I didn't WANT the team to win....not ever....so whatever point you think you are proving, you aren't. Every fan wants the team to do well every season (and you know this).

I had zero expectations for this team heading into the season. I just hoped they would be competitive and we would get a sense for the kind of basketball Johnson was going to have his teams play going forward. I still have zero expectations for this team, but if they keep on winning and find a way to make the tournament that will be awesome. If the wheels come off and they fall short so be it, I plan to enjoy the ride, wherever it leads.

My guess/hope is that you get that there is more to it than wins/losses but maybe you don't.
Wins are what matter. Losses get coaches fired. Its really that simple.

Wins are what matter. Losses get coaches fired. Its really that simple.
Not in year 1 but maybe you really just don't understand that.

Either way I am done banging my head against the wall trying to have a rational discussion with you. It is just like trying to talk to MPLS Gopherfan on the football board.

Not in year 1 but maybe you really just don't understand that.

Either way I am done banging my head against the wall trying to have a rational discussion with you. It is just like trying to talk to MPLS Gopherfan on the football board.
I understand coaches usually dont get fired in year 1. Usually.

Wins are what matters.

Is it your studied assertion that Ben Johnson will get fired if he doesn't win enough this season?
Johnson will not and wouldn’t be fired after his first season. No way. No matter.

I understand coaches usually dont get fired in year 1. Usually.

Wins are what matters.
Of course wins are what matter. We all know. You've stated it like 8 times in this thread alone, and ZERO people argued with you. The expectations for teams change each and every year as each game is played. I agree with @MNVCGUY that I'm not sure what you are arguing. At the beginning of the season, everyone was very low on this team (if you can point me to a post by you indicating you thought they could be a top half of the big ten team, please point that out and I will eat crow). Minn was picked to finish dead last in the B10 pretty much unanimously, and I didn't see a path to a much higher finish either. But that is why they play the games. After they have played the games thus far, we can reevaluate and adjust expectations. Otherwise, why not just crown the preseason top 4 as the participants in the post season final four? Or does the season not actually matter. Point is, the team has been pleasantly surprising to this point. Lots of season left to go still, but I don't get why you can't see how expectations have changed.

For the record, I'm not responding to a reply from you at this point. You have made my list (along with Spaulding and MPLSgopher) for people I suspect of being Reusse. Trolls

Johnson will not and wouldn’t be fired after his first season. No way. No matter.
But you said "wins are what matters...loses get coaches fired....it's really that simple". Make up your mind man.

But you said "wins are what matters...loses get coaches fired....it's really that simple". Make up your mind man.
In this case, Johnson could have won 5 games THIS SEASON and he wasn't going to be fired. The entire world knows that.

Other than cheating, why do coaches get fired?

I still couldn’t care less where we land this year. I am simply grateful to see an offense that moves the ball and gets good looks. We are not athletically gifted, but these kids have a high basketball IQ and I love it.
Defenses actually have to choose between defending the Three or the Drive. Nice to see finally.

In this case, Johnson could have won 5 games THIS SEASON and he wasn't going to be fired. The entire world knows that.

So then what you are trying to say is that this season will be judged on more than wins/losses and the record is not the most import thing this year. Huh....interesting concept....I mean I have always clung to the idea that wins are all that matters but I guess it might be possible to look beyond the record when evaluating this team and this season.

:)

So then what you are trying to say is that this season will be judged on more than wins/losses and the record is not the most import thing this year. Huh....interesting concept....I mean I have always clung to the idea that wins are all that matters but I guess it might be possible to look beyond the record when evaluating this team and this season.

:)
Every season is judged on wins and losses. That's why historical records are kept.

Looking back on the 1971 season, please tell us about the non-record, culture building that was happening. Be detailed.

Nope. Wins/Losses. Full stop. You've been riding this horse for a while. No exceptions. No modifications. CBJ better finish above .500 and at least make the NIT...or he's gone.

Nope. Wins/Losses. Full stop. You've been riding this horse for a while. No exceptions. No modifications. CBJ better finish above .500 and at least make the NIT...or he's gone.
Why do coaches get fired, Cuomo brother, other than cheating?

Defenses actually have to choose between defending the Three or the Drive. Nice to see finally.
Our drives are effective, not because we are athletically gifted, but because good ball movement gets the defense off balance and opens lanes to drive.

Just think of how boring it was last season to watch Marcus Carr dribble for 28 seconds and then drive against 5 guys. It was so tiresome, predictable and ineffective. This season is perhaps the first time since Clem Haskins where I find myself enjoying the game the Gophers are playing.

^^^^^ MMNVCGUY ^^^^^^

Wont answer.
lol....I'm not going to dignify that post with an answer because it has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Just tell yourself you won the argument and move on with life.

lol....I'm not going to dignify that post with an answer because it has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Just tell yourself you won the argument and move on with life.
Your dignity goes as far as your lack of honesty. And yes, it has everything to do with the discussion.

Why do coaches get fired, Cuomo brother, other than cheating?
First you were saying Ben has to win this year or he's gone, then you weren't. After all, why do coaches get fired? It's results, baby boy. Using your logic and assuming no cheating, if the gophers don't score first this afternoon, Coyle has to walk on to the court and walk Johnson out of the building. We don't have time to wait for an entire game to be played, Johnson has to win possessions. Or. He's. Gone.

First you were saying Ben has to win this year or he's gone, then you weren't. After all, why do coaches get fired? It's results, baby boy. Using your logic and assuming no cheating, if the gophers don't score first this afternoon, Coyle has to walk on to the court and walk Johnson out of the building. We don't have time to wait for an entire game to be played, Johnson has to win possessions. Or. He's. Gone.
Never ONCE said that. Quote it Cuomo.....

Why do coaches get fired, Cuomo? Let me help you and veecee :

Lack of WINNING

Poor academic progress, abusive coaching tactics, personal and political scandals, social media outbursts, player turnover, new AD/school leadership…

What are you even arguing about?

Poor academic progress, abusive coaching tactics, personal and political scandals, social media outbursts, player turnover, new AD/school leadership…

What are you even arguing about?
If you figure it out let me know because he has shifted this argument so many times I have completely lost track at this point.

It was until barn hijacked it with his nonsense.

Anyway, if I had a vote I'd vote for Parker to wait until next season to play. He'll really be at full strength then.
The only way I would play him this year is if he has told them that next year is his final year no matter what. If he has indicated that he will play 2 seasons after this one then it makes total sense to keep him on the shelf and let him heal up fully for the 22-23 season.

Jump balls too? Most legible lineup card?

^^^^^^ MNVCDUDE ^^^^^^^

Wont answer why coaches get fired......:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom